Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x01 "Deja vu All Over Again"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 54

Wow, I can't believe it -- season 6 already!

Anyways...I just saw this and it was pretty good! So of course stop reading if you don't want to know what happens...I of course was glad Allison got her visions back, but I think it would have been neat if they came back a bit more slowly so we could have seen how she'd work as a paralegal. Also, Joe got a job (or interviews) too quickly too. Of course we've jumped ahead over 4 months, but still. Also, a bit of background would have been cool too -- just a few flashbacks of how life was with Allison in a coma. But it's good to see her back at work and back to her old ways. Overall a pretty good opening to the season.

Oh and the haircuts! I saw Patricia Arquette beforehand, as well as Sofia Vassilieva (it was a premiere event), and I was like, "Wow, they have short hair! Are they gonna wear wigs on the show?" But nope, no wigs! And now Joe is gonna get a haircut too, hah.

Let's hope this does well when it airs on CBS!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 66
    I didn't read too closely, but I liked what I read (except for the part about the old men- ew!) It's nice to hear that the show is as good as ever, and I really hope it turns out to be a good fit for CBS. I, of course, will be watching "live" when it premieres.
    Edited on 09/12/2009 5:39pm

19mariela64

[3]Sep 23, 2009
    • level: 4
    I hope the show does as great as it has done in the past. I can't wait Friday. I am so thrilled!

agent_0042

[4]Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I had a bit of annoyance this Monday because if the show were still in its old timeslot it would have been Medium time, but as it stands now, we still have to wait two more days.

chelanza

[5]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 7
    wow it's been hours and nothing on the message board... *gulp* i hope this doesn't bode badly for the ratings...

CharlesTheBold

[6]Sep 26, 2009

A strong episode in general. I like the way they gave Alison specific medical problems (paralysis of the right hand and leg) rather than a vague "oh, she's gradually getting better". And it fits the zeitgeist very well, with the husband having to contend with medical bills and unemployment.

I'm not sure about the frame-up subplot, though. Would an ordinary woman with no medical training really succeed in giving herself a belly wound that is serious enough to convince the police, yet does no damage to a crucial part of the body -- particularly when we see her crawling ON THE CUT BELLY leaving lots of blood behind? Why not just stab herself in the arm (as Edmund does in Shakespeare's KING LEAR)? And why, after jeapordizing her status by taking a lover, does she decide to frame him for the murder and two faked crimes?

puppybunny1

[8]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 13
    I am new to Medium, but it is cool that she has visions while awake.

pgsuperfan

[9]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 25
    I am glad it got canceled by NBC and has found a new home at CBS and glad that Allison is getting over the stroke and getting her dreams back and I knew that some how Joe would get a job offer.

haldrey

[10]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 22
    She is back! Not a beat was skipped. She looks a lot better in the new 'hospital' haircut. If her vision keep while awake it will be good for Joe, full night sleep, but then do not let her drive. Hate the new day, last night I had nine show that I wanted to watch and there are more to come. That's a lot of overtime to for the recorders. Why when Mondays and Tuesdays are almost empty.

sheric9

[11]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 1
    excellent beginning for season 6! I love Allison's new hair style. Does anyone know if there's a name for it? I wouldn't mind having something similar. lol

chelanza

[12]Sep 26, 2009
    sheric9 wrote:
    excellent beginning for season 6! I love Allison's new hair style. Does anyone know if there's a name for it? I wouldn't mind having something similar. lol

Yup it's called the "strut" (As in stroke haircut )

agent_0042

[13]Sep 26, 2009
    chelanza wrote:
    wow it's been hours and nothing on the message board... *gulp* i hope this doesn't bode badly for the ratings...

Heh. Well, I was going to post something, but I didn't want to double post. Anyway, it looks like the ratings are all right.

It was an enjoyable premiere-- the show was back in fine style. Nice to see Allison getting back on her feet. I was kinda disappointed that Joe had to leave his job, but I'm sure he'll get that "green" job he's after.

shimmybinny

[14]Sep 26, 2009
    • level: 10

I think it was a great episode! It is good that Patricia Arquette still has medical problems. I like the fact she was paralysed on her right side. I don't think it would be believable if she was up walking around, cooking and driving just fine.

I think this was a strong premiere episode and brought in great ratings.

Edited on 09/26/2009 10:04pm

agent_0042

[15]Sep 27, 2009
    I agree-- I like it when shows present their characters as being human. Too often something like that will happen and they'll show them going full bore right away-- it's more believable if they have to struggle. Numb3rs, which now immediately follows this program, showed that too, with Don Eppes struggling with the aftereffects of his stabbing.

marvelfan89

[16]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 39

I love the moments where Allison talks down to the murderer after the murderer is still pretending that he or she did nothing wrong.I never get tired of those moments where the dead person talks to Allison. LMAO at Joe's talk with the kids. "What if you run out of ideas", "but I won't".

Edited on 09/27/2009 10:49pm

neokid0298

[17]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 8
    haldrey wrote:
    She is back! Not a beat was skipped. She looks a lot better in the new 'hospital' haircut. If her vision keep while awake it will be good for Joe, full night sleep, but then do not let her drive. Hate the new day, last night I had nine show that I wanted to watch and there are more to come. That's a lot of overtime to for the recorders. Why when Mondays and Tuesdays are almost empty.

It seemed like her day visions were instant flashes.

Especially the one she had in the conversation with Joe.

Great episode.

MetaLuna

[18]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 5
    Easily the best part was Joe nervously repeating "...but I won't." Tough crowd, man!

tjaman

[19]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 32
    Thoroughly enjoyed the premiere. It's so good to have them all back.