Medium

CBS (ended 2011)

pisceandreams

Medium Fan Reviews (247)

• miss miss miss this show

i don't like much on tv... loved this show. miss it still. i love the plots, twists and family members. I miss this show else like it.
  • I like the family life shown in Medium

I acknowledge that some of the episodes were a little hokey but I enjoyed watching the family life portrayed in Medium. I read some of the reviews describing Patricia Arquette's Allison as wooden, whiny and tiresome. I think she does a good job with her character. One person said she was a 'know it If you can see into the future and talk to dead people maybe you would come off as a smarty pants, but that comes with the territory. Someone complained because there were so many scenes of them in the bedroom in their PJ's. That's the way life can be sometimes when both partners work and they have three children to care for. Sometimes it seems like you no sooner get home from work, eat and clean up that's it's time to get the kids ready for bed and put on your own PJs and go to bed. Most times Allison and Joe kept talking to each other even through the tough times. I think the scenes with the kids were funny and true-to-life. I thought it was difficult for Joe to play Mr. Mom while Allison was out at night being a psychic crime dog but in reality many of us work long and inconvenient hours while our spouse may not. It's life and I think the show Medium portrayed it well.
  • Create Season 8!

Will any of the smart networks . CBS, think of bringing this back? Will the original cast sign on for another season of unique, heart tugging, exciting, and just great episodes?

Just asking. Would be great if we can get any reply....

• I loved this show so much!

This was one of my favorite shows. The last episode was unexpected and very sad but this was a great show.
  • We need it BACK

I watched this fantastic show from the first show. My niece in Portland loved it too. I didn't know it was being taken off and I was so shocked at the last show. This show had a talented cast and original stories. I could related to Allison because she was so real-life. I also, loved the relationship between Allison and Joe. Joe was such a sweetheart. Please, please, please bring it back. I watched the reruns until they took them off. I'm not crazy about cop shows but this was such a different take on a part-cop show. I would watch them all over again if they were being aired.
  • PLEASE MAKE 8th SEASON

please make 8th season and more. I really love it more than another serial tv. Medium had a brilliant stories. I never missed every single episode on it. Their actings were very normal, pure, and natural. Salute! Hope there will be 8th season and more. And one thing, I really hate the ending. The ending of story was very silly. Gee!! I never expected that story. There would be nice if Dubois was not dead. And they can be happy together forever. One more time please please please make 8th season for me and us, your fans. I really really love it. ^^
  • Just made a new freind and now they,ve gone

Started watching this recently when my wife started watching it.Normally i dont really watch her programs but i got sucked into this big time.I think i started to watch it from somewhere around the end of series two and i had got up to about the start of series four when i decided to find out a bit more about the series only to find out it had been cancled half way through series seven.just watched the whole of series seven,not sure what to make of the finale,only to say its a great series and i absolutly love it
  • The best

In psych themes this is the best drama ever.

The family parts are great, specially the couple Allisson and Joe.

I really liked it.

The only thing that I did not like was the final episode.
  • The Best Show Ever

It's really strange how come some ppl didn't like it, it's great show, i really adore all the actors specially lovely Patricia.

Thank you to all who contribute in that great show
  • Worst Acting in a TV series goes to Patricia Arquette who got paid $225,000 per episode for Medium.

Absolutely the worst acting I have ever seen. I am a director. This series which I streamed via Netflix made me want to give up.

I had to stop watching after the third episode.

What's the point if such awful acting skills are rewarded with that kind of paycheck?

Patricia's interpretation of Allison's character is that of a bored and whining one dimensional zombie, lacking in any emotional range. Useless as an intriguing drama because of this worst actress ever.
  • worst show ever created

0.5
    so happy its gone..ridiculously bad acting all around...same tired premise every week.my wife loved it btw...ill never watch again
  • OMG .. Patricia A is sooo bad at acting. Bad crying scenes, bad facial expressions, bad acting, bad voice!! OMG!!

OMG .. Patricia A is sooo bad at acting. If this was cast with someone with some talent it would have been great. Jake Webber is superb and so are all the kids and all the side actors. She is soo soo soo fake .. am I the only one who thinks so? Common ... didn't the producers realize this?? I mean have you seen that woman start to cry?? I just stop the TV .. take a deep breath and fast forward the crying scene every time ... it is so annoying.

The story line is superb and all the supporting actors are great!!. This woman should NEVER act again .. she is that bad!! she got worse over the seasons as well. I know that the story is supposed to support her intution ... but every time she tries to convince about something I just want to run away and never look at the show.

