Medium

CBS (ended 2011)

pisceandreams

Medium Fan Reviews (248)

• Honey, there's a dead man at the edge of the bed. The life of Allison DuBois is anything but normal, and believe me, this is no 'Sixth Sense.'

NBC has long-since been in the lacking of a good, strong drama (particularly that of a supernatural nature). When first commercial airings for a show entitled "Medium" began airing, I decided that I might give it a try. After all, I was a sometimes-fan of the lead star, Patricia Arquette. The cast was intriguing enough, and I awaited the pilot heartily. I thought it was going to be a mediocre, "it's okay if I miss this week" sort of show, but the first episode completely ripped apart my standpoints. Wow!

To know that this was based on an actual woman made the show all the more interesting, even though it had more than enough twists and turns to keep me loving it. Allison DuBois (Patricia Arquette) has made a great transition to the screen from being a real-life person to the leading woman in a sleeper hit by NBC. Arquette plays out an extremely believable character who just happens to see the dead. She has instant karma with her new boss, D.A. Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval), who is a more sensible side to some of her more intense visions. Along with her husband (Jake Weber), Allison slowly puts the pieces of these puzzles together to undercover a deeper truth.

One of the greatest points of interest is the great chemistry between the lead stars (Arquette & Weber). Although some episodes may get caught up in the current storyline, there's always good quality DuBois family time. From fighting, to the strange habits of their adorable children, to visiting mother-in-laws--"Medium" always keeps a fresh balance of action, mystery, humor and love; all a very refreshing break from many other shows currently on the air.

Although there is no major season-long plot (how could there be, exactly?), the show never fails to enthrall me and keep me tuning in each week. I literally have to fight for the remote some nights, but I make it. Each episode is different in it's own respect, and the writers never fail to come up with a dramatic twist that will throw you completely off (take the brilliantly crafted "Night of the Wolf" for example). I was surprised and over-excited when I found out about the renewal of this wonderful piece of art, and cannot wait for the next season! So give it a try, even if you didn't like "The Sixth Sense."
  • Allison Dubois is a Medium and helps the DA solve crimes, while mainting a family full time.

This show is amazing! Regardless of its ratings or if some people think the show is going down hill, they still tune in. It is a personal favorite of mine, a guilty pleasure, and I find it to be very intriguing. Even the "boring" episodes are entertaining. It's one of those shows, where you can't take your eyes away from the screen until it finishes. You need to see the outcome, who did it and why. Great characters, plots and twists! I also find it fascinating that they mixed a crime/drama show with some sci-fi. It's edgy and Patricia Arquette gets more beautiful with time.
  • I love this show!! It gives me something to look forward to on Monday nights. I don't even turn on the set until close to the time. I heard it may not be coming back? is that true?

Love, Love< love the show. I love the family life, kids, and how they are not always fighting. Just a really nice touch for a change.

Please keep the show running forever, I really look forward to watching it every Monday nights. This is the only reason I like Monday's. Keep up the good work and writing.

Thank you New York I love this show!! It gives me something to look forward to on Monday nights. I don't even turn on the set until close to the time. I heard it may not be coming back? is that true?

• Dont let MEDIUM get cancelled due to low ratings...Pass the word along... Everyone sign this petition to let CBS know that we need to see more promotion or a time-slot change for the show. http://www.petitiononline.com/SaveMed/petition.html

Dont let MEDIUM get cancelled due to low ratings...Pass the word along... Everyone sign this petition to let CBS know that we need to see more promotion or a time-slot change for the show. The ratings have been the lowest EVER! http://www.petitiononline.com/SaveMed/petition.html

• Best tv show I've ever seen. Followed it since day one and wouldn't miss an episode ever. Number 1!!!!!

Number 1!!!!!

This show is never too "gorey" like all the other crime related programs that would make many folks puke. Medium has quality actors, stellar direction and incredible stories in each one. Each episode has many heartwarming messages that relate to real life. Best of all, Medium is about family - real family. If you don't follow Medium, you're missing out big time.

