CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x09: "All in the Family"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Apr 6, 2009
    • level: 54
    Is Archie Bunker in this one?
    Edited on 04/13/2009 2:19pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shimmybinny

[2]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 10

I am not sure if archie bunker was in this episode. who do you think he played?

Also this episode seemed a lot like the one behind the wheel, the whole changing the look of someone to look like someone else.

The show is still amazing and extremely entertaining. But it's hard to come up with new material after 4/5 seasons. I think it would be cool if allison wakes up in the near future (like 5 years from now) and things have completely changed. I know there have been a few episodes where she has been in the future (second opinion comes to mind where Marie has leukemia), but you can really do alot with that concept.

they should make an episode where she wakes up blind, and has to rely on her other senses. I know she has been deaf, but going blind would be really interesting.

Edited on 04/07/2009 8:18am

haldrey

[3]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 22
    Good episode even though the change of face thing has been used in many other shows. As a matter of fact my wife is watching a soap opera where the main thing is that the main character was in an accident and she was give someone else face. But the story was well presented and also the sub-storyline was quite interesting.

TesserT

[4]Apr 7, 2009
    • level: 81
    Archie Bunker, All in the Family - cute E_N I liked the episode even though I figured out the face fix early on. But I did get my 'dead guy talking to Allison' wish. Joe's dad always provides some interesting moments. What an awful son & brother! Joe's sister story was the one with all the twists! As for the ...to be continued... I guess Ariel's story will have to wait till next week which looked interesting from the promo at the end.

Edward_Nigma

[5]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 54
    Hehe thanks Tesser...sorry you didn't get the joke shimmybinny.

I agree though shimmy, it's hard to be unique anymore. The episodes are all somewhat unique in their own way...but if they're all that way they do end up being nothing special. I want to see a "wow" episode.

This wasn't necessarily bad, but just not exciting. I'm gonna guess Ariel did not go on the ski trip. Let's hope so or that'd be a very bad "To be Continued"! Oh and random comment -- I noticed Ariel's lips are huge lol.

Also - again with one of Devalos' friends! Seriously like everyone who knows him or knows someone he knows has issues haha. And I still don't get why Dawson's Creek and his sister/girlfriend went to Devalos for help if they were the killers...it seemed like they got away with the murder okay in the first place...but maybe I'm missing something.

marvelfan89

[6]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 39
    It was great overall they didn't need the face thing. It would have been a bigger shock to see an incest angle play out. It definitely got my attention there but the route they took was still nicely done.
    Edited on 04/08/2009 1:10am
    Edited 2 total times.

shimmybinny

[7]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    OK i just got the joke!!! hahaha I get jokes late
    The show is still amazing. I love it!!! But i would love a "shocker" episode!!!
    I know there will be, I want the series to reach 100 episodes!!! I kinda have OCD like that Ariel lips are fuller!

BiniBeans

[8]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 21
    Okay, apart from the fact that I don't believe the plastic surgery could have made Harmony look exactly enough like Brooke to fool her mother (and what about height, memories, her job?) it seems not very probable that having killed the mother they would then draw further attention to the matter by going to the D.A. with their little story. Yeah, I know murderers are supposed to be dumb but still...

Anyway, looking forward to see whether there is more behind the disappearance of the daughter than a little skiing trip. And sad to see that these parents can't seem to trust the sense of their daughter or that it is taken for granted that a bunch of 18 year old boys would be interested in the giggling friends of a younger sister. Especially with the father taking part in the trip.