Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Ratings Discussion

Edward_Nigma

[81]Jan 13, 2010
    • level: 54
    Oooh cool, it got a bit of a bump! I bet there was high tune-in since this was one of the first shows to come back from the holiday break.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TesserT

[82]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 76
    Catching up....Ck out the links for more info.
    tvbythenumbers overnight ratings (DVRs not factored in)
    Mar 5, Ep 6x15: "Medium grabbing top honors for CBS with adults 18-49"

7.88 million viewers (#1)
    18-49 demo rating/share: 1.9/6 (#1)
    Competition: NBC Dateline, FOX Kitchen Nightmares repeat & ABC 20/20.

Feb 5, Ep 6x14:

9.10 million viewers (#1)
    18-49 demo rating/share: 2.2/6 (#1)
    Competition: NBC Dateline, FOX Kitchen Nightmares repeat, ABC Shark Tank & CW Smallville.

Jan 29, Ep 6x13:

7.98 million viewers (#1)
    18-49 demo rating/share: 1.8/6 (#1)
    Competition: NBC Dateline, FOX Kitchen Nightmares repeat, ABC Shark Tank & CW Smallville repeat.

Jan 15, Ep 6x12:

9.0 million viewers (#1)
    18-49 demo rating/share: 2.2/7 (#1)
    Competition: NBC Dateline, FOX Dollhouse, ABC Shark Tank, CW Smallville repeat.

chelanza

[83]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 7

Here is something I really don't understand (maybe this should be in a new topic but it sounds like it's meant for this one): Why all the talk of Medium may be getting cancelled? Why, WHY would ANYBODY cancel a show that is consistently Number 1/Number 2 of its timeslot? If it was doing horribly, then that would make sense but this is the "death slot" (though these shows seem to be flourishing), and yet the show is still hitting the highs every week, but people are saying Medium is on the bubble for some unknown reason... I've tried getting answers from other forums but no help there so could somebody please explain?

Thanks.

Edited on 03/08/2010 6:51am

shimmybinny

[84]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 10
    I'm happy with Medium's numbers.

CBS has pilot shows that need to be aired, and since it's Friday night line up isn't doing as well as in past years (even though the numbers are great) the show is still on the bubble. Basically to make room for new shows, and because the lineup is not doing as well as it used to.

I honestly don't think Medium is in serious danger with it's numbers... but you never know!

agent_0042

[85]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 66
    chel - the thing about is that things are bit different with CBS than they are with any other network. After all, they canceled Without a Trace even though it was still usually winning its timeslot and drawing some pretty great numbers.

Other factors they may be considering include the 18-35 "demo" numbers and the cost of making the series. The older a show gets, the costlier it can be to have it on the air. Personally, I too think that Medium will likely stick around. Word has it, though, that once Miami Medical starts on April 2nd, it might be a good idea to keep an eye on its ratings, as a potential clue to what will happen with Medium.

Edward_Nigma

[86]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 54
    Oooh cool, Medium was the #1 show on Friday night among the key demo (adults 18-49, with a 1.6). I think it was #1 in viewers too, but I am not 100% sure. It had more viewer than Ghost Whisperer and Miami Medical though, so that's what counts the most I'd say!