I follow several shows on each network - always have. Medium always goes far beyond my expectations each and every episode. Thanks CBS & fellow fans!

Medium fan!!!
  • i just love medium this is one of my favorite shows and i cant live without it.i cant get enough of medium.This show better stay on because if it doesnt i am going to get a bunch of people 2 strike with me and you will be rated very poorly.I love the show

i just love medium this is one of my favorite shows and i cant live without it. i cant get enough of medium. This show better stay on because if it doesnt i am going to write a bad review on the station that gives this show if your going to cut it off u deserve to be rated poorly and i can get alot of people to help me because im going to strike. im sick of all my favorite shows getting cut off air its annoying and not fair to the viewers and myself who love the shows. Please keep medium its the least you can do considering what you have already done to me ---took off air.I love the story line and Patricia Arquette you are the best keep doing what you do. Thank you from your favorite fan tharanee
  • Geniune family interactions and captivating mystery!

I am so in love with this show. I am intrigued by the paranormal sensitivities. I fell in love with the family, they are so real. The way the kids misbehave and how Joe and Allison interact is the way tv was meant to be. I am addicted to this show like visiting my favorite relatives. I miss them when I don't get to see them. Please write more episodes for the fall season. 22 is not enough and I can speak for all my friends when I say we are sick of the breaks in the episodes. Every friday night would be nice. I would like to see more from the girl's abilities and please change Allisons hair back lol. Seriously though, im 26 years old I don't have children however I do remember a time when television was like this show. Good, REAL ACTING, with a mother that doesn't look like she's trying to be younger than her daughter and a husband that is loyal, supportive, intelligent, and emotionally connected to his wife. This show is so much more than about a woman who dreams about things before they happen.
  • CBS thank you for picking up medium!

Ghost Whisper has died and isn't coming back. I Thought Ghost Whisper was the best show out right now but I was horribly wrong. Every time I'd watch CBS I'd keep hearing of this show medium and it sounded good, but I didn't want to just pick up in the middle of the season and have no idea what was going on. Also, every week my friends would tell me about this awesome show medium. Again it sounded good but I just didn't watch it. Then, Ghost Whisper ended. I was sad and mad because now I would have nothing to do on Friday nights. So, I decided to get Season One, Disc one from the library. If I didn't like it I'd just return it, no big deal. Well, from the opening season I was hooked! I'm glad NBC decided to cancel it and send it over to CBS because otherwise I wouldn't of start watching. I' glad CBs canceled Ghost Whisper because again, I wouldn't have started watching. Medium is Ghost Whisper meets That So Raven meets CSI meets Full House. Alison must deal with cases she has dreams about while dealing with family issues. And…. It gets better. Medium is based on a true story. Alison, Joe, Arial Bridgette and Marie Dubois are real people and family issues that are shown on the how are real. Cases in the show are based off of real cases but very slightly because the real Alison didn't want to bring back old memories for the families of the victims. So, Thanks again NBC for ending medium and CBS for brining it back!
  • THIS IS A GREAT SHOW. PLEASE WATCH IT AND RATE IT. KEEP IT ON THE AIR!!!!

I love this show. The characters are believable and the story lines are always interesting. The kids are great and they are what makes it seem more believable considering the subjects of the show. I did not like the change from the DA's office but I am getting use to it. I will continue watching as long as they keep it on the air. I do not personally believe any of this is possible and I guess that is why I like it. It is pure entertianment to me. If people look at this way how could it not be a favorite. I just have trouble knowing when it is on. I always find just by accident. Please, keep it on a regular schedule.
  • Allison and Joe DuBois seem to be an ordinary couple with three young daughters but the reality, at least where Allison is concerned, is far different.

Allison and Joe DuBois (played by Patricia Arquette and Jake Weber) live in Phoenix, Arizona with their three young daughters; Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) Bridgette (Maria Lark) and Marie (Miranda Carabello.)

