Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x06 "Apocalypse...Now?"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 54
    The titling of this is confusing I think...since all the other "Apocalypse" episodes had Capt. Push in them but this one doesn't seem to....maybe they'll surprise us?
    Edited on 03/17/2009 2:00pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marvelfan89

[2]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 39

No Captain Push. Overall another winner. I liked these episodes that start one way and end another especially once you figure out what really is behind the whole Apocalypse plot. Also interesting to see how Allison and Joe would handle the end. Allison was actually pondering getting a gun while Joe firmly opposed it. Another winner.

Edited on 03/09/2009 11:14pm

agent_0042

[3]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 66
    It was a pretty good episode, though the basic plotline (man traps a girl in a bunker and makes her think the apocalypse is going) sounds familiar-- I feel like I've seen it somewhere before, perhaps Without a Trace. Ariel-- if she was serious about coming clean regarding that test, then she should have said something to the teacher the minute that they started taking the test and she saw the test paper.

haldrey

[4]Mar 10, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode and yes, although similar to others, here it was presented with different twist. I believe it was in Criminal Minds where I have seen a similar storyline.

derbone

[5]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    I found this episode too obvious. I suspected 15 minutes into the episode that the guy had kidnapped the girl and was faking the whole apocalypse thing. I was so disappointed when the plotline really turned out this way in the end!

agent_0042

[6]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 66
    I don't watch Criminal Minds, so that definitely can't be where I saw this particular storyline before.

netgoddess

[7]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 10
    derbone wrote:
    I found this episode too obvious. I suspected 15 minutes into the episode that the guy had kidnapped the girl and was faking the whole apocalypse thing. I was so disappointed when the plotline really turned out this way in the end!

I agree...I immediately thought that as well. The plot was far too predictable.