Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

TV Guide Previews New Season of "Medium"

agent_0042

[1]Dec 31, 2008
    • level: 66
    The newest season of Medium is previewed in the current (January 5-11, 2009) issue of TV Guide magazine. Among the tidbits offered is that this season's focus is a "return to normalcy." That said, Glenn Gordon Caron does promise that "there are a bunch of unexpected twists and turns this year." Also, we will finally see an episode directed by Patricia Arquette and there will be a three-episode arc with a "corporate trend-predictor who makes Allison a job offer she can't refuse."

As previously mentioned on these boards, the timeslot is Mondays at 10 P.M., starting February 2nd. Which is interesting, see as how NBC is giving up the 10 P.M. slot nightly to Leno starting in Fall 2009...
    Edited on 12/31/2008 2:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Edward_Nigma

[2]Jan 1, 2009
    • level: 54
    I'm also wondering why additional episodes were ordered (bringing the total to 19) if the show isn't premiering until Feb 2nd. Even if the episodes run straight through, the show is going to spill into the summer, which doesn't sit well with me.

agent_0042

[3]Jan 1, 2009
    Well, the only other thing would be if they were to do "event" airings-- i.e., they aired episodes outside the show's normal timeslot.

pisceandreams

[4]Jan 4, 2009
    • level: 40
    Yes, I'm certain that the network will air all episodes before the official end of the season. Perhaps they will double up or like the previous poster said, there will be episodes aired other than its Monday home. Either way, I can't wait to start watching new episodes! It's been soooooo long since season 4 wrapped up...

Edward_Nigma

[5]Jan 6, 2009
    Oooh ya good call Agent, I can see NBC doing that...maybe in Knight Rider's spot when that wraps up...who knows.

And yea pisceandreams I can't wait either, it's been way too long!

agent_0042

[6]Jan 22, 2009
    The newest issue of TV Guide offers a couple more tantalizing tidbits. It says that James Van Der Beek will be on an upcoming episode as "one of two bizarre siblings whose mother has gone missing." Additionally, it reveals that in another episode, it's Allison that will go missing-- apparently she gets possessed by the spirit of a Mexican woman.

star_kdt

[7]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    I am psyched for it to start already!!! Can't wait to see how Ariel's gifts continue to develop & if she doubles up with mom & helps solve more cases.

Edward_Nigma

[8]Jan 29, 2009
    Yeah it's almost here I can't wait! I can't believe it's Season 5 already! And yeah, Ariel is getting older, I bet she could definitely help out her mom more. And please, can Marie talk this season? She's more than old enough to speak more than like one line an episode lol...

chris121995

[9]Jan 29, 2009
    • level: 1
    ooh is soooo close, a few more days, every show comes on a monday now, It has been way to long sense the last Episode i had forgotten all about Medium till i saw the previews. LOL. i've been lookin back and i wonder if there will be any reacurring roles. Hope so!!!

agent_0042

[10]Feb 2, 2009
    star, Edward, chris-- all very good points. Joe and Allison are both awesome, but I'm definitely hoping to see some great development for other characters as well.

Less than a couple hours till the premiere. Last season, once I got my DVR, I often DVRed episodes, but I'll be watching the premiere "live," as such. Over at Television Without Pity somewhere, perhaps the Telefile blog, I recall one of the staff saying that they just didn't see how anyone could get excited over the return of Medium. They seemed to feel that it was a decent show, but not really much more than the average procedural, something they might watch if nothing else was on. Now, I generally like Television Without Pity, but I think they missed the boat on this one. But I guess that's the way it always is. Some people see "something special" in a particular show, and others don't. But it's kept me hooked for the most part for four seasons and I'm looking forward to the fifth.