We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x10 "Then...and Again"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Apr 13, 2009
    • level: 54
    This one looks really good, I'm excited! I don't get the episode title though...maybe I will after I watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 66
    Overall, I thought this was a really good and fun episode. The only thing I didn't get and, therefore, didn't work for me, was the idea that Allison wouldn't be able to convince Devalos of her psychic abilities. If she was really transported to the past (or was she even really transported to the past-- it was more of a dream...) she should have been able to tell Devalos more about what she knew of him than just that he told in the future that he always at the same thing at a cafe on Tuesdays. Details that nobody else except someone very close to him could ever possibly know. Yet, it was like she didn't even try. Otherwise, it was very good. Loved Allison's conversation with Ariel, about time slipping away. The scenes (which didn't actually happen-- again, if this was Allison's dream, did she witness these alternate scenes in the dream as a nonpresent obersever-- or what? ["Time travel. Since my first day as a starship captain I swore I'd never let myself get caught in one of these godforsaken paradoxes. The future is the past, the past is the future - it all gives me a headache." - Janeway - Star Trek: Voyager]) about Marie supposedly being "broken" were also funny. Have I ever mentioned that I think Marie is as cute as a button? Very cute kid.

haldrey

[3]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    I do not think that she was really in the past, like you said it was more of a dream and that is why she was not able to change the events.
    Edited on 04/16/2009 8:30am

pisceandreams

[4]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 40

This was a fun, enjoyable episode that mixed-up the usual formula a bit. I, too, loved Allison's conversation with Ariel about time slipping away and letting go of anger. It seems that she has has a lot of "wise mother" moments with her daughters, namely Ariel, this season.

I definitely think the bulk of the episode was a dream, as opposed to Allison traveling back in time. Thinking about the time continuum makes me dizzy sometimes. Is it really even possible? Anyway, I digress. I think Allison was having a dream within a dream, which are always the freakiest whenever they happen to me. She initially dreamt about the present with Joe returning home with Ariel and then going to Devalos's home and getting shot. Then within that dream she dreamt about going back in time (2004, with George Bush as president) to solve the crime so as to prevent things from happening in the present (2009, with Barack Obama as president).

As a side note, I thought it was strange that they didn't mention Obama as president now, unless of course this episode was filmed before November 2008. (?)

marvelfan89

[5]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 39
    It was just ok for me not great but otherwise still enjoyable. I knew how it would end so not much in the way of surprises. I believed that she wasn't able to convince Devalos is a pretty old prude-that's been part of his persona even though now he is more inclined to trust Allison he still voices his skepticism. I did it funny when he "died" he had it coming. LMAO

puppybunny1

[6]Apr 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    This episode reminds me of Charmed Series Finale "Charmed Forever". To save the future she ad to go into the past. In metaphysical terms, it is called Astral Projection. There are movies made about this- The Butterfly Effect.

paryah

[7]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    puppybunny1 wrote:
    This episode reminds me of Charmed Series Finale "Charmed Forever". To save the future she ad to go into the past. In metaphysical terms, it is called Astral Projection. There are movies made about this- The Butterfly Effect.

Ummmm actually she didn't go into the past. This proven and verified by the fact that nothing changed. There was no butterfly effect.

paryah

[8]May 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    Also Astral projection generally deals with creating or "projecting" one's self through space NOT time.