Joe is a pretty normal guy who works in the field of aerospace engineering while Allison, who was once studying Law, has a most unusual job working part-time for the Phoenix District Attorney, Maneul Devalos (Miguel Sandoval.) You see, Allison is a psychic who has revealing dreams, visits from the dead and visions of both the past and the future. She uses these gifts to assist D.A. Devalos and his team solve crimes. She is often assigned to work with Detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt) who, at least in the beginning, finds it very difficult to swallow that Allison has these so-called 'talents'.

As time goes on, Allison proves herself invaluable to the Phoenix PD and the D.A.'s office but she still has to juggle being a wife and mother whilst coping with sleep depravation at the same time.

The character of Allison DuBois is based on a real person who claims to have the same abilities as the television persona, in fact, she is a consultant for the series. Whether or not you believe in such things, you will find that 'Medium' is an excellent series and Patricia Arquette and Miguel Sandoval in particular deliver great performances on a regular basis.

If you like something a little different, then this show is for you.
  • Usually I don't like this paranormal stuff in crime stories. But this show deals with it brilliantly!

Once I got Medium on DVD and I had never seen the show before that night. I thought I'd watch a couple of episodes and then go to bed. Eventually I went to sleep only in the morning. I couldn't stop till I watched the whole season! And since then I'm a real fan.
    I've loved Patricia Arquette for a long time. But now she's not that crazy chick from True Romance or the femme fatale from Lost Highway. She's a lady named Allison, a caring mother and wife who has some special... abilities. Those abilities help her (and the police) in solving crimes and catching criminals.
    It's the 5th season and the show is still marvelous. The plot is so carefully written that even though I can hardly stand those superpower tricks in crime-shows I can't say a bad word about Medium!
    And by the way... opening credits are fabulous!
  • Joe must be the best husband ever. Great episode but the endind was not as fullfilling as usual.

This episode of Medium was great. I totally love how nothing shakes Joe anymore. He takes everything in stride. Wife building a bomb...no problem lets just load the manure up and take it back to the store.
    I must admit that Bridgette is still my favorit character. This week she took lots of advantage of her parent's distraction. She outsourced her chores to Marie, "Come on everyone does it..." and then proceeded to use half a bottle of syrup on two pancakes.
    The end result of the show was not what I was used to. It was not as fullfilling as I would have liked. I think the man who built the original bomb should have gone to jail but maybe his guilt was worse in the long run.
  • I too loved the show until I saw the real "Allison" on Bravo. Yuck! She conveyed a very unlikeable person unlike Particia Arquet (sp) who I think is wonderful.

After seeing the real Alison on Bravo TV along with Camile Grammer, who I didn't realize was part of production, I decided that I would never watch the show again. Character is lacking for both women and anyone who can look down their nose to another human being is not to benefit from my viewer-ship. I loved the show but despise that these two women benefited from it. Take it off the air so these women will have time to rebuild some true character and dignity. No medium should ever take their gift to humiliate or scare someone. The real Allison said "I know how she is going to die and what will happen to her family" all with a smile on her face as if her knowing gave her power over an advisary. Shame on you for using your gift to hurt instead of help.
  • In Season 4 Medium has outdone itself once again and proved there are things beyond this world whether we choose to ignore them or not.

Medium ventures outside conventional ways of looking at things. This is A-grade acting and writing at its best.

I find Medium is sometimes biased towards certain viewpoints, which annoys me somewhat, for example - the disturbed boy who she could have stopped from shooting himself but if she had stopped him he would have grown up to become a murderer. So she concludes he was "better off dead". I find this side of the series harsh. However one thing I will never accuse Medium of is being unoriginal, not clever, and not full of twists and dynamic characters. There is a lot of depth to this series that takes some time to understand - it's the kind of show you need to stick with for at least half a season or more before judging.
  • A really good show that takes a different approach to the crime drama.

