Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 5x19 "Bring Me the Head of Oswaldo Castillo"

Joanne1225

[41]Jun 10, 2009
    • level: 1

Thank you, CBS, for picking up Medium - one of my absolute favorite TV shows!

I just finished watching the season finale, which I didn't know was the season finale. I saw the "to be continued" note at the end and went to my TIVO recordings and - *ulp* - no others were recorded. My husband told me he cancelled the "season pass" on TIVO because I had told him that the last show was the series finale. Of course, this prompted an argument because "how would I know which show would be the finale?" So, I went to the computer to try to find the last show online only to learn that "Bring Me the Head of Oswaldo Castillo" was the season finale and that CBS had picked up the show and it would be back in Fall 2009, hence the "continued" note. *phew*

Having said all that (be still my heart), I thought that this episode was Excellent! I think that the acting was superb, as always. I not only enjoy the storyline pertaining to Allison's dreams, but I also enjoy the family part of the storyline: the relationship between Joe and Allison; the kids, their dynamics, Ariel growing up; Joe's job/invention and where that's going; and I loved the appearances by Angelica Houston and Tracy Pollan. I was shocked and saddened at what I thought was the series finale, and yet it provided a very plausible end. But I'm THRILLED now that Allison will be back - however that will happen. I expect the caliber of the show to remain the same, which means that I don't anticipate ANY disappointment whatsoever.

HOORAY for CBS and the cast of Medium! Wooo Hoooo!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[42]Jun 11, 2009
    • level: 66
    You know, I had a thought that might be kinda silly, but I'll just post it anyway. These days, the "in" thing to do is to send networks bribes such as peanuts or who knows what to try to get them to save a show. How about starting something new and we send CBS something to thank them for saving this show?

Jass1emm

[43]Jun 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    Thank god they picked it back up. If they cancelled this show.... I have no words

neokid0298

[44]Jun 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    WafflesDominate wrote:
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    So glad this isn't the series finale! Let's hope it's good though still...I hate lame finales!

Naw... even though it was in cursive writing, I mistook series for season I was given hope of another episode XD

This episode was great though :O I just felt so bad for Joe! Though it did feel sorta weird that they used her fainting and falling into a coma again At least it was a different reason

Could anyone explain the NBC/CBS situation for me? I'm not really in the loop on those things, so I'm sorta confused; was Medium gonna be cancelled until CBS bought it? :S Too many good shows are cancelled/not given enough attention... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Psych...

Wow, long post, sorry ^^"

Psych wasn't cancelled.

Season 4 is this summer

neokid0298

[45]Jun 21, 2009
    neokid0298 wrote:
    WafflesDominate wrote:
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    So glad this isn't the series finale! Let's hope it's good though still...I hate lame finales!

Naw... even though it was in cursive writing, I mistook series for season I was given hope of another episode XD

This episode was great though :O I just felt so bad for Joe! Though it did feel sorta weird that they used her fainting and falling into a coma again At least it was a different reason

Could anyone explain the NBC/CBS situation for me? I'm not really in the loop on those things, so I'm sorta confused; was Medium gonna be cancelled until CBS bought it? :S Too many good shows are cancelled/not given enough attention... Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me, Psych...

Wow, long post, sorry ^^"

Psych wasn't cancelled.

Season 4 is this summer

Also, it isn't letting me edit my post, sorry for the double post.

Was the montage at the end everytime she woke up in the series? (or at least the opening wakeups)

MiscTV

[46]Jun 23, 2009
    to poster michaelhanergod, Even if Allison *temporarily* loses her psychic powers, do not forget that her daughters have budding psychic skills of their own , which could lend quite a lot to season 6 ! I'm confident the excellent writers have plenty of ideas to keep Medium as exciting as always, especially with all of the excellent actors they have on the show

Vesper-Lynd

[47]Jul 1, 2009
    • level: 18
    What was the bad guy doing to the cop at the beginning? It looks like he was torturing him with two cylinders... what are those things?

BMCBMCBMC1

[48]Jul 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    there was a wire between them and the wire was cutting into the cops skin

chelanza

[49]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    just over 2 months left! can't wait! though i'm worried cos the title Dejavu All Over Again sounds like this'll be a clipshow (hate those!)