Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x18 "The Talented Ms. B."

agent_0042

[1]May 25, 2009
    • level: 66
    Regarding the thread title-- TV.com's censor filter is moronic and won't allow "Ms. Boddicker" in a thread title.

Allison meets Ms. Boddicker, a bank-teller who claims to experience psychic dreams just like Allison.

So tonight, I tuned in at ten and I hear them saying "this is 2 News at 10" and I'm like "what?!" About five seconds later, Medium came on. Turns out they briefly accidentally aired the feed of the local CW affiliate, which they own.

The scenes involving Scanlon and his girlfriend Lynn were very powerful. And especially the scene with his father. So that's why we was so worried. I think Scanlon will be a great father.

The family stuff-- some have worried that Joe's new job is going to create more tension, but I say what doesn't kill them makes them stronger. Joe is only gone for a couple of days-- sometimes life has hardships, they can deal with it. And Bridgette-- ooh, Bridgette. I don't know exactly what kind of trouble she got into, but I hope she was at least grounded. Anyways, that sort of thing could have happened regardless of Joe taking this away job. That's not to blame for it, that's just her being an impulsive kid.

Ms. Boddicker-- what a quirky character. It would be fun to see her again. This was a good episode. Seeing a new Medium after every other show's finales have already aired felt like a bit of a treat. But what was this bit during the end with NBC plugging the "Medium finale"? Are they just hoping people won't be able to figure out that the show is moving to CBS? Sorry, NBC. Tisn't gonna work.
    Edited on 05/25/2009 8:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[3]May 26, 2009
    • level: 84
    I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. I couldn't help but be suspicious of Mrs. B from the start - couldn't decide if she was part of the robbery or what - instead there were some really nice twists. Loved the ending - needed a nice upbeat dream for once. Bridgette really has been pushing the envelope lately but maybe this car mishap will settle her down a bit - I'll bet she was grounded. I thought Scanlon was going to ruin his relationship with Lynn until that scene with his father - so glad he's reconciled with himself that he's not going to be like his dad. Now maybe he can just enjoy the experience. Such a good episode - can't wait for next week and then this fall!

agent_0042

[4]May 26, 2009
    • level: 66
    sramv9 wrote:
    Allyce Beasley as Mrs. Boddicker was really good.

I knew I'd seen her before-- she was one of the God characters on Joan of Arcadia.

sramv9 wrote:
    Friday nights next fall are going to be great for tv!

Friday night is going to be my most busy night and it's going to be all CBS. In fact, CBS will be dominating my TV schedule so much it's not even funny.

TesserT wrote:
    I thought Scanlon was going to ruin his relationship with Lynn until that scene with his father - so glad he's reconciled with himself that he's not going to be like his dad. Now maybe he can just enjoy the experience.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop. And to seeing baby Lee.

Kleinke

[5]May 26, 2009
    • level: 12
    What I don't get about this episode: again, there is somebody getting away with a crime they should get punished for. Ok, so it's not murder that Ms. Boddicker committed, but what's up with that whole justice thing in Medium lately? We had a few murderers being more or less "protected" by Allison, walking away with no trial. And still Ms. Boddicker is working at the bank she stole from. Yeah, I know it's TV :-) and that they have their own rules, but with Allison always so keen on justice and fairness, it bothers me that there's another case of criminal behavior going unpunished.

marvelfan89

[6]May 27, 2009
    • level: 39

Kleinke wrote:
    What I don't get about this episode: again, there is somebody getting away with a crime they should get punished for. Ok, so it's not murder that Ms. Boddicker committed, but what's up with that whole justice thing in Medium lately? We had a few murderers being more or less "protected" by Allison, walking away with no trial. And still Ms. Boddicker is working at the bank she stole from. Yeah, I know it's TV :-) and that they have their own rules, but with Allison always so keen on justice and fairness, it bothers me that there's another case of criminal behavior going unpunished.

Totally ridiculous ending. It's clear with Beasley's character that they were going for a "cute" ending, but I am glad someone else pointed it out. Allison is a bit of hypocrite at times...and this isn't a new thing either...I still love her and the show. Anyways, ask for the episode itself I found itto be very routine, no surprises, nothing big happen aside from the accident the girls had-pure filler in other words, entertaining filler nonetheless.

Edited on 05/27/2009 8:24pm
    Edited 3 total times.

saraint

[7]May 29, 2009
    • level: 6
    I don't think it will affect their relationship at all; will be nice for Joe to have a break from it really. I think it's good for Allison to not have Joe to rely on all the time. Although it looks like she intends to transfer all the jobs he does for her to Ariel.
    I can't believe that they let Ariel drive her sisters to school though. I know it's only a TV show, but I wouldn't give her such a responsibility - I couldn't do that with my kids - imagine they had a crash - she could lose all 3.
    Sorry to be so pessimistic!

haldrey

[8]May 30, 2009
    • level: 22
    One thing is for sure now, Joe is at least sleeping some nights without Allison disturbing his sleep every time. As to Ms Boddicker she did deserved some kind of light punishment and going out with that guy might be punishment enough.