Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x08 "Once In A Lifetime"

netgoddess

[1]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 10

I thought this was a pretty good episode. The whole thing with Bridgette posting videos of her clumsy neighbor to YouTube was pretty funny.

The main plot was interesting. The only thig that bugged me is that it started out going with a reincarnation theme, and ended up with Caleb's father telling him his life's history while he was one year old. As someone who believes in reincarnation I was disappointed that they watered the theme down like that.

Doesn't it seem like Arial just has the worst luck with her friends? It would be nice to see her meet someone who didn't have issues that mom was picking up on.

I'm glad this season it seems they've finally gotten away from Allison rolling over Joe to get the phone, and instead she has her cell on her side of the bed for late-night calls.

Edited on 11/15/2009 2:57pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[2]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 25
    Liked the u tube of the neighbor and the dream that Allison hadabout her daughter being pregant

sramv9

[4]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    I liked this, but... I really encourage the writers to stop mushing the crime plots together with the family plots. ARial is possessed. Arial's boyfriend's mother killed someone. Alison is possessed. Joe's disgruntled ex-co-worker goes on a murderous rampage. Alison is possessed again. Ariel is possessed again. Alison kidnaps a baby. etc. etc. etc. there are too many like this. it should be the exception - not the rule. In this instance, the plot about Kyle and his mom and dad could easily have been done without him being Arial's bf - having it embedded didn't IMO add anything, but it did subtract due to the overuse of this device by the show.

I like the domestic subplots to be standalone subplots. e.g., like the bridgette youtube thing. that was great. so other than the repetitiveness of the crime stuff being implausibly recurrently attached directly in the day to day lives of these family members.... I liked the ep.

puppybunny1

[5]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 13
    Allison's dreams retrocognitive. and precognitive. Very interesting episode!

Edward_Nigma

[6]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 54
    Whoops, sorry I completely forgot to put this up...I agree with netgoddess that the ending was pretty lame, where the kid was just brainwashed by his dead father instead of having his actual memories or being possessed by him or whatever. The rest was pretty good though...not amazing, but solid.

sramv9

[7]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 22
    it's funny because i actually liked that it turned out not to be reincarnation but instead what that the dad had instilled all those memories. I liked how that also showed us more of who the dad was. especially after the especially horrific way he got killed, it was nice to have him more humanized, and for the terrible burden lifted (assuming alison woudl somehow tell him) for Kyle - i mean really, who wants to be a reincarnation of a murdered petty thief? and, it made no sense that he would be a reincarnation of someone who died the same day of his birth.
    Edited on 11/15/2009 3:41pm

marvelfan89

[8]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 39
    Can't believe Bridgette turned into Ashton Kutcher. Episode was pretty good, they also find a way to jinx the personal lives of the characters in the show.

genadoll

[9]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 2
    Yes, i like the episode. I laughed when Allison dreamed Ariel was preggers.....Ariel has become so luminious, so glowingly beautiful....she has blossomed like a flower. They are a wonderful family....Another of my favorites.