Meerkat Manor Forums

Friday 8:00 PM on Animal PlanetBetween Seasons

I hate YOUSSARIAN!

GoldenWod567

[1]Nov 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    I have no idea if thats how you spell it but he practiclly MURDERED that pup of Mozart's and now hes done it again with Daisy's and arent daisy's pups also his? who here agrees with me?
    Edited on 04/09/2007 2:07pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

X-624

[2]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 12
    Ah what episode are you talking about. I know He killed Mozarts pup but I don't recall Daisy's pups were his? I know Pancake's pups were his Is that what your talking about? Oh and I hate Him too

Spongebob4eva

[3]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 3

Oh don't be so hard on Youssy. Yes, he is dumb some times. But he's had a hard life. He was talken by a hawk, his brother beats him up... Youssy only trys to help most of the time.

X-624

[4]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 12
    I know what you mean In season 1 I felt Bad for him . Its not him killing Pups That I hate Him it was Mozart's fault for having them. I think Daisy and him sould make there own group they are cute together

sadist_activst

[5]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 14
    Youiserian causes so much trouble i wonder why the group don't kick him out.

Ledgo

[6]Jan 3, 2007
    • level: 1
    sadist_activst wrote:
    Youiserian causes so much trouble i wonder why the group don't kick him out.

Because hes there to help. The episode where he found blossom was REALLY risky, but he succeeded. Plus, if you had a sibling who beat you up, then kicked you out, and give you constant beatings, you'd go crazy like him too.

Smeagol001

[7]Jan 13, 2007
    • level: 13
    They only keep on is because he helps rack in the ratings and the money, for bieng such a source of controversy, the show will keep him.

bex753

[8]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 8
    Smeagol001 wrote:
    They only keep on is because he helps rack in the ratings and the money, for being such a source of controversy, the show will keep him.

they are wild animals sure there is some tricky editing to make the story work but there is no ratings thing going on you don't make wild animals do anything, they are not trained seals for god sake.

You can't put human emotions on to animals you have obviously been watching too much finding nemo and such Sorry to be so rude but this is more polite than I was going to post
    Edited on 02/25/2007 3:22pm

TheWerePuppyGrr

[9]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 5
    I thought Smeagol001 was just joking...

Anyway, I like Youiserian. At least he TRIES to be helpful. Plus he's the only one that I can recognise without the help of the voiceover, apart from Flower with her big ol' radio collar.

katyrose24

[10]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 6
    and hannibal you can recognize him from a mile away, i think hes freaky looking

Mkatpro11

[11]Jul 3, 2007
    he is also a good helper in fights.

Cruise_meerkat

[12]Jul 11, 2007
    Guys, I can't believe it! Youssarian is my favorite! He just acts that way because he can't help it, the hawk drop messed up his brain.

JMflower

[13]Nov 25, 2007

Yes I hate him to. He killed one of Mozart's new born pups.

I WILL ALWAYS HATE HIM!

creativity1

[14]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    Yes, Youssarian is only trying to help. The death of Mozart's pup was only an innocent mistake made by poor, nervous Youssy. And then with Daisy? That was Daisy's fault. They were succesfully moving pups until she decided to quit. I can't remember the whole thing with him and Pancake and the pups and all that, but the Whiskers chased him off, and if it hadn't been for that maybe he could have helped. Anyways, Youssarian (Youssy)was only trying to help!!! He is so helpful!!!!

creativity1

[15]Dec 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    Oh SHUT UP!!!! He is only trying to help!!!! Oh, and that scar on his eye? It wasn't by the hawk it was by his fight with Zaphod.

Cruise_meerkat

[16]Jan 7, 2008
    Yeah I found that out a few weeks ago. I read how he got it, too, in a book. Poor thing. Zaphod practically practically careened through the group, holding Youssy's eyebrow in his sharp teeth.

Anyway, in the book it lists the facts not the MM stories(which is actually quite confusing to pick out from the real facts :/).

