Medium

Time Keeps on Slipping

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 07, 2010 on CBS

• So bad.

I have never seen a worse episode of Medium. In this episode Ariel is supposed to be losing time. Eventually she discovers that she is losing time in order to go into the future to prevent it from even occuring (I know, backwards). But that's not what really gets me. Yes, it is disturbing that Ariel never physically ages but that's not the worst of it.

To me, the very worst aspect of this episode is that Ariel seems to lose time at the most inopportune time. First, when Ms. Kerrigan is killed and then when her mother is killed. Also, why does her losing time have to directly coincide with her "husband's" crimes. The way this episode is set up the only way that would be in anyway feasible (even on a paranormal level) would be for "husband" to be the one who is causing her to lose time. And of course, that is not the case. Also if they were going to relate Ariel's experience to the way Allison's normally are then: Ariel would probably have beenacting in a manner close to the way the murder victimacted directly prior to being killed or in a manner similar to how the murderer did. In many of the episodes in which Allison cannot account for her behavior this is usually the case.

One much smaller thing that bothered me after finishing the episode is remembering the dream Allison had at the beginning of the episode.This should have triggered something for Allison when Ariel mentions losing time for the first time, but the dream is never referred back to, leading me to believe that this episode is a hodge podge of use and don't use.

I felt like this episode was a waste of my time and I really hope I can black it out and enjoy the rest of the show.