TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Official Talk: 5x13-5x15 "How to Make a Killing in Big Business" (1-3)

Edward_Nigma

[1]May 4, 2009
    • level: 54

The only thing I'm worried about is how Allison's gonna leave her job...I hope that comes off as realistic and not out-of-character. I'm excited though!

Edited on 05/05/2009 1:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]May 4, 2009
    • level: 66
    I expect it should be a clean break, no hard feelings and stuff. I'll be watching straightaway at 10 P.M., right after 24. As good as this show as been this season, 24 has been really good and so it gets priority for me.

BTW-- you messed up the episode title again. This is season five.

shimmybinny

[3]May 4, 2009
    • level: 10
    Are tonights episodes considered 2 separate episodes, or 1 long one?
    Edited on 05/04/2009 6:10pm

dds_rules

[4]May 4, 2009
    • level: 7
    This episode. Best episode I've seen in awhile. Ariels plot interests me the most so far.

agent_0042

[5]May 4, 2009
    Yes, Ariel's plotline actually interested me the most too. Very compelling. But overall, I thought the two-hours were very good on the whole. Some good moments of humor, but some very dark and interesting moments as well. And I was totally surprised by the surprise party also.

shimmybinny wrote:
    Are tonights episodes considered 2 separate episodes, or 1 long one?

For the purpose of crew credits and the episode guide, 2 episodes. But it was presented as a single seamless airing, unlike 24, which airs full previouslies, etc. etc. when it airs two episodes on the same night.

P.S.: As far as Allison leaving her job, it seems clear that you can take Allison out of the job, but you can't take the job out of her. I'll be very interested to see how things wrap up next week. I mean, obviously she's going back to the DA's office, but... I hope she at least gets to keep the car.
    Edited on 05/04/2009 8:57pm

mediumfanatic

[6]May 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    :
    I mean, obviously she's going back to the DA's office, but... I hope she at least gets to keep the car.
    That was a sweet car, wasn't it? Maybe they'll at least let her keep that, lol! I for one will be glad to see her get back into the DAs office. She just looks so out of place in that corporate office. You can tell she doesn't fit in there, and those people are snakes. You can look at both of them and tell there's something sneaky about them both. They're up to something. I think they're playing Allison.

TesserT

[7]May 5, 2009
    • level: 79
    Ooh good ep! I've decided that Caitlyn had a dream about Allison finding out the killer is Lydecker's son. She told Lydecker & they decided to hire Allison so when she dreamt of the son as the killer she couldn't tell anyone because of the contract she signed with the company - use the lure of a big salary. Caitlyn pressured her to give an answer in a week because Allison was starting to dream about the killings & Caitlyn wanted her away from the DA's office. If the company wanted Allison that bad because of her special abilities then they wouldn't have cared if she took a month to come on board. Everything was so rush rush 'cause Allison's being used to keep Lydecker's son secret. They used her to look over employee files as a ruse to see if she recognized the killer (Lydecker's son). Once the story hit the news about the killings Lydecker had to give Allison the tough talk about what he'd do if she discussed her dreams with anyone - so when she dreams of the son as the killer, her hands are tied (well sort of but we know Allison so she'll figure out something). The ending of this saga should be interesting (especially from the promo for next week).

The other story with Ariel was terrific. Things are starting to rev up for poor Ariel - a dead girl & seeing a future event (the slit throat of the sub teacher). Lots more material for this show to work with!

Edward_Nigma

[8]May 5, 2009
    • level: 54

Hahh...I keep confusing this with Bones...thanks agent for catching my dumb error. Uhhh, that and I just realized the end of the topic title was cut off after I typed it...hahaha I'm so smart...

I'm happy with the way Allison left, it didn't turn out as awkward as I thought it would.

And Tesser -- wow, I think you're right! I didn't even think of that! But I was also having an AIM/test talk/argument with two friends lol...so I was distracted (I hate when I'm bothered during shows!). That makes complete sense, everything you said pretty much. I was wondering why Lydecker would be such a jerk. But I was kinda liking his son...I was hoping Allison would help him out or something. Oh well, she can just get him arrested then I guess cuz he's a psycho.

It's kinda lame though that next week's episode is right before another one where she's back with the DA -- way to make that obvious.

Edited on 05/05/2009 1:53pm

Spaddel2710

[9]May 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    Does anyone know the song that was played when allison walks into her "new job" for the first time?

Revolutionjc

[10]May 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    The song is "It's Amazing" by Jem.

And well, Lydecker can't prevent Allison from reporting a crime or information about one as it's against the law.

tv_Rescue911

[11]May 8, 2009
    • level: 50
    TesserT wrote:
    Ooh good ep! I've decided that Caitlyn had a dream about Allison finding out the killer is Lydecker's son. She told Lydecker & they decided to hire Allison so when she dreamt of the son as the killer she couldn't tell anyone because of the contract she signed with the company - use the lure of a big salary. Caitlyn pressured her to give an answer in a week because Allison was starting to dream about the killings & Caitlyn wanted her away from the DA's office. If the company wanted Allison that bad because of her special abilities then they wouldn't have cared if she took a month to come on board. Everything was so rush rush 'cause Allison's being used to keep Lydecker's son secret. They used her to look over employee files as a ruse to see if she recognized the killer (Lydecker's son). Once the story hit the news about the killings Lydecker had to give Allison the tough talk about what he'd do if she discussed her dreams with anyone - so when she dreams of the son as the killer, her hands are tied (well sort of but we know Allison so she'll figure out something). The ending of this saga should be interesting (especially from the promo for next week).

I also made that prediction once it was revealed that the son was the killer (because really, why else would Lydecker care if Allison shared dreams that had nothing to do with company?). I think that theory is also supported by Allison's vision of Lydecker crying with a glass of wine (presumably this was when he found out about his son). That also explains the detective's motive for cleaning up the crimes (money), and why Lydecker kept asking what she Allison sensed about his son.

I'm wondering if Caitlyn is loyal to Lydecker, or if she is also being blackmailed. I'm guessing it will conclude when Devalos and Scanlon catch Lydecker's son (they did remind Allison they could still catch bad guys without her, it was just harder). Once the son is caught, Lydecker will have no reason to keep her around anymore.

haldrey

[12]May 11, 2009
    • level: 22
    Although the main storyline is kind of predictable I like the way they are carrying it and also it is a refresher from the usual gang. The storyline line that is really getting me is that of Ariel's. That one is really intriguing.

agent_0042

[13]May 11, 2009
    Ariel's storyline turned out to tie into the main plot. Very interesting.

So Allison didn't get keep the car. But I guess she doesn't really want it anymore...

derbone

[14]May 13, 2009
    • level: 8
    Although I kind of liked the episode...it was much too little content for a three parter...while parts one and two were still ok, to me, part 3 kept dragging on and on until it reached its predictable conclusion. the whole story could have easily been told in two parts.

Vesper-Lynd

[15]May 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    This is kind of irrelevant, but what does "Julianne" mean in the context that the son used it when he commented on being the guy who likes to "Julianne pretty girls...?"

I'm a little confused by it and at the same time, I get the feeling it's really obvious.

agent_0042

[16]May 18, 2009
    Perhaps the same thing as it means with fries?

TesserT

[17]May 19, 2009
    • level: 79
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Perhaps the same thing as it means with fries?
    Julienne is a cooking term that means 'to cut into long, very thin strips'. It can be fries, veggies, meat, etc. Or in the case of this episode what the killer was doing to his victims.