Youssy started the burrow move, and Mozart tried to lead all her little pups there. She had four but one couldn't keep up and was sadly abandoned. The pup's name was Sparkle.

thecatsmother

[17]Feb 20, 2008
    Its really, really hard to dislike a Meerkat but Youssarian is as close as I've come.Obviously the narration is written using emotive language to make us attribute characteristics to certain Meerkats that they don't neccessarily have like when they say 'sneaky Youssarian' or go on about Shakespeare being brave (I think he is but thats not the point). Sometimes I doubt the interpretations that they give of their behaviour. If we accept that what we have been shown of Youssarian's actions accurately makes him appear jealous and spiteful (as well as a bit dim) isnt it more likely that he was taking the pups out of the burrow in order to cause harm (how do we know he wasnt thinking maybe if the pups had died it would make room for him to father some?) as if there was a threat (or if he thought there was) we never did find out what it was or why. Mozart and Daisy's pups died at best because he was stupid at worst because he is malicious.

Cruise_meerkat

[18]Jun 6, 2008
    I have a book written by the head of the meerkat research project. I will show you some proof. P.S. Badiel is Tosca.

"Throughout the breeding season, Whiskers went on with their lives as usual, ignoring the camera teams that visited them each day. Flower's sixth litter still had not emerged from the burrow when filming started. Since Mozart and Badiel also had younger litters of pups in the same burrow, the situation was complex and it was not clear what the outcome would be. On this occasion, Flower made no attempt to lead Whiskers away from the breeding burrow when her pups were three weeks old and the group continued to use the same burrow for five weeks. As the days passed, the cavities and tree roots within a day's journey of the burrow had all been explored and the meerkats gained less and less weight each day. The fleas using the burrow multiplied and the meerkats spent more and more time scratching themselves and grooming each other. Eventually, Yossarian attempted to initiate a move. With Shakespeare, Flower's two-year-old son, and Kinkaju, Flower's yearling daughter, he had remained behind at the breeding burrow to babysit the pups when the rest of the group left to forage. Yossarian went below ground and reappeared with one of Mozart's pups, still only two weeks old. He carried the pup twenty metres from the burrow, left it on the sand and then returned underground. The other two babysitters were evidently disconcerted and, after some indecision, Shakespeare fetched the pup and carried it back to the burrow.

Six days later, Yossarian tried again. Shortly after the main group left to forage, he began moving pups up from the breeding burrow and then led Flower's pups away to another one half a kilometre away. Alarmed by the pups' cries, the group returned and there was a period of confusion as Badiel and Mozart tried to transfer the younger pups to the new burrow. Mozart successfully managed to lead her four pups there, though one could not keep up and was abandoned, while Badiel carried all three of her eight-day-old pups across to the new burrow."
    Pg. 178, Meerkat Manor - Flower of the Kalahari, Tim Clutton-Brock

See? He moved them because of the ticks and fleas. Meerkats usually only stay at a burrow for 2 to 3 days, 3 weeks when they have pups, but they stayed at this one five weeks, and would stay longer if Yossarian hadn't done anything. He prevented deaths to most of the members from tick-and-flea-borne diseases.

joeybrandojones

[19]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    Yousarian acts like that because he had brain damage, or something like that, when was attacked by that hawk, thats why he act like this.

MeerkatShakes

[20]May 29, 2010

I dont see why your all so hard up about Youssy. He isnt 'abnormal' like Meerkat Manor portrayed him, He's like any other meerkat. Except that hes consistently beaten up by Zaphod. He DIDNT cause Mozart's pup's death, That was an accident caused by Mozart, WHO KNEW SHE SHOULDNT HAVE PUPS. Lets leap to the next part.

Daisy has Carlos' pups, and Flower abandons the burrow they're in. Who stays behind to help? Not Mozart, Not Tosca, Not Shakespeare, But Youssy. THE ONE YOU HATE. He tried to save her pups, He didnt chicken out Daisy returned to the new burrow and left Youssarian. And ofc, NO meerkat can carry the pups, so he followed. And next one...

Youssy DID have Pancakes pups, but he cared about them and wanted to see them when he went to the Lazuli burrow. It was PANCAKE and the rest of the babysitters that chased him off, HE CARED AND SO HE WENT AND RISKED HIS LIFE. Youssy is harmless, and your all portraying him as a 'freak'. If you think your facts are 100% right, Take a look at the book.