This show takes a leap by showing how the justice system sometimes avail themselves of the help of psychics. It goes deeper to show us the life of the psychic, Allison Dubois, and her family. Her relationship with her husband is a great aspect to watch unfold along with the cases as they're solved. It's interesting to see how the family as a whole reacts to Allison embracing her abilities and using them for the 'greater good.' The characters are strong and well flushed out as well as the relationships between the main characters. It's definitely a show to watch.
  • Season one caught me by surprise. And Patricia Arquette won a well-deserved Emmy.

7.8
    Watched this pilot last year. Was a bit curious. Before I knew it I was hooked. Story telling is very well done through the use of dream imagery and the domestic relationships really ground the series in reality. In addition to the interesting "A" stories, the kids are adorable and Jake Webber does a fine job as the husband. Do yourself a favor and give this one a shot.
  • Loved this show until I saw the "real" Allison on another show on BravoTV.

Loved this show until I saw the "real" Allison on another show on BravoTV called The Housewives of Beverly Hills. The real Allison has no class unlike the character played in the show. She's honestly a nut, fraud and horrible person. And to top it off the producer Camille Grammer (Kelsey Grammer's wife) is a caddy, low class, jerk. I lost all respect for those involved with this show because of the behavior of Allsion and Camille on that BravoTV show and can never watch it again. Hope it goes off the air, because Camille and Allison don't deserve for it to continue!!
  • Medium

I have been watching Medium since the very first show and have watched every show since that first season. I love it. It has suspense and action. I love the characters, I love the story line. It has a little of everything you're looking for. When I heard that Channel 4 cancelled it, I was so upset until I heard that CBS picked it up. NBC's loss. I think that putting it on after Ghost Whisperer couldn't have been a better choice. This year seems to have some great story lines. I hope to see this show for many more seasons.
  • One of the best shows on TV.

This show is without a doubt one of my all time favorites. The family life makes everything seem so real. Patricia Arquette is a very talented actress and plays Allison in an unbelievably convincing way. I'm am so happy to hear CBS has picked it up. I always thought I belonged there, and next to Ghost Whisperer too! The story lines just get better each passing year. I hope season 6 is a good as the amazing bone-chilling finale we were left with in May. I am so glad that the show is begining in September this year and getting a full 22 episode like it deserves to.
  • excellant show. great story line. the young actors that play the kids are really good. i just can't say enough great things about this show. and i'm not one to get on line a do this sort of thing. but when i heard it was going off air, i was so mad.

One of my favorite show ever. I like everyone of the actors, the story lines, everything about it. please don't take it off the tv. i missed part of the end story so i will have to rent the cd when it comes out i guess. i taped it for one hour but missed the end. i love the way the husband and wife dicuss things and work things out. wonderful to see that it can be done. i know it's only a tv show but it's a good influense on people and families. need more like it. and the story line is different. i had a friend who use to have dreams and if she dreamed something 3 times i a row i usually came true. so this show is very real to me. keep it going.
  • My favorite show ever! Creepy stories, beautiful family stories, and great acting and writing by all!

