Meet the Press

Sunday 9:00 AM on NBC Premiered Nov 06, 1947 In Season

Meet the Press Fan Reviews (12)

6.9
  • I really expected more common sense on gun control

I am very disappointed in your postition on gun control. Do you think magazine capacity is an issue. There are hundreds of thousands out there. All you have to do is find one. Just one that someone will sell to you. Look, its like trying to ban the clothes the shooters wore. Or the cars that they drove to the assault. This country is in a fragile state. We need all the jobs we can muster to pull out of this. People that make or sell these guns could loose work. The gun companies would loose by having to either discontinue or retool to make other models. It will probably cost millions, for the gun companies. The NRA is right to oppose these laws. They would have no following if they didn't. They are a good organization who is a champion for gun safety. The news media keeps insisting that guns and magazines capacity is the problem. It could not be further from the truth. people are the problem. And the media does not help it by trying to get every bit of airtime they can on a massacre. It promotes copy cat type crimes to compete with the last one. To make sure they are remembered for what they did. That is what they want. And by the way, putting armed guards in schools may help the schools, but what will it do for the movie theatres, churches, supermarkets, shopping malls, etc. You will have to somehow find a way for mental health and religion to help to curb peoples actions of mass murder. Has everyone forgotten why we don't kill? Who said it first? The Ten Commandments are the answer. I don't claim to have the answers, I just expected to have more common sense out of your show. I dont always agree with your show, but have never been more disappointed in it.

Terry Langley