TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 7x10 "Blood on the Tracks"

agent_0042

[1]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 66
    So... wow. Didn't see the death of Joe's mother coming within the episode. I thought they'd give it at least one or two more episodes. Very good twist. And if it were another show, I would be really annoyed by it, but on this one, I know that the character can still come back.

The mystery plot this week felt a bit secondary to the other stuff going on, but it was still interesting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

chelanza

[2]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 7
    anybody think Joe's mum is a bit bitter at dying? With that message at the end that she sees darkness, and then sarcastically saying everything will be just fine? Looking forward to *SOB* the last three episodes of Medium... unless ofcourse ABC manages to pick it up (hey it could happen, they saved Scrubs, and they need something new...).

neokid0298

[3]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    This was probably one of the best episodes of Medium this season.

Hopefully the final eps are good.

agent_0042

[4]Dec 5, 2010
    This is going to sound awful, but I thought of something. Since Joe's mother died, does that mean that he inherits her house and any other assets she has? If so, that could potentially solve his and Allison's money problems. They'd both have enough to go to college without any financial burden, depending on how much they inherited.

haldrey

[5]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 22
    agent_0042 wrote:
    This is going to sound awful, but I thought of something. Since Joe's mother died, does that mean that he inherits her house and any other assets she has? If so, that could potentially solve his and Allison's money problems. They'd both have enough to go to college without any financial burden, depending on how much they inherited.

Not the only one, though the same thing and it might be so as part of the wrapping up of the show. Top episode, so far, of this season.

neokid0298

[6]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 8
    agent_0042 wrote:

Well I don't think Joe has any siblings, so he'd get pretty much everything

And that house looked nice.

Lady_Lancaster

[7]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 41

Joe does have siblings, or at least one anyway. A couple of seasons ago he mentioned that his sister was having her 'latest wedding' or something like that. I remember Bridgette or Marie made a card that said 'Happy Weeding' and Ariel wasn't very impressed with their spelling. They were at the kitchen table at the time. So, he at least has one sister even though she wasn't mentioned in this episode and didn't turn up to see her mother when she was so ill.

I think my question about whether or not Ariel will come back for the final episodes has probably been answered as she wasn't there or didn't turn up when they all went to Michigan after Marjory died. I really hope she will be in some of the last few episodes, it seems only fitting, unless of course Sofia is unavailable.

As to the episode, the whole 'blood on the tracks' thing was pretty much second string compared to the storyline involving Joe's mother. (Someone mentioned that above and I agree.) It was a very good episode though but she certainly died quickly. It would have been nice if Allison and the girls had managed to get there in time to say their goodbyes.

All in all, I enjoyed it, and given that most of the episodes have been so well written this season, I'll say again that it's a true shame that the show is being axed.

agent_0042

[8]Dec 6, 2010
    Perhaps the girls will have a chance to say goodbye to her, too, eventually.

cgad66

[9]Dec 8, 2010
    • level: 5

I watched the train episode online and the end seemed to be cut off. Joe's mother was facing the window and as she turned, it switched to credits rolling. I missed that! I am trying to watch it someone where else to catch what she said.

Also the scene with her and Joe in the hospital room as his mother asked Joe to get her purse, that also seemed to be cut off and went to commercial.

****Yell

agent_0042

[10]Dec 9, 2010
    Here's what happened in the ending;

Joe's mother appeared to Allison. She said that she knew the whole time that Allison wasn't being honest with her, but it was such a comforting lie that she chose to make her reality, until she was forced to face the truth. She also advised Allison to be careful, because she peeked and she's seen some darkness coming (something she admits she shouldn't have done), but she says that it's going to be a wonderful life.

With the other part, Joe met with her doctor, who told him that she had inoperable cancer and that surgery was impossible / that there was almost no chance of her living.

JoshSutton

[11]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 15
    Joe has a sister, she has stayed at their House, she's a vegan i'm sure and she got Ariel's room of which Ariel wasn't very impressed with at all. She had marriage problems too, so we've definitely seen her.

melaty

[12]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 2

Hey guys. I lurk here sometimes and was also curious about the "darkness" comment in terms of either Devalos or Scanlon being killed off. I keep thinking that Allison will end up no longer working for the DA whether she goes back to law school or not.

Lady_Lancaster

[13]Dec 17, 2010

I very much enjoyed this one, as I said, but what are the airdates for the final 3? After Christmas, obviously.

Lady_Lancaster

[14]Dec 17, 2010

Ah, I see my question has already been answered under another topic.

January 7th, 14th and 21st. I shall write those dates in my diary so I don't forget.

I really hope it's a proper wrap up.