Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

Slurring speech

NiDKiD

[1]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 11
    Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble understanding Arquette sometimes? It seems like she's constantly slurring her speech. Is she a heavy drinker or has she had any medical problems that might explain it?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shuvcat

[2]Jan 4, 2006
    • level: 1
    I've noticed it too. She *might* be trying to go for the more "realistic" angle, since most people in real life don't ee-noon-see-ate, but geez..... in the old days they used to send actors to dialogue school to clear up voices like that.

NiDKiD

[3]Jan 5, 2006
    • level: 11
    shuvcat wrote:
    I've noticed it too. She *might* be trying to go for the more "realistic" angle, since most people in real life don't ee-noon-see-ate, but geez..... in the old days they used to send actors to dialogue school to clear up voices like that.

Thank you! When I was little, I spoke Italian predominantly at home because my father didn't know how to speak English. When I started school, they made me take Speech classes. Guess no one cares about speaking correctly these days, just as they don't seem to care about spelling or grammar. ARGH!