Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x05 "A Taste of Her Own Medicine"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 54
    Hmm...we'll see how this turns out...I dunno about this one...
    Edited on 03/02/2009 7:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvismyescape22

[2]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 13
    Blythe Danner was good! I can't believe the daughter was poisoning her own daughter and poisoned that other woman. This reminded me of "The Sixtg Sense" no not because of seeing dead people, but because in there, the mother was also poisoning her daughter which led to her death. It's a real disease called "Munchausen's By Proxy", where the parents keep their children sick by poisoning them, only to get attention.

I can't wait to see next weeks! It looks like a good one! Is the world going to end?

Edward_Nigma

[3]Mar 2, 2009
    • level: 54

Okay that was better than I thought, good. It was sorta like a past episode though where the husband (I believe) kept giving his wife drugs so she'd stay mentally ill or something to that effect. In past seasons though, Allison wouldn't have hidden the truth from Devalos...this is defintiely a change in her character, and no the first we've seen of this so far this season. In the past Allison has told Devalos about thing she had no proof of, only for him to tell her there's nothing he can do...but this time there was a body! I'm not so sure if this sits exactly right with me...maybe it all stems from "The Boy Next Door" when she let the kid shoot himself! Oh but I shouldn't bring that up because no one agreed with me on that one.

Oh and I can't forget the wonderful Scanlon quote: "You know the great thing about being alone? There's no one to let down." So sad but so true. 2nd-favorite quote of the show (behind one of Frances Fisher's back in "I Married a Mindreader").

And yeah, next week looks intense! Here comes the March (weird...not February) sweep!

Edited on 03/02/2009 11:46pm

haldrey

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode, great storyline with a cool happy ending in all fronts.

Jack146

[5]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 11

tvismyescape22 wrote:
    I can't believe the daughter was poisoning her own daughter and poisoned that other woman.

She wasn't poisoning her own daughter, she was poisoning the daughter of the first woman she murdered and dumped in the pond. She was originally being paid to care for that kid. Once she moved in, the ailing kid was only an unwanted burden to her.

I found this episode interesting because on March 16 of last year I posted this:

http://www.tv.com/medium/show/22414/official-discussion-4x07-andquotburn-baby-burn-1andquot/topic/10506-1018347/msgs.html?msg_id=10570889#9

Jack146 wrote:

How long would Joe really stay married to Allison? Would you want to sleep in the same bed as someone who jumps up in bed and gasps several times a week in the middle of the night and often starts making phone calls. It will only get worse now that at least 2 out of 3 daughters are popping in in the middle of the night when they have these dreams.

pisceandreams

[6]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 40

Blythe Danner really was good in this ep, not that I was surprised. What did surprise me is that she had it in her to kill off her own daughter. Wow!

I like watching the ever-evolving character of Allison DuBois. As Edward_Nigma pointed out, she displayed aspects of herself that weren't present a few seasons (or years) ago. She definitely seems to be more intuitive and self-confident, which makes her a more unique and compelling character.

Really enjoying season 5 thus far.

harihudson

[7]Mar 7, 2009
    • level: 15
    pisceandreams wrote:

Blythe Danner really was good in this ep, not that I was surprised. What did surprise me is that she had it in her to kill off her own daughter. Wow!

Really enjoying season 5 thus far.

Danner's character took parental responsibility to the extreme. Hmmm, I know she wanted to save the kids, but was she also thinking about being a possible victim as an aging parent? Left to that killer nurse's sweet care?

I'm glad Scanlon stepped up to his lover's side and stopped ducking her. I like his wry sense of humor, but not his "keep it on the DL" attitude in his relationship.