Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x08 "Truth Be Told"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 54
    Last episode of the sweep...let's see what it's got!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gregorysam

[2]Mar 30, 2009
    • level: 4
    I liked this episode, in fact I liked it a lot. Spoiler I did actually guess that it was the married couple but what I didnt get was at the very very end why was Allison so surprised and disappointed about the wife. She was only sort of guilty, and she said she loved him but he took all the blame (after he confessed) so what was the shocker for Allison? I loved the seen with Joe and the end. He truly is the high end character with a lot of integrity. He's someone people try and aspire to become. He easily could of gotten Jealous, angry overly questioned himself and in the end done something stupid or silly, he easily could of hit the guy when meeting him (with little repercussions) but he kept his cool the Joe way.
    Edited on 03/30/2009 10:05pm

haldrey

[3]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode even though almost from the beginning it was kind of obvious that the couple or at least one part of the couple was the culprit, the storyline leading to the final conclusion was very good. Is Allison going to keep the true/false ability? That would be a nice ability to have nowadays in real life. better than the way they do it in the Lie to Me show.

TesserT

[4]Mar 31, 2009
    • level: 76
    The opening scene had me anticipating something bad happening - nice suspense with it. The "buzzer" started out annoying - until I figured it out before Allison - then it became somewhat amusing. Especially with Bridgette & the milk carton and Joe's responses about Allison's "buzzer" in her head. The design paper Joe had supposedly gotten from the guy suing him was played well - they both were telling the truth which made it obvious what happened - glad Joe figured it out & tried to let the guy out with some dignity & reputation. (ugh I'm as bad as Joe, I keep all my memos, presentations & such.) Such a sad story this week - convoluted but sad. At the end in the final meeting with all the players, I kept waiting for someone to ask about the money - they did mention the robbery but nothing beyond. Without a way for the wife to prove her 'self-defense' actions, the husband took the blame (dreams don't count in court) - I guess Allison let it go because of the circumstances surrounding the 1st murders. Good episode but I still like visiting dead people episodes the best.

CharlesTheBold

[5]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 7
    As a new viewer, I was puzzled by this episode. Allison gets a new power (lie detection) with no explanation, then it's gone by the next episode. Does this happen a lot?

agent_0042

[6]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 66
    I adored the lie buzzer. I wished that Allison could keep the power. It would be great to see it return sometime though!

Oh, and yeah, sometimes it does happen if it's something that's specifically themed to a particular case. But I really wished that she could kept this one.
    Edited on 06/08/2009 4:30pm