Please recast this woman with someone with evenminimaltalent and have medium show again. I will NEVER ever put myself through the torture watching Patricia A again ... I just loved the story line and Jake Webber so much that I suffered through Medium even with this freaking annoying woman!!!

• The show is getting very boring after season 3. A better actress would save the show, however 'Allison' became more and more annoying, plain acting and bad facial expression.

It was a good show at the begining, interesting storylines, good twist in the murder cases. However along with the show going on, I realised Allison and her husband always in bed, talking in an extremely annoying voice after Allison woke up in a bad dream. Intelligence or even common sense is important for normal people, however it looks like psychics are extremely stupid to figure out what is going on based on simple analysis of dreams by 'Thinking'. The show was too 'Allison' centred (plus boring Dubois family) and no development of any other interesting characters. If the sweet family and real-life scenes are the core principles of the show, sorry, it failed too. Allison is not a caring mother, smart enough to be sensitive to understand her kids, or to help them solving daily problems,even to cook good food for her young kids, no mention whenever they did have bad dreams,an ability inherited from her. Any good mother will know how to love your own kids,to be caring, sensitive and supportitve. Only blame Patricia's bad acting here. The actors and actresses are all too aged, no fresh exciting blood in the show. All in all, Allison's bad acting ruined the show, it's a shame!
  • I used to watch this show. After seeing the Bravo show with the "real" Alison.. no way ever again.

I used to watch this show, after seeing the "real" Alison on the Bravo show.. no way ever again. There was something very dark about her behavior on that show. The things she said and her complete lack of grace or ethics where her "gift" was concerned was shocking. I have always enjoyed Patricia Arquettess acting and can hardly believe she really knows this woman and her behavior and still agrees to portray her. Her comment about how she loves the fact that she knows how one of the women dies and what happens to her family and how if their children came up missing they would all come groveling back to her stayed with me for days. . and not in a good way.
  • BAD Decission "real" Allison!!

I LOVED the show when it was on NBC... LOVE Patricia Arquet(?) But lost some interest when it switched to CBS but still watched... Lost ALL interest when I just saw the "real" allison on the real housewives episode!! Wow! what a nut job! It sure was a good thing for her that the show was already in cancelation or Im tellin ya, if it wasnt already it would be after that!! She is NOTHING like the woman Patricia A. portrays on the show! THAT Allison is shown to be morally sound, ethical, and a really nice and compationate person! The "real" Allison is a braggert, caddy, beligerant, errogant, and rude! This woman is a mother?? A role model?? Sorry, not one I'd want for my children! She said some pretty rude things on this show that showed that she was not very responsible! Making comments about that Kyle womans children?! That is off limits, im sorry! Grow up there chick!
    And for those of you who may say, "it's just a show, its not real"... Really? Its fake? Who in Gods name would WANT to make themself look THAT bad?! Not any respectable person I know!
    Good luck to your career now Honey! Guess you really didnt see that one comming huh?!
  • Boring, predictable and annoying

2.5
    My first review and its with a kind of bitter joy that I void by bile duct on this pile of poop show.

Where do I begin? Ok, lets start with the same, tired opening each week, in which Allison has a dream where she sees something bad happening, only to awake confused, (wtf? how many times has this happened and she's still upset by it???), and to be comforted by her annoyingly docile husband Joe. What is the matter with this guy, if I got woke up by the wife every bloody night, I'd tell her to sod off to the other bedroom, but I guess that's just me. Anyway, I digress. Once Allison is awake, cue much whispering and hushed voices about what has happened, normally followed by a lame joke from Joe. In fact much of the day is spent with Allison talking to Joe in a hushed voice and vice-versa, speak up for God's sakes !
    Joe gets up for work, time for the 'family around the kitchen table' scene, where saccharin-sweet children, (sorry, I can't remember their names), pester parents for their trip to school. In fact, this adrenaline pumping ritual is performed also in every show. Thankfully, before the viewer can pass out with the sheer excitement of it all, we cut away to Allison convincing the DA to believe her latest dreamscape and to have people arrested/homes raided/ land dug-up (delete as appropriate). This of course, he does without question, just as a DA would in real-life. Cue Allison being proved to be 'wrong', also cue much bewilderment from her about how she was so sure she was right. Pad out the middle of the show with more hushed talking between Allison and Joe whilst in bed, some cut scenes with Allison arguing with DA / Bad Man/Woman/Dog, bit more with Joe moaning about his job, finishing with Allison being proved right all along. Yawn.

