Tim Russert is almost irreplaceable. I know it's soon, but the NBC management must be thinking hard on how to replace him. I figure Tom Brokaw will fill in temporarily, but as he is mostly retired, they will need a new host. Some thoughts:
- Tom Brokaw: Again, retired.
- Brian Williams: Double duty?
- Dan Abrams: Ex-management.
- Keith Olbermann: Too progressive, plus he does football on Sundays.
- Chris Matthews: Close, but too loud, and may run for office next year.
- Andrea Mitchell: Don't like her, plus she's too cozy with some of the politicians she'll have to grill.
- Chuck Todd: Knows his stuff, but as an interviewer has no experience.
- David Gregory: Not a bad choice. Too vanilla?
- David Shuster: Also not a bad choice. Too controversial?
- Norah O'Donnell: Too conservative? Too often pregnant?
- Mike Barnicle: Too gruff?
- Joe Scarborough: Too insider and conservative?
- Lester Holt: Also not too bad a choice. Is he still around?
- Al Roker: Just kidding.
- Matt Lauer: Too light and fluffy.
Will they even hire from within? Or will they go outside the box? What do you think.
Whoever they pick, there will be some BIG shoes to fill. I wish them luck.