Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 7x04 "How to Kill a Good Guy"

Edward_Nigma

[1]Oct 14, 2010
    • level: 54

I wonder if this relates back to the "How to Kill a Bad Guy" episode...then I'd assume it'd continue the Scanlon storyline from last week's episode as well? Hmm...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

stui8

[2]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 30

awww.... Scanlon didn't die. i was hoping for it to happen and add more drama to the show.

wildhoney66

[3]Oct 15, 2010
    • level: 13

oh hell i'm thrilled he wasn't killed. to be quite honest, i tire of these shows killing off Major Characters. i mean when an actor or an actress

wants to leave a show ok that's their own decision. but i just get tired of damn near every show having to kill this or that character. it just seems like all shows do it. anyways i did love how the episode also featured the kids a lot. i was actually kinda half expecting Ariel to say something to her rents about seeing ole Grand dad. how about you?

go4gin

[6]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 1
    I turned this episode OFF. As soon as I saw how Dreamywood was portraying Sheriff Joe ( Arpaio)! I am fed up with them pushing their open border crap in a story line. THEY live in gated communities and have no idea how WE live and are affected by THEIR agenda!

TV shows are supposed to be entertaining NOT political. I used to love this show, but if they continue to shove open border propaganda down our throat they will be minus one viewer!

haldrey

[7]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 22
    Try not to see beyond the entertainment value of the show, most shows push current or political issues. Remember Boston Legal, and it a hell of a show.This episode was just fantastic, glad the Scanlon feud is over, I did not liked it. Ariel goodbye was very well played. Are we going to see less of her now?

TesserT

[8]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 74
    Other than the Yuma chain gang agenda this was such an intense episode. So interesting to see 2 dead people manipulate Allison's dreams. Am glad Scanlon lived - will be interesting to see how they build their relationship back up. I guess now that Lee has been to the other side he'll be understanding - also guess big brother won't be haunting his dreams anymore. Good storyline with Ariel seeing her grandfather.

agent_0042

[9]Oct 16, 2010
    • level: 66
    Yeah, the Arpaio thing was annoying, but as Tesser said, you learn to ignore it.

I recognized almost right away that Ariel misunderstood Grandpa's message. I also kinda thought maybe she'd mention the encounter to Allison, guess not, though.

And, yeah, I'm glad Scanlon is still around. And I'm hoping that this is the end of The Allison Problem -- specifically the one in which she's sanctimonious about the quality of her visions.

mange85

[10]Oct 17, 2010
    • level: 6

This was a very good episode, the best so far in this season 7.
    And i am glad they did not kill off Scanlon, that would have been a big lost to the show.
    And whe will see less of Ariel now when she now goes to collage.

I think overall the season 7 have started better than i thought, and i hopes i stands that way.. and maybe it will get renewed for season 8...

Season 7 seems to bee the best season so far.

Kollatera

[11]Oct 19, 2010
    • level: 7
    I'm not american, so I didn't care about the politcal agenda concerning the chain gang. Actually, I didn't know that still existed, but that is beside the point. For me, if Allison doesn't stop trusting her dreams 100% soon, I will stop watching. How many times have she been wrong now? A LOT!

mediumfan17

[13]Oct 20, 2010
    • level: 1

hey,want to start off thatI thought this episode was soo cool and I totally thought Lee was a goner.Anyway,was wondering see when Lee is confronting his brother he starts smiling and saying he noticed something he didnt know before.I couldnt helpbut wonder if he means that he knows Allison is the one who saved him,this being before she sees him after hes shot.

netgoddess

[15]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 10
    I don't mind them ripping on Joe Arpaio, that guy really annoys me.

I liked this episode and thought it was good. I knew right away that grandpa's message was about Bridget and not Marie. It was quite obvious that Bridget was upset about Ariel leaving and was using some kind of reverse psychology to justify a feeling of abandonment by her older sister. I thought it was cute when Ariel showed Marie how to video chat.

I figured that Mr. Bad was messing with Allison's dreams to pit her against Lee. That seemed obvious to me; I don't know why Allison was so stubborn in her beliefs of her dreams being so objective when there have been many dozens of times that her dreams have been very subjective. I'd expect this stubbornness from Season 1 but not from Season 7.

I hope that Lee now knows that his bro was messing with Allison's dreams and can forgive her for being an idiot. I liked the story about Lee's brother pulling the wool over Allison and I liked the story about the sheriff and the prostitute and how they set everything up for a double homicide. That was clever writing and an interesting story. I also liked Lee's smugness after he had a chance to absorb the afterlife for a few minutes, it was poetic justice that his brother's plan failed.

I hope Lee getting shot is enough of a wakeup call that him and Allison patch things up and understand each other's perspectives better.

I thought it was funny how Joe fell asleep when Allison was in mid conversation with him.

agent_0042

[16]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 66
    I have my issues with Joe Arpaio as well. The thing is, I just think it's below the belt to go so far as to portray the guy as potentially being a child molester, I think it was. That went a bit too far.

netgoddess

[17]Nov 26, 2010
    • level: 10
    Presumably the girl was 18 so he was being presented as a murderer/rapist rather than a child molester. But yeah that is going a bit far if the show meant to paint Joe Arpaio as that kind of criminal.

Lady_Lancaster

[18]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 41

The best things for me about this episode were that Lee didn't die and that hopefully, we have seen the last of that lousy brother of his because everything about the character just gets on my nerves. I was pretty sure they wouldn't kill Scanlon, particularly not as Ariel was leaving in the same episode. As several people have said, it was obvious that Grandpa was talking about Bridgette and not Marie but I thought that both the girls played that final scene beautifully. There are times when I have found Ariel just a tad annoying but it was sad whenshe left. Definitely not feeling sad about Paul Scanlon hopefully being gone though!

Edward_Nigma

[19]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 54
    I bet if they knew the series would be ending when they wrote this episode they might have killed off Scanlon...that'd be a big shocker!

Lady_Lancaster

[20]Dec 29, 2010
    • level: 41

I was thinking along the same lines, Edward. I don't think they knew the plug was going to be finally pulled when this one was written or I think they MAY have killed off Lee, just to shake up the audience a bit. (A lot!) I'm glad his brother has gone and I'd have no objection to someone killing his wife as she drives me insane and I find her highly dislikeable for some reason that I can't quite put my finger on.