I suppose to be fair, Ghost Whisperer is of a similar vein, and is almost as predictable, but at least the plots change a BIT. Plus its got JLH to look at.
  • Let me touch you and learn you darkest secrets.

Allison DuBois is special. Been special for all her life, and spent most of it trying to hide that special gift. Then, one day, she decides to quit her law studies and spend her time exploring this gift she has spent so much time hiding.

Little by little, Allison gets more and more involved in helping the D.A. as a "consultant". Helping to catch and ensure the bad guys pay for their crimes. Just don't expect any flash demon fighting or fast action chases; Allison is a medium in the "real" world. Dealing with real-world problems and sceptics.

While the stories are good; intelligent even. It's the acting that lets the show down, the acting of just one person. There are scenes with Patricia Arquette that make me think "wooden", but then maybe I'm just a perfectionist.
  • Medium started out great. The last few shows however are just creepy! A bowl of fingers? A killer in her head? This kind of writing is uncalled for. And to think I missed something else for this? Get back to the basics.

1.8
    I'm disgusted. If the writers think grossness is a major selling point then you've lost me & millions of others who don't appreciate the blood & gore or the bowl of "ladies fingers" or mens fingers as in the beginning of tonite's show. That's when I grabbed the remote & wrote off your show. Too bad. It started out so good. Did you change writers? If so you need to fire these & hire the old ones.
  • lame show about some female know-it-all

1.3
    i dont like this show at all,
    this show is just about some middle aged lady who can feel, sense or see all kinds of stuff so that sheknows it all. now wheres the fun in that? there is no anticipating, mystery solving, doubting, making mistakes or anything interesting whatsoever. i really dont understand why anybody would wanna watch something this boring. i mean ghost whisperer is way cooler than this show cos its kind of intense and confusing, but watch this show is so not worth your time unless you like to watch people who think they know all
  • Why show animal abuse?

Sorry, I could not finish watching this one. The December 13, 2006 episode was getting interesting, until the little dog was about to get...I changed the channel at that point. There are many disturbing images in MEDIUM every week and I understand that is a part of the shock value of the series. But, why show animal abuse? Being active in the ASPCA, I cannot condone visual messages such as the one presented in the December 13th episode.
  • I will never watch your show again! It focuses too much on graphic violence then psychic abilities! After all the show is named \'Medium\'

I have been watching \'Medium\' from the very first show. I have lately considered aborting this show because it\'s become to graphically violent for me. Yesterday show was the icing on the cake! The scene with the animal abuse did it for me! I know animal abuse takes place among sick members of our society, but I don\'t want to see it up close & personal. Would you also show a baby being abused?
    I talked to my daughter and 3 of my friends about the show & all were disgusted & we will never watch it again!

a disgusted x fan!
  • Entertaining at times.

I think I have been very much bored with this show for the most part. It is not a bad show, it is just not a great show, at least to me. I have found it to be very slow and predictable, and also very unoriginal. I don't think that the show is very interesting after a few episodes because you know what to expect. I have to say that the show has some decent actors and some decent drama. I think that it tries to stretch its storylines a bit to far, which is a thing I don't care much for. Thank you.
  • Allisons character doesn't feel solid, she complains,whines,and at times seems very clueless on what she is doing.I mean look at Ghost Whisperer,her talent is a gift and Allison is clueless.Have kids use their medium abilities.Allison can teach them.

Really enjoy that this show is psychic sci-fi. Don't really care for Allison so much. Might need to change her character or get someone new. She seems to whinning or clueless. I would think she would be able to handle her being Medium by now. Or at least accept it or something. Look at Ghost Whisperer, she considers her talent a gift. She doesn't complain or whine. She actually nows what to do. Allison just needs to bring it up a notch or something. Have her actually figure out sometimes what she sees the Department might not be able to help her and she might have to do things on her own.
  • I love the trill and suspense in the show, but take out the face slicing and stabbing! The fact that one of her daughters has similar dreams is even more reason to clean it up! Let us bring some sort of values back to TV!

Medium should be a healthy family show expressing a little fantasy and drama. People could get shot or killed but we don't have to show horrible details of multiple razor slices on girls faces. Give us a show how that one can relax watch and even relate to. Occasionally we can sit on the edge of our chair but we should not have nightmares nor see horrible acts of violence that seem to become a norm in society.
    Perhaps if we use a rule of thumb..."little or no blood", the writers might have to become a little more creative to keep our attention!

