Medium

Native Tongue

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 05, 2010 on CBS

• Joe the rat

5.5
    Another silly episode with Alison not being able to understand the spoken English language anymore, and Joe behaving like a spoiled child, even thinking of finishing with Alison in favour of a sexy Doctor gave him her number.
  • Could it be that after all these years, Joe has finally had enough when Allison is unable to understand spoken language and his patience is stretched to breaking point.

5.5
    I was really bored with this one right from the outset. So far, most of the episodes this season have been excellent. In my opinion, this one was anything but and I almost turned the television off half way through.

Apart from the fact that Allison is suddenly unable to understand what people are saying when they speak to her, and she dreams of a murder, the main point of this episode is that Joe appears as though he has taken all he can of Allison and her psychic abilities and all of the upheaval and trauma which go along with it. Sometimes, Joe gets peeved, and who can blame him? In this episode, it was plain that he was very close to giving up because he was simply unable to take any more. Thankfully, Devalos is always patient with Allison and listens to her stories, no matter how bizzare they may seem at the time. Scanlon usually gives her the same courtesy but when Joe blows his top, anything goes.

I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens.