Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

The End Is Near For 'Medium'. Which Season Has Been Your Favorite And Why?

Lady_Lancaster

[1]Nov 30, 2010
    • level: 41

Hi All,

With only four episodes left to go, six and a half seasons of 'Medium' will come to an end.

I was wondering which season has been your favorite and why? There are certainly a lot of great episodes from various seasons, but which one season did you like the most?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tv_Rescue911

[2]Dec 4, 2010
    • level: 50
    Season 4 was my favorite. It felt fresh compared to the first three seasons, and I think it was a turning point for show.

I enjoyed the show in its earlier years, but I was getting complacent with the whole formula of self-contained episodes where Allison had dreams, went to work, told Devalos and Scanlon about it, and they caught the crook. It also seemed like the earlier seasons focused more on the plots of the mysteries (which have always been somewhat predictable) than on the characters.

In Season 4, each episode had a self-contained plot, but there was the overarching storyline of everyone being unemployed as a result of Allison being outed, and it was also new that her abilities were public. It was interesting to see how she could assist with the investigations without Devalos as the district attorney. I also liked that the show was turned on its head for most of the season, and that the season 4 premiere didn't hastily tie up the loose ends from season 3 and set things up to resume as normal for the rest of the season.

I also feel like show started becoming more character-driven in the fourth season (Joe especially became a more prominent character). I also enjoyed Anjelica Huston's role as Cynthia Keener; it was nice to have a recurring character who had an important role in more than two or three episodes. I was disappointed to see her written out, even though it was apparent that she was a temporary fix until Allison got her job back.

I think each season since the 4th has been of the same caliber, but I think Season 4 had that extra umph with Allison and Joe both being unemployed and the new district attorney being antagonistic toward Allison.

neokid0298

[3]Dec 5, 2010
    • level: 8
    Season 3 or 4.

shimmybinny

[4]Dec 6, 2010
    • level: 10
    This is a difficult question because every season had a couple of amazing episodes. I personally think seasons 2 and 3 had a few more outstanding, original and creative episodes than any other season.
    Season 4 had a completely different feel to it, and like the other seasons, it had amazing episodes.
    Season 5 and 6 also had great episodes. A Person of Interest was one of my favorite episodes. It had amazing music (Viva La Vida by Coldplay) and a great opening monologue. Who's That Girl, also had amazing music (Crazy by Aerosmith and Cherry Pie by Warrant) along with There Will Be Blood (Imma Be by Black Eyed Peas and Fear the Reaper by Blue Oyster Cult)

jack756

[5]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 14

i got say season 1 b/c thats what made me like the show

and season 5 can i say wow i luv the long story arcs.this season had so many good episodes i couldnt believe it

Edward_Nigma

[6]Dec 22, 2010
    • level: 54
    Too tough of a question -- but I defintiely remember "I Married a Mind Reader" as one of my favorite episodes.

Lady_Lancaster

[7]Dec 29, 2010
    • level: 41

Every season has had some terrific episodes in it and that's why I can't make up my mind. SmileI remember enjoying Season 1 more than Season 2 though. The sad part is that, so far, this latest (and last) season has been very good for the most part. I shall continue to blame the silly timeslot for the low ratings.

shimmybinny

[8]Jan 5, 2011
    • level: 10
    I am rewatching season 4 and I am liking it a lot better the second or third time aroun. "Wicked Game" 1 and 2 (where Cynthia Keener finds out about her daughter) was amazing. It didn't have Devalos, but the episodes were great.
    One episode that will always be stuck in my mind is "Time out of Mind" where a women from the 50's said she was Allison.

swiisiou

[9]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 2

The schedulers have to take a lot of blame for the show being cancelled, it was put on at silly times, there are long breaks between episodes, it gets cancelled or postponed at short notice, it gets moved from time slots, of course people are going to get fed up with that, no matter how good a show is

If it was put on at a regular time each week it would be a lot more popular

But US TV stations are notorious for cancelling great shows, but keeping the crap, X factor, US has talent, any reality show, they are cheap to make and keeps anyone from thinking about any story line

We can all **** and moan, but no TV producers/directors/schedulers ever see the postings in here or anywhere else, they are far too busy putting dross and rubbish on the screen

There isnt any classic programs left on TV any more that you could look back with fond memories, cast your mind back to when you were kids, what do you remember ? Lots I bet, now ask your kids what were their favorites, not much I bet, I doubt there is a program they rush home from school to watch or adults come home to watch in the evenings, certainly not family viewing

okay, I know we have to move on, but there has to be better writers and programs out there

Genzie

[10]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 12
    Unlike other shows it's hard for me to pick my favorite season, since all seasons were great imo. But if I realy, realy, realy had to pick my first instict tells me season 1 since everything started in that season. But I like S3 also ; esp the finale with that Debra girl. It was even a 3 part finale, which was great. Season 4 had a strong quality with Cythia Keener and a fresh spirit in the show. And so on. If I have to list it it will look this :

- Season 1
    - Season 4
    - Season 3
    - Season 5
    - Season 2

But even season 2 was awesome so comparing is realy hard with this show. I haven't seen the complete season 6 and 7 yet ( besides the series finale which was amazing ) so I cant judge about those.

Sci-FiLover22

[11]May 11, 2013
    • level: 3

season 3

season 5

season 6

were da best seasonfor me.