Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x14 "Will the Real Fred Rovick Please Stand Up?"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Feb 4, 2010
    • level: 54
    Slim Shady should make a guest appearance in this, it only seems fitting...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    Great one! one of the best of the season. Hey, what was bikini boy doing here?

pgsuperfan

[3]Feb 6, 2010
    • level: 25
    I agree with you one of the best so far, too bad NBC canceled it lol another NBC blooper lol

agent_0042

[4]Feb 7, 2010
    • level: 66
    Yeah, I had a lot of fun with it too. Very entertaining overall and good storyline. And I thought both plots were strong-- Allison's and the one with Ariel and the dead guy in the beaver suit.

netgoddess

[5]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    I thought the beaver guy was creepy. Kinda reminded me of South Park's "sexual harassment panda"

agent_0042

[6]Feb 9, 2010
    Well, he was creepy. That was sort of the point, I guess. He was an obsessed, dead stalker-type who was totally trying to get back at this woman by manipulating her child.

I thought the whole thing of being stuck with the clothes you were wearing when you died as a ghost was interesting. It might be fun for them to explore that some more in a future episode.

tv_Rescue911

[7]Feb 13, 2010
    • level: 50
    What I liked about this episode is that it kept me guessing until the answers were revealed, on both Allison and Ariel's storylines. It seems like a lot of the episodes follow the formula where Allison initially identifies a suspicious person, rules the person out as a suspect, but then finds out that the person was guilty all along. Don't get me wrong, the show offers a lot more than just mysteries, but it's nice to get a less predictable solution every now and then.

Jack146

[8]Feb 20, 2010
    • level: 11

Just a couple of quick comments on Medium and this episode. One writer mentioned the show has been cancelled and I hope that is not true. This was only the second season that Medium was part of the opening September line-up but it always returned when the usual NBC new shows flopped big time.

1 - I am wondering if Diedrich Bader broke any records for most parts played in a single production.

2 - I had Tivoed the last six episodes of Medium and watched them all in the past two days. Four of them all had the same type ending which I don't think was used before on Medium. All the bad guys had initially gotten away with their crimes until Allison has a final dream in which they all were beaten by twists of fate.

You Give Me Fever - Evil Doctor steroids his own immunity system into oblivion and dies from ordinary flu.

An Everlasting Love - Reunited after death, the murderous lovers end up despising each other where ever they are spending eternity.

Dear Dad... - Devalos daughter and rape victim reaches out from the grave and arranges for mobsters to kill her rapist.

Will the Real Fred Rovick Please Stand Up? - Mallory Kessinger beats her murder trial and is living the good life until not so bad guy Rovick takes all her money and returns the money he stole to bribe the juror...with interest.

Edward_Nigma

[9]Feb 21, 2010
    • level: 54
    I just watched this now, and also noticed that there definitely are a lot of recurring episodes where the bad guys get away, but then something bad happens to them anyways. Which is cool sometimes...but what about plain old arresting them? Sure that happens a lot too...but it's what's supposed to happen. It'd be like if on CSI the team stopped solving like half the crimes.

But beyond neither suspect getting caught here...it was a pretty good episode. I liked the beaver storyline the most. Ariel had some great lines there.

agent_0042

[10]Feb 24, 2010
    Jack, I'm guessing maybe you're in a non-U.S. market? Medium isn't on NBC anymore, it's on CBS. The show actually was canceled by NBC, but then it was picked up the next day by CBS.

JoshSutton

[11]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 15
    I really liked this episode, is it me or are the Medium teasers getting really dark? The beaver guy was so creepy the first time ariel saw him. I thought everyone looking like this guy was hilarious, he did a great detective scanlon lol.