Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Discussion: 7x13 "Me Without You" (Series Finale)

Was the finale a good send-off for the show?

Edward_Nigma

[1]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 54

Awww...here we are at the end. I really hope this show gets a decent ending, since we've stuck with it (some of us since January 2005). I remember the days when this was a buzzed-about show, and one of TV's Top 20 shows.It lasted through a network switch too, and seven seasons is quite a lot. It's time...now all we do is wait for tomorrow!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shimmybinny

[2]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 10
    This show was amazing and had a great fanbase. It went through a lot of changes, but always stayed true to its origins! I hope it's a fitting end to an amazing show.

iloveyongsi

[3]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 2
    So sad to see it end! But am hoping that it's gonna be an awesome killer ending that they've promised. Goodbye Medium, it's been good while it lasted. I will miss you!!!!!

wildhoney66

[5]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 13

i think it was a good episode, but i didn't like the ending, it was more of a WTF you have GOT to be kidding me! moment

i think they were smoking crack when they wrote that ending. anyone agree or disagree on that?

mikeverdon

[6]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 3

I agree. That was the worst ending I have ever seen. Why in the world would they do that? The episode was fine, but she should have woken up at the end and realized they couldn't live without each other blah, blah, blah. From seeing that I am actually ok with the series being over because that was very disappointing. The whole reason I liked the show was because Joe and Allison couldn't be without eachother and we get this... You have got to be kidding me.

sterlinglee38

[7]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 1

My wife and I did not know that this was the series finally. We are both very upset that the show has come to an end. We loved this show and looked forward to it every week. Although not happy about the episode, we both that that it was a good ending. At least it had an ending, unlike a lot of shows lately that just up and disappear. So good-bye dear friend Medium, you will be missed. Great job done by all!!!!!

Edited on 01/21/2011 6:15pm

Sophiecdog

[8]Jan 21, 2011
    WTF!!! I HATED it. Felt totally manipulated. Furious with the writers. As someone said, the writers must have been on dripugs if the thought that would satisfy longterm fans. Argh! I am so angry!

Sophiecdog

[9]Jan 21, 2011
    p.s. I really want that hour back. I loved the series. Have been a loyal fan since the beginning. But I am going to pretend that that series finale did not happen.

neokid0298

[10]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 8
    I was laughing throughout that episode.

After the plane crashed, we were expecting a Castaway situation.

Then it showed him washing up, and we started laughing our asses off.

Then we had to wonder how it was tied in, then we realized he must be a drug mule.

The last 5 minutes or so were the best.

Joe talking to Allison plus showing the cast.

Watashii

[11]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 2

I really wanted the typical "feel good" series finale where nothing bad happens. I hated how Allison had to live 41 years without Joe. It was just so sad. I only watched Medium on the first season and stopped and watched again this season. I was really sad that they canceled it early in the season and cut the episodes especially since I was starting to like the show again. Its going to be hard to watch old episodes knowing that Joe dies regardless of them being reunited together when they die. It just sucks. But what can we do. I really blame the producers for cutting the season, maybe if they a longer run, the ending would be different. Nothing else to say but sad face.

agent_0042

[12]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 66
    Total mind screw of an episode, but I loved it. And yes, there were tears. Yes, they offed Joe, but things like that happen in real life. Great ending, I thought, and the cast sendoff at the end was a wonderful touch.

artmama

[13]Jan 21, 2011

Weare so disappointed you cancelled the show, Medium. It was both exciting and heart warming. We grew to love the actors who played the DuBois family and the synergy among them.Each episodewas well writen and well acted.We assumeyou'll replace it with something that appeals to the declining intellectand taste of the American people. Just wated to tell you how much we'll miss it. Please tell the actors they were a wonderful company of performers who stole our hearts.

Sincerely,

Tom and Carolyn Taylor

artmama

[14]Jan 21, 2011

We didn't realize this was the end of the entire season. Is there any hope it could be brought back? We would have protested had we known--assumed they were sharing the season with a new preview, or something. People loved this delightful family as portrayed by talented actors.

agent_0042

[15]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 66
    Sorry, artmama, it's too late. The show is canceled. Some people wanted to start a drive to save the show, but the support just wasn't there. The ratings were too low - it just couldn't be justified for CBS to keep airing it. But support the show - get the DVDs!

dragon22a

[16]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 32

My mother is one of those people who get way into shows like this. She was pissed when Rosanne ended the way it did and when Las Vegas ended on a Cliffhanger. And tonight, she adds this to the list of things she will never stop complaining about.

They really could have ended it better.Having Allison waking up and stopping the plane or finding Joe sooner. For one thing, Joe is alive in real life and while the show departed from reality from the beginning, it should have still stuck with some assemblence of truth. Another aspect was thatBridget was only mentioned and not shown. she deserved more.

After all of the warnings about the darkness coming, i was hoping for something a bit more. Like the return of the spirit that she used to face in the past or maybe even meeting a darker medium. Instead, we get this.

Lady_Lancaster

[17]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 41

I was ok with the way it was done and I'm actually glad they went with a sad ending rather than a happy one. The worst part for me was showing the cast at the end, it made me cry buckets. Would have been nice to see more of Sofia and Maria though, we watched them grow up on television and I will miss them.

Goodbye, Medium and thank you for 7 great years! You will be missed.

BrittanyMcClo

[19]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 6

I hated most of the series finale, at least Joe dying...it was nice to see what happened to all of them though. Sad that Bridgette and Marie and Ariel were only shown for a few minutes. I agree that the show has been a lot about Joe and Allison always being there for each other and killing him was a cruel joke. When I was watching I thought back to a few weeks ago on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (I Know..) they had the real Allison Dubois attend a dinner party with Camille Grammer, they are friends in real life Kelsey Grammer is the co-creator. And the whole dinner she just made a complete ass out of herself, totally different than the Allison we love, in fact there were no similarities, and it was pretty hilarious to watch as well. But anyways right after that episode aired I read that Medium was getting canceled. Probably have nothing to do with each other but it's a thought.....But I love Medium and have been watching since the beginning and although the ending was not exactly what I had hoped for; it was at least an ending.

neokid0298

[20]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 8
    The end seemed like it was attempting to emulate the end of Six Feet Under, with the jumping ahead bit.

But the message did show that Allison could survive without Joe.

Although I am curious as to what point Allison took over the dream from Joe (I am guessing when she had the dream about Joe washing up on the beach).

The ending was decent for people who like unpredictable endings, endings that aren't the typical "everything is happy goodbye viewers", endings that make you go "daaaaamn" (or at least generate excitement)

If it had been a typical episode of medium, or one that was just coated with sugar and tears of joy, It would not have had as much of an impact as this episode.

Although it would've been nice if it had shown more of Allison trying to cope with the loss of her husband. Perhaps show Joe reuniting with his parents.