Medium

The Darkness is Light Enough

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 01, 2006 on CBS

• Blurring the lines.

Joe has been working late for a week now and Allison must cope with her dreams all by herself but when Davalos takes her to parole board duty she connect the dots to the woman of her visions. Davalos however, reacts as the typical district attorney: "the man does the crime he must do the time!". Unable to consider even the possibility one of the prisoners may actually be a wrongfully accused case (and the next victim about to be attacked by the real criminal), he does let her go to Scanlon, if they come up with something, and only if they come up with something, he’ll consider the possibility and that’s it.

Allison multitasks between her children and Joe's errands so by the time she reaches Scanlon’s office he already has somebody waiting for him, someone who happens to be the person from her vision, a blind woman named Kathleen. Now, those of you who have seen "Lost" know how bad it is when sparks start flying between the married & the taken like it happened with Sun and Michael or Kate and Sawyer, now when the audience is actually rooting for them then we know their marriages/relationships are in troubles. Case in question: dashing yet emotionally unavailable detective with married mother of 3; who get caught up on their own version of the "lets go to the kitchen!" dynamic once Kathleen invades Scanlon's personal space in order to prove there's someone stalking her, after a couple of "I had a vision" hints Lee is willing to do as Allison says, even if it means to protect someone otherwise he wouldn’t bother to.

Just like Joe, I wouldn't know how to react if my significant other wakes up in the middle of the night to call a stranger at 2 AM, I would definitely consider it a problem if said stranger is not even surprised to get the phone call and does everything to reassure my significant other before they see each other the next morning. As bad as things may be with his job, Joe should be a little more proactive when it comes to Scanlon or his job might not be the only thing he could lose.

In the end, the wrongfully accused prisoner was the key to solve the mystery of Kathleen's stalker: her next door neighbor who happened to commit the crime for which Davalos imprisoned an innocent man. There's a happy ending for Joe too as his rival is revealed as inexperienced to take his job (now it's time for him to pay attention to the other rival in his life, or at least acknowledge his existence).