This show is without a doubt one of the best shows on television today. Filled with brilliant writing, directing, and phenomenal acting, it easily traverses the distance between family drama and crime drama, with a touch of the supernatural thrown in to make it interesting. The crimes are often macabre and the psychic touches suitably creepy to give one chills while watching (and maybe even cause a few sleepless nights!). But the heart of this show is the personal dynamics of the relationships that Allison has with those around her, how her psychic ability affects those relationships, and how she deals with this. Her relationships with her co-workers (Devalos and Scanlon) are warm and friendly, with the two of them having developed an affinity for her over the years, and having come to rely on her gift to help them solve often heinous crimes. They have become very protective of her and her gift since their friendship began. But it is her relationships with her family, husband Joe and daughters Ariel, Bridget and Marie, that are the heart of the show, and what make it compelling to watch. Joe is a loving, supportive husband who has come to accept his wife's gift as part of who she is, and no matter how it disrupts his sleep at night, he is always there for her. He is often the voice of reason that keeps Allison grounded when her dreams send her into a tailspin, as they are wont to do. And despite all of this, their relationship remains strong and connected, and they share a deep, unbreakable bond that makes their relationship one of the most beautiful on television, and helps them to survive whatever life throws at them. Their daughters have all inherited Allison's gift, which sometimes creates tension in the household, particularly with teenage daughter Ariel, whose struggles with growing pains, coupled with the weight of this ability, causes some beautiful moments between mother and daughter as Allison helps her to learn how to cope with this, as well as some teen angst as she rebels against her parents' rule. Middle daughter Bridget and youngest daughter Marie are both precociously adorable. All of the girls are perfectly written and played, and all of the dynamics of the family are so real to life that this family could be any family living on your street, save for the fact that the mother sees dead people!! The actors are all amazing, particularly (well-deserved) Emmy winner Patricia Arquette as Allison Dubois, and Jake Weber as husband Joe. Sofia Vassilieva, Maria Lark, and Miranda and Madison Carabello are all perfect as the Dubois daughters, and David Cubitt and Miguel Sandoval are equally wonderful as Scanlon and Devalos. Great show!! MUST SEE!!
  • I miss MEDIUM. It is the best show on T.V. Nothing like has been seen for a long time. Bring it back

The show MEDIUM is inspiring and well put together. It isn\'t for the lame brain as most T.V. shows are with their boobs hanging out or the same dialog you\'ve seen repeated. It\'s interesting, thought provoking and without it I refuse to watch T.V. except maybe Ghost Whisperer but it\'s a little annoying what with all the different wigs. What\'s that about? Anyway, bring MEDIUM BACK, P L E A S E !
  • AMAZING!

I was very impressed by the pilot. It quickly set up how this woman got into helping solve crimes. We did not have to slog though a long set-up, because it got quickly to the action.

I liked seeing her husband and daughters. Her husband was portrayed as a very supportive man. I already care about how she will handle this atypical job and be with her family. Will she have to do a lot of traveling, being away from home?

She is a strong character. I liked how she stood up to the sheriff (or police chief, whomever). And with moments like "Tell him you know about the kiss." we see that she is also very perceptive with a quick mind.

In spite of her strengths, she also showed a natural reaction to being odd/different. I also appreciated her frustration when she felt that what she was trying to do was for nothing.

This episode had good acting, drama, suspense, humor. And it wasn't creepy. I'm really looking forward to future episodes.
  • Alison Dubri is a normal wife and mother. She wakes up in the morning, makes breakfast, takes the kids to school, goes to work, comes home, makes dinner, goes to sleep. Dreams that something horrible is going happening and REPEATS.

This show is about a wife and mother with three little girls living in the state of ARZ. She lives a normal life, you know taking care of the kids going to work, cuddling with her husband until night time comes, where she dreams of murders, kidnappings, shootings and robbarys and has to wake up the next morning and go to work--the DA's office and help them solve whatever case she dreamed off, When shes awake she has visions and sees ghosts. Alison is your ordinary Medium.
    This show always keeps you guessing and the best part is that it gets the audience involved. I love trying to figure out the case before alison does. With her dreams and visons as clues. I hardly ever win though, lol. Medium is funny and suspenseful and the best part is, that its based on a real medium.
  • Great show!

One of the best shows! It is minus foul language and explicit sex, and is refreshing! Based on a true story it gets inside the minds of criminal investigators, and explores details involved to solve crimes. Scary at times, but also mixes family fun situations to keep the viewer interested.
  • great show.

Allison DuBois (Patricia Arquette) is a strong-willed mother of three, a devoted wife and law student who starts to believe that she can talk to dead people, see the future in her dreams, and read people's thoughts. Fearing for her mental health, she turns for support to her husband Joe (Jake Weber), an aerospace engineer, who slowly comes to believe that what his wife is telling him just might be true, upon discovering that some of her dreams match the details of a murder in Texas.

