Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 6x16 "Allison Rolen Got Married"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 54

Big question of the episode -- can they make Patricia and Jake look 18 years younger?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pacu54

[2]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 1

I think they did a great job both Joe and Allison looked the part! This was a really good episode...just keeps getting better.

haldrey

[3]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 22
    Allison did look younger, Joe not so much, but really who cares. The episode was awesome and different.

pgsuperfan

[4]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 25

I really liked this one alot, I liked how they turned the clock back and showed us when they were first married and Joe's dad when he was still alive now I wish they would do another one showing us how Joe and Allison first met. That would be cool

Extispex

[5]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 14

I have to agree with pacu54 on this, they both looked younger to me, especially Allison.

pgsuperfan wrote:

... I wish they would do another one showing us how Joe and Allison first met. That would be cool

You know, I think they already did that.

I'm pretty sure there was an episode where they met by chance at a science fair (or something similar).

Edited on 03/13/2010 11:53pm

AlexJohn1

[6]Mar 14, 2010

Good episode. However, on the pilot episode Al tells Capt. Push that Joe didn't know about her visions until three years after the marriage. I don't care about continuity anyway, this show rocks.

Susanne13

[7]Mar 15, 2010
    Yeah, they did look younger. But showing a marriage in SLO overlooking the ocean?.. puhleeze... SLO is 12 miles inland. Do these TV writers ever know the places they stick into scripts? And San Looey Obispo.... NOT. It's San Luis Obispo... just like it's spelled.

mediumfanatic

[8]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 4
    This was a beautiful episode. I love weddings and it was neat to see Joe and Allison's. Yes, there were several continuity errors, and several people have commented on the fact that there is no beach near San Luis Obispo (and even the pronunciation of the name, which I believe is correct either way), but overall it was a very well-written episode that revealed more of the backstory of Joe and Allison beautifully. And the makeup and effects crew did an amazing job of making them look so much younger. It was also fun seeing Joe's parents there, esp. his dad (alive for a change, lol!) and Allison's Grandma Benoit. Love her!

shimmybinny

[9]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 10

I enjoyed this episod a lot and I think it was done very well. I think a major rason why both Allison and Joe looked younger was because of hair extentions and make-up (on both of them).
    They didn't include Lucky or Joe's sister, Sarah, in the episode, I thought it would have been fun to include all family members.

Extispex wrote:

You know, I think they already did that.

I'm pretty sure there was an episode where they met by chance at a science fair (or something similar).

[/QUOTE]

That episode was called "The Boy Next Door" and Allison never got tosee Joe. They were both at the same convention, but never met.

Lady_Lancaster

[10]Mar 30, 2010
    • level: 41

I really enjoyed this episode, in spite of a few errors and things that the writers weren't too careful about, such as the location. All in all though, it was great to watch.

netgoddess

[11]Mar 31, 2010
    At first when Allison backed out I thought it would be an alternate time ala her being married to that stock broker and being a power lawyer, and that it would show that if she didn't get married then Ariel would have gotten raped and killed by the 2nd cousin. But I'm glad that it turned out to be an actual flashback instead of a dream.

It was awesome getting to see Joe's parents interact and I always have loved Joe's dad as a character. Allison's grandmother was pretty awesome too.

It is somewhat of a retcon due to the fact that until now it was never mentioned that her abilities had almost caused them to not marry. Surely what happened at the wedding would have been brought up in the conversations between Allison and Joe when the events of the pilot episode were playing out. But it was fine, I thought it added additional depth to their relationship and showed that Joe really was there for her no matter what, even when she almost left him at the alter.

The wedding was nice and I liked it. But if I was in attendance and they were my family I'd be skeptical about the marriage lasting if the bride got cold feet and the ceremony got postponed a day.

Still they did a great job with the makeup and it was a decent episode overall even if it did beat the dead horse of the pedo rapist/murderer theme for a second episode in a row.

Edward_Nigma

[12]Apr 5, 2010
    • level: 54
    I think I'm the only person who didn't like this episode lol...it was pretty boring. Also, if I was Joe I defintiely wouldn't marry Allison after her psycho episode there.

netgoddess

[13]Apr 24, 2010
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    ...if I was Joe I defintiely wouldn't marry Allison after her psycho episode there.
    Yeah if someone left me at the altar I'd be seriously reconsidering and at a minimum giving myself 3-6 mos to even consider it again (depending on the circumstances of course)

Lady_Lancaster

[14]Jun 6, 2010
    • level: 41
    Edward_Nigma wrote:
    I think I'm the only person who didn't like this episode lol...it was pretty boring. Also, if I was Joe I defintiely wouldn't marry Allison after her psycho episode there.

I have to agree with you on that one! *grin* I would have run a mile if someone behaved the way Allison did pre-wedding!