TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 7x12 "Labor Pains" (1/14/2011)

agent_0042

[1]Jan 13, 2011
    • level: 66
    And the countdown is down to two. On the penultimate episode of Medium, "Labor Pains":

"When a woman goes missing, her husband begs Allison for help. On the home front, there's concern when Marie becomes severely distraught during a spelling test."

Scenes from last week's preview show the man basically kidnapping Allison in order to try to get her to help him.
    Edited on 01/13/2011 5:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Jan 14, 2011
    So it sounds like Marie has a learning disability. And my reaction was... well, duh. Edward_Nigma, isn't that what you've been saying for months now?

Edit - and now they're saying she doesn't. I guess that would have been too easy.
    Edited on 01/14/2011 5:41pm

mattgus

[3]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 14
    i have not seen this show for about a yr. i am gone on fri..i see it tonite..and i have to say it was one of the most schitzy eps of tv since i don't know when...very strange..and joe has told his wife he could'nt believe he did not know she was in peril many x's...i like this show but this one was odd..the players were good,then bad,then good,even the music was wierd....

haldrey

[4]Jan 15, 2011
    • level: 22
    I found this episode strangely fantastic, one that had us watching to the very end. This is another show that I will miss.

agent_0042

[6]Jan 15, 2011
    I didn't notice, but maybe they were. Their show is ending.

I liked this episode, though. Very good plotline and it felt like they're really driving to the end. And I liked that they promoted next week's episode as the series finale. No more cat and mouse games.

netgoddess

[7]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 10
    If someone kidnaps me and waves a gun in my face I doubt I could be so quick to forgive and be willing to drop charges.

I guess Marie's issues were just to give Joe the solution to his problem?

I wish the show wasn't ending so soon. One more episode left, I hope the final episode is epic.

neokid0298

[8]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 8
    One of the best episodes of Medium in a while

Until Allison decided to forgive the person who kidnapped her because she dreamed about his wife and felt sorry for him.

That is when the episode became bad. It's a shame, other than that, the episode was rather good

Aside from the glaring faults in the "Marie has a learning disability" storyline, of course.

Many many many problems with that. Although for the average viewer, nothing wrong was seen, I am guessing.

Overall, a decent episode. The finale should be interesting

Edward_Nigma

[9]Jan 16, 2011
    • level: 54

Hahaha yes agent it's so true...clearly she was mis-diagnosed as being normal. Lol.

Other than that...for some reason I thought Allison's initial reaction at the airport to seeing Jeremy pull a gun on her was hilarious. And the kidnapping was kinda lame and too short, with no shocking ending.

But I did not expect Allison to let the guy go!I also agree with mattgus-- this episode was kinda weird, if that makes sense.

Edited on 01/17/2011 12:01am

Lady_Lancaster

[10]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 41
    [QUOTE="Edward_Nigma"]

Hahaha yes agent it's so true...clearly she was mis-diagnosed as being normal. Lol.

Other than that...for some reason I thought Allison's initial reaction at the airport to seeing Jeremy pull a gun on her was hilarious. And the kidnapping was kinda lame and too short, with no shocking ending.

But I did not expect Allison to let the guy go!I also agree with mattgus-- this episode was kinda weird, if that makes sense.

[/QUOTe

Totally agree with you, Edward. It was indeed weird considering that the final is coming up. The acting wasn't all that great, either. Marie having a learning disability or NOT having one was ridiculous. Next week's episode looks a bit cliched to me as well. This makes me sad. Let's hope they pull a rabbit out of a hat. (By the way, you didn't have to be psychic to know that Jeremy was a loony tune so I don't know why Allison didn't figure it out when the guy said he had been writing to her several times a week for a long time. She should have been a BIT more prepared.

pgsuperfan

[11]Jan 18, 2011
    • level: 25

I will miss this show too but alas it will on in rerun land