Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

The 4th Season of Medium is....

The best season ever!

Lilia_Montoya

[1]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 8

I love Medium, but really something has changed and I was wondering what do you think it is... Somehow it is not the same to me, Allison doesn't seem to be the same character, and of course she is having more and more tantrums. Joe on the other hand is getting much more attention, and his character has improved ten-fold. What do you think? is the show better or worse, does it have what it takes to be renewed for another season or not?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

paryah

[2]Mar 10, 2008
    • level: 9
    I think it won't be renewed for another season but not because it's bad or because it's changed. Thing change, that's inevitable. I think lack of audeince = lack of interest from the networks. I mean they don't really care how good a show is. They care about the ratings which translate as cash, right?

Btw wouldn't being strapped for cash and being blacklisted by your entire city certainly make you more... tantrummy?

pisceandreams

[3]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 40

Guess I'm not voting since the only options are

* The worst season ever!

* Will get the show cancelled

and I disagree w/both of them. I don't know what you mean about lack of audience, it's performing better this season than it did last season on Wednesdays.

chaosrainz

[4]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 17
    It seems to me the show has been severely "darker" this season. Are they trying to draw a distinction between it and Ghost Whisperer hoping to pick up more viewers or what?

The dead boy in the toy box, the cannibal politician, the rapist cop and now the crazed dentist... All very disturbing. It seems like it's wanting to become more of a slasher movie than a mystery/drama with a supernatural flair. Seems desperate to me.

I used to LOVE this show but now... I can take it or leave it.

pisceandreams

[5]Mar 11, 2008
    This season is darker? A murderer having intercourse with a cadaver in season 1 wasn't dark?

paryah

[6]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 9

pisceandreams wrote:
    This season is darker? A murderer having intercourse with a cadaver in season 1 wasn't dark?
    Here, here. I mean the whole point of the show, for me @ least, is that this "normal", well-adjusted woman is subject to flashes of what lurks out there in the dark. It's not meant to be pretty and well some of it is pretty messed up. This mixed genre show touches on horror and suspense and while it does seem to be a bit more spectacular to you, chaosrainz, I don't really think it is.

Edit: I think the only mistake I made was in regards to identifying the subject of each paragraph. Here, here was meant to commend you pisces.

Edited on 03/12/2008 4:34pm

pisceandreams

[7]Mar 11, 2008
    I think you misunderstood what I said paryah. I was commenting on another person's remark that season 4 is darker, when in fact the show has been darker/more sinister in previous seasons.
    Edited on 03/11/2008 9:30pm

chaosrainz

[8]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 17
    pisceandreams wrote:
    I think you misunderstood what I said paryah. I was commenting on another person's remark that season 4 is darker, when in fact the show has been darker/more sinister in previous seasons.

Well maybe the show has had it's moments in the past but it just seems more consistently depressing to me is all.
    Maybe it's the added stress they are dealing with now because of the money/job situation.
    It just feels to ME, that the whole show is more of a downer than it used to be. Not that it was ever happy fuzzy bunny feeling. It just feels different.

pisceandreams

[9]Mar 12, 2008
    I see your point, chaosrainz, and I agree with you in that respect. Allison's and Joe's respective job situations, or lack thereof, havedefinitely added an element of stress, which is a bit of a downer to the viewers. There's so much uncertainty to their livelihoods this season, and while it's a bit nerve-racking to watch, it also lends the show to some realism, as many families struggle with finances at one point or another. Admitedly, Joe being a rocket scientist and Allison working for the D.A. was an ultra-sweet, yet almost unrealistic, set up.
    Edited on 03/12/2008 3:27pm

AtelierGal

[10]Mar 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    IMO, I think that both Allison & Joe's unemployment allows Angelica to come into the story.
    She's only gonna appear in 6 episodes, and now Manny is back.

It's like a transition...

mediumfanatic

[11]Mar 13, 2008
    • level: 4
    I agree that the unemployment story just lends more realism to the show, and I like that. I like that Medium doesn't make it's characters and stories too much like Hollywood, and too fake. The storyline with Anjelica Huston was, as you said, a transition. I mean, they had to have a way to make the move from Allison working for the DA and the police, to working privately, and that seemed the most logical way to do it, and what a coup to get someone like Huston to guest on the show for six eps (though I'm not a big fan of her character so far).
    :
    Admitedly, Joe being a rocket scientist and Allison working for the D.A. was an ultra-sweet, yet almost unrealistic, set up.
    But it IS real. That is the truth, which is almost more unbelievable than fiction, lol! But it was sweet, wasn't it? They are the perfect family. I just hope Joe finds work soon. I'm starting to feel sorry for him.