Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x1 "Soul Survivor"

agent_0042

[1]Feb 2, 2009
    • level: 66
    Allison Dubois helps Manny Devalos and Joe Scanlon to solve a case involving a friend of Manny's. The case initially came up during the time when Devalos was out of office and received only a token investigation, but now it's being looked at again. Allison has dreams that lead her to believe that the soul of the woman's deceased husband is living in the body of her new husband, but there turns out to be a twist. Meanwhile, Bridgette gets in trouble at school for drawing naked pictures of her art teacher.

A fun episode, I thought, and a good way to start the season. A fairly interesting case and a strong resolution. All of our favorite characters are back in place and we're getting things rolling again!

Favorite line of the night: "If you're going to accuse somebody of putting out a 'naked vibe', just make sure you have all your ducks in a row." - Allison
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 54
    Thank you agent for making the thread...shame on me for forgetting.

I liked the episode...but I think it was only good, not spectacular. I dunno, I just like when season premieres are something special. But, we did get to see the old team back together like you said, so that was nice. I just hope this doesn't lead to the show becoming stale. I did like the twist in the case though. If anything Medium is refreshing, as it has that unique style that is lacking in so many other shows currently in primetime.

haldrey

[3]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 22
    At last, damn how has it been, almost eight months. I do not know if it was superb or just good, I liked it a lot and after such a long absence I am just happy that it is back.

TesserT

[4]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 76
    This was a good episode - but like E_N said just not spectacular. I figured out the autobiography & the new husband's insights into husband #1 early on but didn't figure out why he'd kill the sister - nice twist there. Just glad to have it back on the air!

derbone

[5]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    Where was Ariel?

Marsika_fangirl

[6]Feb 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    I liked it engough,loved the twist like everyone else just so glad to have it back on with new eps!

angrodpallanen

[7]Feb 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    Nice episode that reminded me why I used to watch this show religiously. The whole family aspect makes it so much better then normal crime shows and keeps the cases interesting. I didn't like the twists, they were to simple and made Allison's gift look uninteresting and easy. She has a dream, solves the case after thousands of twists. They kept the episode alive, but it definately wasn't good. But for now, it definetaly pulled me back to watch Medium again.