Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x17 "The First Bite is the Deepest"

agent_0042

[1]May 12, 2009
    • level: 66
    Anjelica Huston returns as Cynthia Keener. According to the summary "Allison turns to Cynthia Keener (who is now in jail) when she starts dreaming of a former kidnap victim who Cynthia had once rescued."

Should be fun! Looking forward to watching it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]May 18, 2009
    • level: 54
    Yes, can't wait for this one! Though in the preview thing after last week's episode, Cynthia acted a bit harsh I thought. I'm sure it'll be a great episode though!

agent_0042

[3]May 18, 2009
    Well, Cynthia's a broken woman. Or, she was. But I think things may be picking up for her. Good episode. Great to see Cynthia / Anjelica Huston again. I really hope she gets that parole. Also interesting with this thing of Joe and his going to San Diego to work-- I really hope it all works out for him. Two weeks until the season (hopefully, not series) finale.

shimmybinny

[4]May 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Cynthia Keener back in action! The only thing I didn't understand is why Sipes originally kidnapped Bethany. He seemed like a bad guy, but not someone who would kidnap anyone. They really didn't say why he originally did that, but besides that it was a great episode.

haldrey

[5]May 19, 2009
    • level: 22
    With the kidnapping of Bethany he got the money to start his business. Maybe it was one time thing, he does not appear to be a serial one, but that is not explained. The episode was great and I want more of Angelica Huston, her character is a great side kick to Allison.

TesserT

[7]May 19, 2009
    • level: 81
    Good ep! Cynthia Keener was worked into this episode nicely & who knows maybe she'll get paroled sometime in the future. I was sort of annoyed at Allison when she was giving Joe a hard time about 3 days/wk away in San Diego (I love this city & would move there in an instant!) so he could work on the project he created - how many companies give an employee that kind of opportunity! They need the money & it was a good compromise & Joe deserves a career break. Besides this gives rise to so many more script opportunities. The twist about Bethany being the 'kidnapper' was well played. I really think Sipes only did the one kidnapping (Bethany) to get the money for starting up his business.

pisceandreams

[8]May 20, 2009
    • level: 40

This was a great episode on all fronts. The mystery kept me guessing until things were revealed, the storyline with Joe possibly working/living in San Diego is good and could prove to be very interesting for the family dynamic, and Anjelica as Cynthia Keener was EXCELLENT! I hope she appears in more episodes in season six.

Easily my favorite episode of the season!

grah1956

[9]May 21, 2009
    • level: 2

hiya all,

i am only watching epiosde 11 at the moment so i am a bit behind, but this joe storyline does worry me some,because we all have become so happy to see a tv marriage that is good and works.Can it be that Jake Weber wants out or is it just another story where a husband has to work away sometimes. I hope the writers do not go down the soap opera road,or do a ghost whisperer. fingers crossed for the story to be as we all love. Alison and Joe stay together.

Edited on 05/21/2009 12:50am

Vesper-Lynd

[10]May 23, 2009
    • level: 18
    I find it weird that Allison and Devalos managed NOT to see the bite mark on his hand during the many times that they've spoken to him. Did they address this and I missed it?

Anyone else love it when Joe's new boss showed up and caught the ball? I don't know why, but when the new boss is that cool, it's just seriously awesome.

grah1956

[11]May 24, 2009
    hiya, yeah, your right,the bite mark wasn't spotted at all well, at least i didn't see it addressed or explained. Perhaps that wound was some how masked by the guy,god knows how though,lol oh well, still a great show. To be honest i only came across Medium while i was on the Ghost whisperer forum,that was my fav show,(still is a fav show)but the road it took became a little too Strange. So here i am a huge fan of medium. Anyway people i can't wait for the next season of Medium.
    Edited on 05/25/2009 11:03pm

agent_0042

[12]May 24, 2009
    Vesper-Lynd wrote:
    Anyone else love it when Joe's new boss showed up and caught the ball? I don't know why, but when the new boss is that cool, it's just seriously awesome.

Right on! I hope that this new boss actually is a good guy and they aren't planning to pull some other stupid twist. The Dubois family doesn't need anymore of that and I think we, as viewers, have already had our fill of that.

jryanj27

[14]May 30, 2009
    Yeah, another work related drama would be bad. I think the worst has been the Lydecker one. I thought this episode was a good one.

BiniBeans

[15]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 21
    Doesn't anybody else here think that Allison always seems to expect her husband to understand the inner workings of her mind, respect her feelings and be supportive but she hardly ever seems to be supportive in more than a few words here and there to him and hardly ever in action and not when it really counts? Not that that isn't an interesting role reversal but does get old even so.
    Edited on 06/06/2009 8:50am

Lady_Lancaster

[16]Jul 7, 2009
    • level: 41

I thought this episode was fantastic, definitely one of the best I have seen in a long time! It was terrific to see such a talented actress as Anjelica Huston back again and very interesting to see Rumer Willis (daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis) playing Bethany. I thought she did a really good job, I haven't actually seen her acting in anything before but she did well and her physical resembelance to her mother was quite astounding.

I hope that Joe's new boss is a good guy too, because I wasn't a big fan of the previous one. Certainly not looking good with regard to Joe moving part-time to California, that wouldn't make Allison's life very easy as Joe does so much already for the kids and she'd have to do nearly everything as well as her job etc. Oh well, we'll have to wait and see!

Terrific episode!