Melrose Place Forums

The CW (ended 2010)

Oficially CANCELLED

ToulouseLautre0

[1]May 19, 2010
    • level: 5

I have read this now on Laura Leighton's Facebook. It was officially cancelled yesterday Frown.

Edited on 05/23/2010 6:41am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

purplehewitt

[2]May 19, 2010
    • level: 5
    yep, cw announced it yesterdays along renewals of One three Hill and Life Unexpected. Goodby new Melrose Place I'mm iss ya, I liked you.

sluggerss

[3]May 19, 2010
    • level: 4
    Its kind of a bummer because they kind of ruined the original story, and the ending to it. I am going to choose to forget this remake ever happened and go back to original:

1. Sydney did not fake her own death. She truly died at the end of season 5.

2. Amanda and Peter ran off together and were never found (they never did explain why Amanda came out of hiding).

3. Jane and Kyle are raising Michaels child together (they never mentioned what was going on with the child Jane was pregnant with at the endof the first series).

4. Michael and Sydney did not have children before the first series. There, I feel better

miss_wierd

[4]May 19, 2010
    • level: 13

Yeah I just saw.. Damn I really liked this show. So many shows canceled. Cold case, Gary Unmarried, New Adventures of new Christine, Accidentally on purpose and many more. Wow it's a blood bath!

miss_wierd

[5]May 19, 2010

sluggerss wrote:
    Its kind of a bummer because they kind of ruined the original story, and the ending to it. I am going to choose to forget this remake ever happened and go back to original: 1. Sydney did not fake her own death. She truly died at the end of season 5. 2. Amanda and Peter ran off together and were never found (they never did explain why Amanda came out of hiding). 3. Jane and Kyle are raising Michaels child together (they never mentioned what was going on with the child Jane was pregnant with at the endof the first series). 4. Michael and Sydney did not have children before the first series. There, I feel better

Hahaha I feel better too.

tony382

[6]May 19, 2010
    • level: 6
    I don't understand how 90210 got renewed months ago and this just got canceled. This was way better than 90210.

thec0mebackman

[7]May 20, 2010
    • level: 15
    ^ don't hate. 90210 is WAYYYY better than MP. I was just about to post this show's cancellation, but I guess everyone knows now. lol, oh well ...goodbye Melrose Place. you shall be missed ...just a little

miss_wierd

[8]May 20, 2010

tony382 wrote:
    I don't understand how 90210 got renewed months ago and this just got canceled. This was way better than 90210.

Yeah I agree! Melrose place was so much better than 90210. 90210 was so boring.

Canogaparkcindy

[9]May 20, 2010
    • level: 49
    Oh my god, what is wrong with networks lately? It seems like they have been canceling everything! 90210 and Melrose Place were perfect together on the same night. Ugh, this makes me angry.

thec0mebackman

[10]May 20, 2010
    ^ the CW just can't make up its mind. as long as 90210, Vampire Diaries, & Life Unexpected are still on air, I'll be happy. Melrose Place lost my interest to be honest. I still have the last 4 episodes unwatched in my Tivo program. what makes me even more upset is how people find 90210 boring, & Melrose better. that makes me laugh

CartoonFreak13

[11]May 21, 2010
    • level: 9

I watched the first 12 episodes, but I just wasn't interested in watching after that. I mean MP is or was an alright show, but I just had trouble getting into it. The only characters that I truly found interesting were Ella, Violet and Lauren, the other characters just weren't very interesting to me. I may watch the final 6 episodes some day, maybe when they release it on DVD. Although, I do think it could have had potential to become a better show.

Adam_Dicy

[12]May 25, 2010
    • level: 89
    tony382 wrote:
    Agreed, and now 90210 is moving to Mondays at 8 and near the end of season 2 had worse ratings then the new MP. You think FOX will get the recently cancelled MP back home where it belongs even thought it's highly unlikely.

thec0mebackman

[13]May 26, 2010
    Adam_Dicy wrote:
    tony382 wrote:
    Agreed, and now 90210 is moving to Mondays at 8 and near the end of season 2 had worse ratings then the new MP. You think FOX will get the recently cancelled MP back home where it belongs even thought it's highly unlikely.

there's a reason why 90210 got moved to Monday night & why its ratings were so low in second half of season 2. Tuesday nights at 8 it had to compete with Dancing With The Stars, American Idol & NCIS. those are some tough enemies. obviously if 90210 had its original slot at 9 pm, the ratings would've been better. but no Melrose Place took that slot, & even with the better timeslot Melrose still failed in bringing in more viewers. sorry but this show lost its edge. 90210 > Melrose. use facts first & then make the argument

loey12886

[14]Jul 15, 2010
    • level: 10
    the original 90210 was so much better then the new 90210, I think it sucks actually

I will miss Melrose Place, I was getting so into it, first they cancelled this show and then they cancel Happy Town, this sucks big time

MichaelBaldwi2

[15]Oct 8, 2010
    • level: 1
    This is so sad I loved the old Melrose and the New one

GraceQithi

[16]Jan 7, 2011
    • level: 1

Yes! The original 90210 was a lot better than the new one; I actually hated the first episode so I refused to watch it.

I don't really remember the original Melrose Place; never really got into to it, but I was really enjoying this one. Well I am just gonna hope that they will wake up and continue with season 2 sooner or later.