Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Season 4: Best Season So Far?

tvloverduh

[1]Jan 16, 2008
    • level: 22
    After two series classics (specially the second one) I have to think that Medium is heading in a new, exciting, and better direction. Just based on these first 2 episodes I would say this is shaping up to be a helluva season
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pisceandreams

[2]Jan 17, 2008
    • level: 40

It is indeed shaping up to be a helluva season, but it's a bit premature to say it's the best so far. I hope this trend of great episodes continues. I really think that Allison no longer working for the DA has improved the show in that it leaves room for more creativity. Too bad she wasn't "outed" sooner!
    Edited on 01/17/2008 6:16am

tvloverduh

[3]Jan 17, 2008
    for a while at the end of season 2 it felt like the same old stuff... Season 3 was the best and now Season 4 may be even better

tvloverduh

[4]Jan 18, 2008
    hello?

CSI_forever

[5]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    I'm enjoying season 4. We've waited 8 months for it to start and all we get are 3 episodes. New episodes don't start again in another 4 weeks!!!!

cushtxlady

[6]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 3

I agree. This is so unfair. Three episodes and now we have to wait four weeks for any new ones. What are they going to show in this time slot, reruns of the three we have just seen? Or maybe they have something else to air, I don't know but it stinks.

agent_0042

[7]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 66
    Four weeks? They're making us wait four weeks?! (sigh) Well, at least we'll have something to hold us during the dead of the strike. That's probably what they're thinking too.

Anyway, the State of the Union is on next week. That's why they're not airing it then. Don't know about from there...

CSI_forever

[8]Jan 22, 2008

LOL Yeah repeat the ones we just saw.

The week after the Union Address will be an episode of Deal or no Deal. I don't know after that.

I'm still laughing about the idea of them repeating those 3 episodes.

cushtxlady

[9]Jan 22, 2008
    Well, I was making a joke about them repeating the ones we have just seen but I can't understand why we have to wait 4 weeks. I can see next week with the Presidental address but why move a game show to a later hour the week after that? And then what??? I wouldn't mind if they were to repeat the last episode of last season before showing the new episodes but it is a little late for that I guess. Whatever. You are probably corrext in guessing they want to save some new stuff for later because of the writers strike.

maninbluetx

[10]Jan 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    My wife and I really like wathcing Medium. We were both wathcing last night and were trying to figure out the name of the song that was playing during Allison's dream. Anyone know..

pisceandreams

[11]Jan 23, 2008

maninbluetx wrote:
    My wife and I really like wathcing Medium. We were both wathcing last night and were trying to figure out the name of the song that was playing during Allison's dream. Anyone know..

The song is "I'm Not in Love" by 10cc.

This is the reason for the 4-week hiatus:

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC will expand its freshman hit "American Gladiators" to 90 minutes starting February 4, the network's press materials confirmed today.

In addition, the show's two-hour finale has been set for Sunday, February 17 at 7:00/6:00c. Said event will serve as the lead-in to the two-hour backdoor pilot movie "Knight Rider" that same night at 9:00/8:00c.

As for specifics, both "Gladiators" and "Deal or No Deal" will offer up 90-minute installments on February 4 and 11 sending "Medium," which is also pre-empted on January 28 due to the President's State of the Union Address, to a brief hiatus.

"Medium" will then return on February 18 with the first of six new episodes.

maninbluetx

[12]Jan 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    thx a bunch..

sft728

[13]Jan 23, 2008
    I've been a very loyal fan of Medium since the first season. I think the show is getting better and better. I just can't imagine life without Medium! Please, we need season 5, 6, 7, 8, or more! Just love dat show!

CSI_forever

[14]Jan 24, 2008

I totally agree!! This show better be on for several more years. CBS said that they would pick it up if NBC cancels it--stated last season. It's weird that it is filmed at CBS studio but it is on NBC.

I just don't think they advertise the show enough. I talk to people about the show and they are so psyched about it. They never heard of the show. Some of the people can't stay up that late though, because they have to work early the next morning. I say 'didn't you ever hear of a recorder?' Maybe if they had it at 9:00 instead of 10:00 there might be a bigger audience.

mediumfanatic

[15]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 4
    I agree also. I would love to see several more seasons of Medium. I lovelovelove this show. This is one of only a couple shows that are MUST-see tv for me. (The only other one being The Closer) You're right about the network not promoting the show enough. NBC really does very little as far as publicity goes (though I will admit that this year's pre-premiere promotion was better than last year's, and that media blitz that Patricia Arquette did the first week it aired was great. She was freakin' everywhere!) As far as CBS goes, the show is owned by CBS Paramount, and NBC owns the airing rights to first-run episodes. CBS can then sell the reruns in syndication (which they did to Lifetime, for a hefty $1.2 mil per ep, though that money is wasted because they schedule it at the worst possible times. They're as bad as NBC at programming.) I would hope that if NBC did drop it, that CBS would pick it up, maybe for one or two more seasons, (though that is doubtful too, since they also own that other ghosts/psychic detective show). It's funny too, that a lot of people that I talk to about the show have never heard of it or watched it, but once they watch it, they're hooked. I have told several of my friends and co-workers about it, and they're now hooked on it. I have never told one person about it and had them come back and tell me they didn't like it. It's just a great show that doesn't get the promotion and network support it deserves. It's a shame too.

cushtxlady

[16]Feb 5, 2008
    You are so right mediumfanatic. There is very little publicity for the show. And Lifetime could not have found a worse time for the reruns. I have always watched Medium and really liked it. That may be the kiss of death for it right there. Seems like every time I really love a show it gets cancelled. Please don't let this happen to Medium. You get enough seasons to really get hooked on it and then poof! they take it away.

pisceandreams

[17]Mar 19, 2008
    Well, after watching 8 or so episodes this season, I'll go on record to say that this season is my favorite thus far. It has featured some very interesting storylines, which have taken the characters into unique situations, thus commanding excellent performances from the regular and guest cast. I think season 4 has been the most realistic and the most complex of the series. I hope it maintains this streak of unique and interesting episodes.

harihudson

[18]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    I had strayed from the flock, but am now back in the fold - the show has really been good this season. The evil step-dad kidnapping, the poor toddler in the doll box and the 2 part scheming ex-wife and dentist (I don't think I've ever seen "Miles" from "Murphy Brown" in a bad guy role) were dark but really good stories. I am catching up on older shows via Lifetime. I really enjoy the exchanges between Joe and Allison - I'd like a husband like Joe. There are only so many ways she can wake up from a dream - sometimes that gets old hat - but the writers are doing a good job.

pisceandreams

[19]Mar 24, 2008

harihudson wrote:
    I had strayed from the flock, but am now back in the fold.

Glad to have you back in the fold!

zeofan1

[20]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 25
    I don't know. Season 3 was probably still the best so far but season 4 is good so far...