Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x19 "Bring Me the Head of Oswaldo Castillo"

Edward_Nigma

[22]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 54
    Mannn what a great finale. I was scared that this would be "just another end-of-the-world for Allison thing" but naw, this was great. Lots of drama, and lots of great scenes. I also agree -- Allison was a hero there. What a cliffhanger though, I can't wait to see what happens!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[23]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 66
    sramv9 wrote:
    i had no idea that cbs would make a show for nbc. i still hope going to cbs is a bit if a shakeup. much as i like the show it could use some shaking up.

It always was an odd arrangement. And I think it has to do in part with the fact that CBS and Paramount are all tied together now and I'm not sure if they were when this show first started.

tvspaz626

[24]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 18
    sramv9 wrote:

i had no idea that cbs would make a show for nbc. i still hope going to cbs is a bit if a shakeup. much as i like the show it could use some shaking up.

the networks (abc/cbs/nbc/fox) are slightly different from the companies that make the show. so, for example, House is owned by NBC-Universal but it airs on Fox. Scrubs was produced by ABC studios and aired on NBC. when NBC cancelled it, ABC picked it up.

so CBS Studios made the show Medium and probably pitched it to different stations. NBC probably gave it the best deal. And since NBC cancelled it, CBS picked it up.

my guess is that its cheaper to air shows from your own studio/production company but i'm not in the business so i have no clue. hahah

anyway, i loved the finale. sometimes i think the acting can seemed forced but i really think everyone did a great job.

SurinX

[25]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 1

Ok, I know the NBC situation now, but I still got that strange feeling, that the ending of season 5, was a way to close Medium plot, once for all. Think about it - if CBS didn't pick up the show, then what? Alison in a vegetable - coma? Nice way of showing fans, how they care about us. Sorry for this boring post - I'm still irritated!

Even in Californication ending (death of Lew Ashby)- they left a loophole for next season.....

Pitchounne

[28]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 6

chelanza wrote:
    after seeing the finale I only have 4 words to say... THANK GOD FOR CBS!!!

Tell me about it! What a heartbreaking episode! I was so scared they would kill Joe. I'm so glad they didn't go down that road. But despite the few inconsistencies with prior episodes (she was in the hospital three episodes ago, the doctor ran all possible tests, and they wouldn't have missed such a tumor) It was interesting, a bit obvious that the FBI agent was linked to the murderer - he was the only one connected to the case - the fact that each time she went to sleep she dreamt. But I guess the final twist they wanted to go for, which I think worked very well was that through the episode we believed Joe and the kids' lives were in danger, and in the end, Allison is the one in the hospital in a coma. That last scene when the doctor annouced Allison's condition to Joe, WOW!

The montage of Allison from all prior seasons waking up from her dreams had me worried that they'd stop the episode with her actual death.

They have several options for new season, have her talk to her kids in dreams or have her recovering partially and trying to remember who she is, what her life is (if they feel like exposition is needed for potential new viewers from CBS) just hope they won't go down the she'd dead and in the very last second it was just a dream, she's not!

Thankfully, we won't have to wait until Januray 2010 this time.

I can't wait.

SurinX

[29]Jun 3, 2009

Right now - I've got the trauma mode - on. You know, listening to Natasha Bedingfield's Soulmate (over and over again), checking any posts and comments in the web about the ending... My doctor had told me today, that's the only remedy for deeply - confused - medium fan Really, If I only had any idea where the script writers of "...Oswaldo Castillo" are living. I could kidnap their family and force them to change the plot ....

duh...!

Edited on 06/03/2009 11:49am

JudiLM

[30]Jun 3, 2009
    I was a little ticked off with NBC for killing off the show because it was advertised as Season/Series Finale. I watched it and when it got to the end with no real conclussion then pops up with "TO BE CONTINUED" really ticked me off. What a scam to get people to watch. The show is good and interesting. The only problem I ever saw was NBC inability to makeup their mind on what day and time..... When they were bouncing it around on different days and times, I believe is when they lost some of their viewers. With NBC's latest stunt however..........

SurinX

[31]Jun 3, 2009

Really, policy of TV in USA is so twisted, thrilling and professional In Poland for example, if there's any money crisis/etc. tv broadcasting changes, project is going to trash permanently, we cannot even wish to continue it. (veeeeery poor country Poland indeed is!) Gush, what I'm talking about, our television is retarded, comparing to U.S...

jryanj27

[32]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    Yay! Ghost Whisperer then Medium! Quality goes up as the night grows later! :p

this episode was great, did anyone else get creeped out when she took off the wig and was bald? I hope in the next season they don't take half of it with her in the coma and she finally wakes up, then it's lame until the end of the seasons. Or a Jim thing...

michaelhanergod

[33]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 7
    I hated the ending, If she looses her gift MEDIUM is DEAD plain and simple!

agent_0042

[34]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 66
    JudiLM wrote:
    I was a little ticked off with NBC for killing off the show because it was advertised as Season/Series Finale. I watched it and when it got to the end with no real conclussion then pops up with "TO BE CONTINUED" really ticked me off. What a scam to get people to watch. The show is good and interesting. The only problem I ever saw was NBC inability to makeup their mind on what day and time..... When they were bouncing it around on different days and times, I believe is when they lost some of their viewers. With NBC's latest stunt however..........

You do realize that the show has been saved by CBS, right?

tasha2285

[35]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    Oh my GOD I just watched the Season Finale Season 5 Episode 19 and wow!! itwas amazing I just love this show and it makes it even better it based off a real person. I can't wait for more medium!!!!

55maria55

[36]Jun 7, 2009
    • level: 2
    when is the next or the continued episode? I gotta see what happens to Allison gotta see it.

SurinX

[37]Jun 8, 2009
    Read the posts... Not too many, only 36 ; ]
    Edited on 06/07/2009 11:25pm

Stitllams

[38]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 6

Not as many posts as I had thought there might be after such a good episode, guess there are a lot of Medium viewers who aren't tech savvy.

This episode has been put in the 'Lost' category for me, in other words its so good that I find myself watching scenes out of it multiple times, and that song sticks like snot to a blanket with this episode.

The absolute best part for me is the opening scene when she wakes up, the emotion on her face just after she gets back in the real world when she remembers the dream, I don't know what she had to think to get that emotion to such an intensity but she did an awesome job, well done Patricia Arquette.

shimmybinny

[39]Jun 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    This season finale was amazing. NBC must be super pissed they didn't renew it. It was an intense episode. Can't wait to see what happens when she wakes up.

JudiLM

[40]Jun 10, 2009

I didn't realize it until later because I thought the talk of CBS picking it up was just talk but just having read somewhere someone was already seeing promos for it on CBS during the award ceremony on Sunday

Thanks