Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x19 "Bring Me the Head of Oswaldo Castillo"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 54
    So glad this isn't the series finale! Let's hope it's good though still...I hate lame finales!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 66
    Allison dreams of losing her entire family. Apparently she has to make some sort of choice which may involve sacrificing some of her powers, at least temporarily. It'll be interesting to see how it ends.

Edward_Nigma

[3]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 54
    Yeah, I want a cliffhanger, so there's a big draw to watch the premiere on CBS.

agent_0042

[4]Jun 1, 2009
    I bet 50:1 there is no mention whatsoever at the end of the program that it will be continued on another network. NBC does not want people to know that this program is hopping networks-- did you see how last week they billed this episode as simply "finale"?

Anyway, Entertainment Weekly sez... "Allison has a vision of her family being killed. Someone's suffering from post-traumatic dropped-by-NBC disorder. Cheer up! Your family may be dead, but you'll be on CBS next season!"

jra3209

[5]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 15
    I'm really loving the finale so far, its good and I like the dreams she's been having. Can't wait for Season 6 on CBS!

accircuit

[6]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 7
    Haven't finishing watching the whole episode and I already know that it is going to be another cliffhanger. I am going mad before I reach the next season. hahahaha.

tvismyescape22

[7]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    Awesome episode. Of course Allison will live but will she have her gift? and I guess the end part with the scenes of her waking up was a way of saying goodbye to NBC. I can't wait until next season!

accircuit

[8]Jun 1, 2009
    next season is January 2010, right? Well, at least I should be glad that it is moving to CBS... otherwise...

TesserT

[9]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 78
    Fantastic season finale! what a cliff hanger!!! would have hated it if this was the show's final ep. Powerful scenes tonight. I actually was suspicious of the FBI man from the start.

For anyone interested the song tonight was Soulmate by Natasha Bedingfield. (the link takes you to her video of the song)

agent_0042

[10]Jun 1, 2009
    accircuit wrote:
    next season is January 2010, right?

As far as we know, wrong. CBS has apparently picked up the show for full and will apparently be airing a full season instead of this shortened stuff we usually get.

(No comments on the finale-- haven't watched it yet. Other stuff to take care of. Recording waiting for me, calling to me...)

accircuit

[11]Jun 1, 2009
    agent_0042 wrote:
    accircuit wrote:
    next season is January 2010, right?

As far as we know, wrong. CBS has apparently picked up the show for full and will apparently be airing a full season instead of this shortened stuff we usually get.

(No comments on the finale-- haven't watched it yet. Other stuff to take care of. Recording waiting for me, calling to me...)

Cool. thanks for the info. at least not as long a wait as I thought... good.

grah1956

[12]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 2

A Great episode , once again the acting was top notch stuff. The final episode of this season is sure to be a fantastic one.

Graham

chelanza

[13]Jun 2, 2009
    after seeing the finale I only have 4 words to say... THANK GOD FOR CBS!!!

pisceandreams

[14]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 40

chelanza wrote:
    after seeing the finale I only have 4 words to say... THANK GOD FOR CBS!!!
    No kidding, I would be spitting fire if this was the last episode of the entire series!

What an excellent episode-- clearly the most powerful season finale episode to date, and one of the best episodes of the series, IMO. The dream sequences were unique and engaging. Patricia and Jake were both at the top of their game in this one.

Can't wait to tune in this FALL (not WINTER!) for season 6.

Thank you again, CBS!

haldrey

[15]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode, all the way. A cliffhanger that will be continued, in another station, but continued (even though I hate CBS for cutting Without A Trace and The Unit).

agent_0042

[16]Jun 2, 2009
    Allison was definitely a hero. Good twists, great acting, fun episode to watch. They said that with what happened with the surgery, they were able to remove most of the tumor, but there was a part that remained stuck. Maybe that will be what allows her to keep her powers.

haldrey wrote:
    even though I hate CBS for cutting Without a Trace and The Unit

The Unit, I don't watch. Without a Trace, yeah, I am going to miss it somewhat, though I find it interesting that not a single person has responded to my thread here on TV.com with ideas about saving the show.

In any case, Medium's save has more than made up for it. I will be picking up The Mentalist to watch and also Ghost Whisperer if I decide I like it enough.

WafflesDominate

[17]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 3
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    So glad this isn't the series finale! Let's hope it's good though still...I hate lame finales!

Naw... even though it was in cursive writing, I mistook series for season I was given hope of another episode XD

This episode was great though :O I just felt so bad for Joe! Though it did feel sorta weird that they used her fainting and falling into a coma again At least it was a different reason

Could anyone explain the NBC/CBS situation for me? I'm not really in the loop on those things, so I'm sorta confused; was Medium gonna be cancelled until CBS bought it? :S Too many good shows are cancelled/not given enough attention... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Psych...

Wow, long post, sorry ^^"

SurinX

[18]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 1

Few minutes ago, I've ended the season finale, and I'm totally shocked... It's hard to believe that's the way to end the season. I don't take this plot for real, it's too heavy for me. In all of the seasons, we were sure of safety of J&A family, and now - punch in the face. For me - too abstract ending, I don't buy it... And the moment, when Joe was told about the stroke - just heartbreaking...

I'm speachless, maybe tommorow I'll write some new thoughts.

Best wishes from Poland, guys!

SurinX

[19]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 1
    Gush I hate these tear-droping endings, first Californication, then Lost, now - Medium. Too much for me !

agent_0042

[20]Jun 2, 2009
    WafflesDominate wrote:
    Could anyone explain the NBC/CBS situation for me? I'm not really in the loop on those things, so I'm sorta confused; was Medium gonna be cancelled until CBS bought it? :S Too many good shows are cancelled/not given enough attention... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Psych...

Wow, long post, sorry ^^"

Here's how it worked. NBC canceled Medium, somewhat unexpectedly, but apparently due to money issues and not to ratings. CBS, which has always been the production company bringing us the show, picked up the program for fall 2009 the very next day. Medium will be returning. It will be on starting in September, between Ghost Whisperer and Numb3rs.