Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x03 "Pain Killer"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 54

I get a bad vibe on this one...hopefully it's better than I'm thinking it'll be.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

netgoddess

[2]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 10
    Well unfortunately in this episode the bad guys got away.

I really dislike sociopaths like the doctor guy. I've had too many run-ins with those who think that they are more important than everyone else and follow Machiavellian tactics.

I guess the point of this episode was "the ends don't always justify the means".

I thought it was funny though how Bridgette chose to write the "reality TV" scripts

CherylHutton

[3]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 1
    What is the artist and name of the song they played in the "pain Killer" episode something like Soul Sister. I really wish they would post the songs on credits like Grey's does!

pgsuperfan

[4]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 25
    Was interesting how that little guy stole the job anyway from Joe. But we know that Joe will find a job soon, and i hope I do too lol

agent_0042

[6]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 66
    CherylHutton wrote:
    What is the artist and name of the song they played in the "pain Killer" episode something like Soul Sister. I really wish they would post the songs on credits like Grey's does!

Google is an amazing resource-- generally when you want information on something like this, all you have to is search on a bit of the lyrics and you can find the info on the song. It's "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train.

I agree, the doctor plot was kind of weak, but Allison is always fun to watch. Another one where the bad guy gets away-- it'll be interesting to see if this plotline is continued in a future episode. The stuff with Joe and Bridgette was great!

TesserT

[7]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 81
    Bridgette's reality TV dreams were my favorite this time. The whole conversation at breakfast about reality series being real or staged was priceless. Then to have Brigette dream about Joe's job interviews & his competition made for some fun, especially when he figured out he was a character in her reality script. The doctor story was ok but not riveting. And I knew the admin guy was toast when Devalos gave him the night to think it over. I hate when the bad guy gets away but then I guess that was this episode's take on reality.

michaelhanergod

[8]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 7
    they must revisit this story so they can catch this sick sociopath. Or will they never get him

haldrey

[9]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 22
    Another fish that got away. Not the first one in Medium. I found the whole episode quite interesting and good. They should catch them in a future episode for closure but usually they don't.

Edward_Nigma

[10]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 54
    agent_0042 wrote:
    CherylHutton wrote:

Google is an amazing resource-- generally when you want information on something like this, all you have to is search on a bit of the lyrics and you can find the info on the song. It's "Hey, Soul Sister" by Train.

I agree, the doctor plot was kind of weak, but Allison is always fun to watch. Another one where the bad guy gets away-- it'll be interesting to see if this plotline is continued in a future episode. The stuff with Joe and Bridgette was great!

Hey, or the guide! I so posted that song as a note lol.

Yes, they really should continue some plotlines into other episodes when the bad guy gets away! It's more fun that way! This episode was okay, and Oded Fehr is a good actor, so it was better than it could have been. I loved when Joe told that guy his wife is cheating on him -- hah!

agent_0042

[11]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 66
    Sorry, Edward, I didn't realize that you had posted it.

I liked Allison's friend. It would be worth continuing the plotline just to see her again.

netgoddess

[12]Oct 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    agent_0042 wrote:
    I liked Allison's friend. It would be worth continuing the plotline just to see her again.
    I suppose Allison's dead friend could show up talking too her so they could figure out a way to catch the sociopath doc red handed.