Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x10 "You Give Me Fever"

TesserT

[1]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 75
    If you live in Central FL tonight's episode of Medium won't be shown until 2am Sat morn. In the 9pmET time slot, local CBS is airing FL Gators: Chasing the Championship - preview to Sat's BCS bowl game (FL vs Alabama).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pgsuperfan

[3]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 25
    Could it be that the reason she was happy was due to the fact that she knew that her family and everyone was else was ok and that they did not get the disease as you saw in an earlier dream.

chelanza

[4]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 7
    sramv9 wrote:
    I found it disturbing how Allison was so happy after dream-witnessing the death of the killer at the end.

I found a disturbing pattern... this whole season seems to have changed her and she's becoming more vindictive. Last episode, Future So Bright, she was happy to see the corrupt detective would die... could her stroke be what's causing her change of mood/morals?

TesserT

[5]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 75
    pgsuperfan wrote:
    Could it be that the reason she was happy was due to the fact that she knew that her family and everyone was else was ok and that they did not get the disease as you saw in an earlier dream.
    I agree. There was nothing she could do to use the law against the corporate bad guy but to know that "he got his due" and would be out of the picture probably made Allison feel safer.

Edward_Nigma

[6]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 54
    I also think she's trying to confront the killers too much on her own lately -- what's to say they won't kill her too! I mean I know the cops can't always help...but she usually has more dreams later that provide further evidence.

netgoddess

[7]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 10
    I thought this was a decent episode.

I had a strong hunch that the scientist who was trying to convince people to manufacture the cure was the bad guy. The show has been getting predictable where Allison warms up to the bad guy and then later has dreams that villainize them.

I was a bit surprised that the guy who died was apparently in a relationship with the guy who was trying to con the government into mass producing the cure.

I enjoyed the interactions between Lee and Lynn. I thought it was funny that Lynn had picked out a ring thinking that Lee hadn't done so.

The Hazmat team was straight out of ET which was a bit creepy.

I do agree with other posters about Allison getting too bold with the bad guys. If someone is willing to kill to enhance their bottom line what makes her think that they wouldn't take her out to cover their tracks?

agent_0042

[8]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 66
    I didn't even think about that, but I completely agree. Allison isn't invincible-- it isn't a good idea for her to go confronting people like that, just to get a rise out of them. That's just dumb and it serves no practical purpose.

Kleinke

[9]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    We had this before, in previous seasons: some bad guy dies (or has to die), and Allison is really happy about it. And while she could have done something about it (given how much she is into saving lives normally), she just smiles and walks away.

It is annoying, it is slightly out of character, and I don't like it. Just as much as I don't like the new vindictive Allison, glad you noticed that as well. What was up with her obsessive hatred against that boyfriend of Ariel's a few ep's ago? Even before she knew what his true story was, she got all Nazi parent on Ariel. Jeez.
    Edited on 12/12/2009 4:03am