Medium Forums

CBS (ended 2011)

What annoys me a small bit

Kleinke

[1]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    After all this time... how come that still nobody "gets" the way this psychic thing works? Or rather, how it doesn't work. Or rather, to put it with Allison's own words (uttered far too ofter in recent episodes, I think): "This is not how it works."

How come that even Devalos tried to get her into some "contract-dreaming", though he really should know by now that Allison can't control what she dreams about? And then this Keener woman - don't get me wrong, I love Anjelica Houston, and she plays that character with such depth. But for crying out loud, even a stubborn old witch like Keener should understand by now that Allison's "thing" can't be booked, just by Ah, I don't know why this bugs me so much I kept rambling on... but I feel better now!

What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SamaraDubois

[2]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    I completely agree. I understand how some people who have just met Allison don't understand, but I got very pissed at Devalos that one time.

chaosrainz

[3]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 17
    Exactly.

I would have told Cynthia to stuff it last night after she got all ticked off.

Sometimes though they make it seem like Allison doesn't even know what the hell is going on and I find that more annoying than anything.
    After all this time, she doesn't even know that sometimes things in her dreams aren't literal? Come on.

CrazeELidiot

[4]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10

chaosrainz wrote:
    Sometimes though they make it seem like Allison doesn't even know what the hell is going on and I find that more annoying than anything. After all this time, she doesn't even know that sometimes things in her dreams aren't literal? Come on.

I know what you mean, every dream she acts as its her first. Like everytime she dreams about her kids. She has deamt about them before and usually it has nothing to with them, but what does she do? panic like hell.

And then nearly everytime she dreams, she jumps up and acts without really thinking to wait until she has all the details. People say they don't like Joe, but honestly if it weren't for Joe, Allison would be screwed.

maayaxlm

[6]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    Definitely after so long having dreams why does Allison freaks out so much with some dreams and at the same time she gives Ariel advice and ends up learning more from her like "I'm dreaming this bc I can do something". Haven't we stablished that?! At least Keener really doesn't know much and is more open to the possibility except when it has to do with her daughter.

Maybe as a mother Allison tends to be more protective than she should but I really agree with

CrazeELidiot wrote:
    ... but honestly if it weren't for Joe, Allison would be screwed.

bc Joe definitely helps Allison to find the real purpose of her dreams and he's the man. I so like him and I think Allison should be more suportive, at least listen to his complete ideas.

One question I have now is, are we getting more two-parts episodes?? -Maaya

Kleinke

[7]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    CrazeELidiot wrote:

chaosrainz wrote:
    Sometimes though they make it seem like Allison doesn't even know what the hell is going on and I find that more annoying than anything. After all this time, she doesn't even know that sometimes things in her dreams aren't literal? Come on.

I know what you mean, every dream she acts as its her first.

I couldn't agree more.

Actually, that annoys me even more than my initial pet peeve. Thanks for giving me something new to nag about!

eclecticvewer

[8]Apr 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    Totally agree about Devalos asking her why she couldn't get any visions. He should know by now, definitely.

And yeah, the episode this past week really showed a classic case of Allison just not bothering to try and put two and two together. It bothers me so much when she gets this one single idea in her head that she won't let go of. Then, she calls the "proper authorities" before she even takes a second to think it out. Maybe she should, I don't know, chill out for a second to think before she goes telling cops to accuse people of murder? Then her boss has to do some serious damage control when her Scooby-Doo attitude (a.k.a. "There's a clue! Go after this guy!") points them in the wrong direction.

Edited on 04/16/2008 7:23pm