Medium

Heads Will Roll (2)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 09, 2007 on CBS

• I've seen this plot before!

4.3
    Alfred Hitchcock called it refrigerator logic and he was a master at it. The idea is to take the logic and "freeze it" until the film was over. Then you take it out and let it thaw and you suddenly say "hey wait a minute here!" but the film was so engaging you don't care. That was Alfred Hitchcock. This episode is staggering in its annoyance level. It is a direct copy of last years season finale. Allison has the IQ of a gerbil. She is oblivious to obvious coincidences including Neve Campbell and the reporter smear campaign. She is oblivious to Neve's obvious prying and manipulation. Even when she has a dream about it (cheezy promotion for Deal Or No Deal) she ignores the dream entirely. Suddenly she is chewed apart by Neve at the end. Based on the situation, I don't blame her. I would have done the same thine. I mean it took the police to figure it all out not her. She's the psychic here! I figured it out quickly and efficiently within five minutes of the start of the episode. How can the police be so stupid? Now next week she obviously will catch the killer and suddenly all will be well and our illustrious reporter will make things right as she will find out she is the next victim and the writers will figure out some clever plot device to explain why she was not victim #4. Until then she will be fired and obviously must cope with her exposure. I can feel the pages turning. This was supposed to be the series finale until Medium got renewed as the writers pulled out all stops to do the show (which is about the same as last years season finale) but this time it won't be a dream. Oh well, let us hope for better scripts for next years season finale when a reporter exposes Allison's psychic abilities through a murder case. Oh wait, wasn't that last years finale? One good thing was Joe's subplot. He is obviously dealing with a more realistic senario of how things operate in the world. Will he hum through the situation like he has for the past three weeks or will he come to some closure? Gee, I bet he'll have it all wrapped up. Don't get me wrong. I love Medium. I am its biggest fan but we can do much better Medium. This was junk.