TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Meerkat Manor Forums

Animal Planet (ended 2009)

Discussion: "Meerkat Manor: The Story Begins" (possible spoilers)

phf3947

[1]May 22, 2008
    • level: 71
    This documentary premieres on May 25, 2008. Let's discuss it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattThom01

[2]May 25, 2008
    • level: 11

Just got done watching it...it was OK, but lacked the charm of the show. Also saw the sneak peek of the upcoming season...NOT a fan of the new narrator.

Losing Sean as narrator may really hurt the show.

Clarksgirl83

[3]May 25, 2008
    • level: 3
    I saw the movie and was a little disappointed that it was not the real flower they showed as a pup, because i Heard someone say on the making that it was a re inactment. I also got a little confused at parts. ON the show they say at the begining that the cameras are out 24 hours a day, but on the making it showed that the cameramen are actually out there filling.. Also on the movie it showed that Yousarrian was dominate male to Flower's sister and that he never mated with Flower, when Flower became dominate she automatically chose Zaphod as her mate. BUT on the shows i thought it was said that Yousarrian was actually Flower's partner at one time, since Kinkajou and Mozart are both half sisters.

dancingbeatle

[4]May 27, 2008
    • level: 45
    Was it ever said what happened to Flower's father?

Cruise_meerkat

[6]Jun 6, 2008
    • level: 2
    Flower's father left the study area.

I was disappointed when they said that Youssarian and Zaphod were from the Lazuli. Wouldn't that mean Youssarian would be mating with his neices and nephews? Animal Planet should think before they change things around. Because Youssarian most certainly is not a Lazuli male.

But, aside from that, I loved the movie.

Saw the sneak peek for season 4, hated the new narrator. Have you seen some of the COMMERCIALS for season 4?! That is not appropriate for small children!

They dropped the cameras at the burrows 24/7 after season 1 because it was too costly and they got very little film from there that they used in the show.