Patricia Arquette, could become the cool mom that that solves crimes and protects her TV Family. THe episode where Mrs. Dubois goes into the mind of the criminal was great and that is what made that episode not her imitating a monster with an "exacto". Can you imagine the fear a child might feel towards it's own mother after watching explicit murders. People complain about sex during prime time....this far more dangerous. I have been following Nancy Gray's shows and I am shocked at the fact that that there has been a series of moms killing their own babies. What good is medium going to do for our society if they don't clean up the episodes!
  • Can they 'get-a-clue' this season?

I do like this show. But after watching for so long, I know that "what Allison dreams" is twisted from reality. She goes all-in with: “this person did this“; but, it always turns out that her dream is off-base. I am now finding that her naiveté to such a relative fact, is becoming a turn-off of this show. I’ve only been watching for a few years… but: Allison has had these kinds of dreams all her life; and, Joe's been with her for 15+ years; and, she's been with the ADA for how many years? I just think she/they should have a better handle on how her dreams work by now…
  • I'm trying to like this show.....

it's on lifetime and I love lifetime...so I tune in every night to see what's on and lately Medium has been on and I'm somewhat intrigued by the idea of the show so I've been watching it, but I am tiring of it already. It seems as though Allison and her husband are either going to bed or getting up from bed or waking up from bad dreams. I think there are too many pajama scenes. And the last two episodes I've watched were disjointed. There were twists in the plot that never got resolved. I like the concept and I love the actors, but I can't like the show too much right now. I will keep trying, though!
  • Canadian not happy with new spin on Medium this year.

I'm not happy at all about the direction that Medium has taken this year. For the last three years, Medium has been my ALL-TIME favourite show, but unfortunately it now no longer holds my attention. Not only is the tension gone, but also the graphics. Believe me, I am not one to watch bloody gore just because I live in a time where the media has dulled my sense of reality. However, I am not interested in going "family" when I'm used to "Adult Accompaniment Advised". The show has become lame in it's attempt to initiate the masses. I personally would rather watch the old version past my regular bed time, than have to watch this dulled version during prime time.
  • A train wreck... you shouldn't watch but can't look away. Tiresome writing.

3.5
    The gruesome work life of Allison juxtaposed with her sugary sweet home life is nauseating. It's like the writers decided to make her family life extra sweet to offset all the grisly images they present as part of her work with the DA. The plot with her being a psychic is already not quite believable and neither is her family. Scenes of the sickeningly sweet bedtime stories and children demanding good night kisses then cut to Allison dreaming some horrible crime... it gets tiring. I've started going back and watching the previous seasons that I haven't seen before and I'm glad Medium is only on once a week. The teenage angst plot with Ariel leaves me crying "Enough already! I get it you spoiled brat!" And the pudgy androgynous middle child always taunting her "younger sister" gets annoying after awhile. It is as if the parents are helpless to stop the sibling rivalry. Allison is almost depicted as a deadbeat mom. Sure she feeds them in the morning and yells at them to hurry up with their breakfasts and get ready for school. But where is she when the kids need help with homework or when someone has a dream? Joe is often left to handling dream explanations to the kids, an area he's not suited for. He's always telling them it's just a dream and not to worry when Allison should be hearing about the psychic dreams her children are having. Something about it makes me keep coming back for more episodes. It's like a train wreck, I want to look away but can't.
  • Allison Dubois is a Medium and helps the DA solve crimes, while mainting a family full time.

This show is amazing! Regardless of its ratings or if some people think the show is going down hill, they still tune in. It is a personal favorite of mine, a guilty pleasure, and I find it to be very intriguing. Even the "boring" episodes are entertaining. It's one of those shows, where you can't take your eyes away from the screen until it finishes. You need to see the outcome, who did it and why. Great characters, plots and twists! I also find it fascinating that they mixed a crime/drama show with some sci-fi. It's edgy and Patricia Arquette gets more beautiful with time.
  • I love this show!! It gives me something to look forward to on Monday nights. I don't even turn on the set until close to the time. I heard it may not be coming back? is that true?

Love, Love< love the show. I love the family life, kids, and how they are not always fighting. Just a really nice touch for a change.

Please keep the show running forever, I really look forward to watching it every Monday nights. This is the only reason I like Monday's. Keep up the good work and writing.

Thank you New York I love this show!! It gives me something to look forward to on Monday nights. I don't even turn on the set until close to the time. I heard it may not be coming back? is that true?