Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x05 "Baby Fever"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 54

Wow -- the show made it to it's 100th episode! Too bad it was hardly promoted though...and it looks like just any old normal episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

althalus69

[2]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 11
    100th episode?

Wow, this time it was really annoying. All that baby crap was grating on my nerves.

honorableninja

[3]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    while i like this episode i hate it being the episode 100 that honor should have been saved for next week first ever halloween theme episode next week although i am liking the last two girls showing thier gift bridget with her writing and now the youngest and the clanerit

Edward_Nigma

[4]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 54
    Ugh...yeah, this did not live up to any special expectations. It was more funny than anything else. Half the time I was laughing because Allison was acting so psycho! And come on, she got a little too close to going to jail there, they can't keep doing stuff like this...it's a bit too unrealistic. Phoenix is already supposed to look past the fact that she reads minds...but now it's okay for her to kidnap babies and mace moms?

agent_0042

[5]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 66
    Dramatically, it might have been at least marginally more interesting if she had done that earlier in the episode. Given how late it came, it was pretty easy to see the basic idea of where it was going.

TesserT

[6]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 78
    Didn't realize it was the 100th episode. Just an ok episode for me. The baby crying got annoying fast but at least there were a few twists and turns. Allison was a little too psycho even for Allison. And, as EN said, her antics were a bit too unrealistic. The best story was the one with Marie & Bridgette.

CharlesTheBold

[7]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm a fairly new viewer of Medium (started last season) and this episode really put me off. I understand that the victim foregave Allison at the end for the assault and kidnapping, but how can Allison keep her job at the DA's when she takes the law into her own hands? I thought one of the basic ideas of the show is that Allison CAN'T just act on her visions and has to find objective evidence of the crimes she sees.

Stitllams

[8]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    If we are to talk about unrealistic, shouldn't we really talk about how absurd it is to think that Allison would really be taken so seriously, and be so right so often, if that was the case there would be a bundle of scientific proof (no matter how barmy it sounded) that there was something to psychics.

CharlesTheBold

[9]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    I don't believe in psychics; I consider this a fantasy show like BUFFY. But even if you allow the hocus-pocus, the legalities and character motivations have to make sense. The DA can't prosecute or even arrest people on what Allison says; he can only use it as a lead to get real evidence He can't even admit he's employing her as a psychic (isn't she officially a paralegal?). And he certainly can't let her use visions as an excuse to break the law he enforces.