Medium

Labor Pains

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jan 14, 2011 on CBS

• What I liked. What I didn't like.

This episode was predictable in many regards. I don't lay any judgment on that. Predictability, these days seems to be the cornerstone of television; however, Medium has always been able to surprise me in one regard or another.

This episode contains none of the darkness I usually expect from an episode of Medium. You'd think the second last episode of the series would gear up and put a little extra oomph into the show for us but nothing.

Alison was captured quite easily. There was nothing graphic or detailed about how he got into her car and I think an older Medium episode would play off her horror of getting into the vehicle and just as easily she was saved with admittedly no conflict as well.

What bothers me the most though is that you have a dark character like Hoss who receives no backlash and is actually rewarded for his good deeds with a daughter. There appears to be no muddy-lining to the silver cloud as the writers don't even hint that this dark character might not be the most appropriate father. Everyone gets their just rewards, except they don't.

More later, tired.