The real challenge is initially convincing her boss, D.A. Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) - and subsequently the other doubters in the criminal justice system - that her psychic abilities can give them the upper hand when it comes to solving violent and horrifying crimes, whose mysteries often reside with those who lie beyond the grave. Information on certain people or crimes come to her in dreams or visions in cryptic forms, and often do not mean what they seem to.

All of her daughters appear to have inherited Allison's gift, with Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) and Bridgette (Maria Lark) also having visions or dreams, which usually occur when their mother is in a bind in searching for answers to her own dreams. In Season 3, Allison's youngest daughter, Marie (Madison and Miranda Carabello), is also shown to have a paranormal inclination. Currently, she has only been shown to watch a premium TV channel that the family does not subscribe to, as well as reading the mind of her optometrist in order to pass her sight test. Bridgette never appears to be bothered by her abilities, while Ariel usually has a harder time trying to cope with a gift she knows very little about.

Allison's younger half brother, Michael "Lucky", has the family gift too, but doesn't like to acknowledge it much, since it always seems to bring him trouble.

Allison is often accompanied by Det. Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt), who initially did not believe in her "gift". Allison often bends the rules of the law when she is determined to stop a crime from happening about which she's had a vision. Additionally, Allison has helped and been helped by Captain Kenneth Push of the Texas Rangers (Arliss Howard), who is the first law-enforcement person to whom Allison revealed her gift, and Cynthia Keener (Anjelica Huston) of AmeriTips.
  • I find this show engaging, well written, well acted and entertaining. It wisely keeps away from the macabre and sexual titillation, and shows the human side of psychics. The family life is realistic and provides a warm backdrop to the sometimes brutal c

I like this show. I like the acting and the story lines and the ordinariness of the premise. I like the self-doubt and the skepticism and the humanness portrayed by the main characters. Although I like the paranormal content of the show, what makes it a winner for me is the characterization which is very well done. Although the medium herself and her husband are portrayed as likeable characters, they are shown as sometimes flawed, insecure, doubting and impatient, all in a realistic way. I like that there are not often cut and dry solutions to the weekly plots and episodes. It makes you believe that these people could be your next door neighbours. I like that.
  • Great Show with a good cast.

The intriguing twists an turns in this show are great. There's no constant weeping and wanting people to go into the light. This is a show which can seriously creep you out with dead serial killers coming back to haunt you and supposed upstanding dead FBI agents trying to help put killers away, but then turn around and want to kill you because you won't do their bidding, but then theirs the side where good an evil are easily separated by the heroics of Allison DuBois. Medium is a show where you can never quite be sure what your watching.
  • Week after week, I find myself excited to see the latest episode. Tonight I was rewarded by one episode that I missed during the latest 2009/2010 season: "How to Beat a Bad Guy". WOW!

This was a WOW! I always enjoy the episodes of Medium. But tonight, watching a rerun of one show I happened to have missed during this 09/10 season, I had to find a way to express my feelings on the writing, the directing, the acting. The ingenuity of each case week to week is impressive. In this episode, I was very much involved --- you grabbed my attention from the very beginning. I appreciate Patricia Arquette's acting so much. I am always hooked whenever Scanlon is working with her character. Tonight, I was hooked into Scanlon and this was one suberb entertainment offering! Thank you.
  • Great Series!

This show is great! It's one of my fav series. My SIL kept talking about this series and I'm glad that I started watching the show. I hope it has several more seasons. I hope that they are able to keep the series going strong. I hope the writers can figure out a way to have Kurtwood Smith come back as a reoccuring role. He is a very talented actor and I loved the episodes he starred in.
    I was excited to see that Lifetime started airing reruns of the episodes. Netflix has the seasons available to rent as well.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9