Melrose Place Forums

The CW (ended 2010)

Why Ashlee Simpson Got the Boot

thec0mebackman

[1]Nov 4, 2009
    • level: 15

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-144049.html

so apparently, she was a complete diva on-set. & was disliked by her fellow cast members. plus the writers really wanted Heather Locklear back, but needed to axe someone due to budget. i like Ashlee, but if this is true, then good thing she's fired. i mean she's not even a great actress & she acts like a diva? what y'all think

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

txgirl75

[2]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    thec0mebackman wrote:

so apparently, she was a complete diva on-set. & was disliked by her fellow cast members. plus the writers really wanted Heather Locklear back, but needed to axe someone due to budget. i like Ashlee, but if this is true, then good thing she's fired. i mean she's not even a great actress & she acts like a diva? what y'all think

No big surprise about Ashely being a diva and not liked. I never heard anything good about her.

stellarchick86

[3]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    I dont mind as Ashlee's acting skils arent great and Violet is probably my least fave character (though I guess its always good to have a darker, mysterious charater around). I just wonder how they are going to do this. Kill her off?

hippityhop05

[4]Nov 26, 2009
    • level: 5

stellarchick86 wrote:
    I dont mind as Ashlee's acting skils arent great and Violet is probably my least fave character (though I guess its always good to have a darker, mysterious charater around). I just wonder how they are going to do this. Kill her off?

If she IS Sydney's killer, she could get life in prison. That could satisfy the writers' desire to write her out of the show, yet leave the door open for her return (eligibility for parole), should they be allowed to write her back into the show at some point.

alau53

[5]Nov 27, 2009
    • level: 4
    this is melrose place remember..characters die and cum back all the time..what happened to jane andrwes ..she was the landlord of melrose for one episode then kaput..i knew hiring ashlee simpson was a big mistake

TheTenth10

[6]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 6
    Those "diva" rumors are just stupid, anyone remember Shannen Doherty and Charmed? she wasn't thrown out because she was "misbehaving", only because Alyssa Milano was jealous of her. I could list 20 other TV actors having less skill.

sellie12

[7]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 18

Ha! I laughed at the comment above. Ashlee Simpson can't act. Just like dogs don't talk. It's impossible. May I remind anyone of "Undiscovered"? And it also has to do with budget issues too.

Adam_Dicy

[8]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 89
    txgirl75 wrote:
    thec0mebackman wrote:

No big surprise about Ashely being a diva and not liked. I never heard anything good about her.

I never liked Ashlee Simpson on Melrose Place as Violet Foster(she's good at playing the vindictive character), but having Heather Locklear back is pure gold, I wish Ashlee all the best.

Dec1964

[9]Dec 25, 2009
    • level: 35

TheTenth10 wrote:
    Those "diva" rumors are just stupid, anyone remember Shannen Doherty and Charmed? she wasn't thrown out because she was "misbehaving", only because Alyssa Milano was jealous of her. I could list 20 other TV actors having less skill.

The jealously between Shannon & Alyssa was the other way around.

Shannon was jealous of Alyssa, Ashley Simpson cannot Act, Sing or Mime to her own songs, Ashley will not be missed.

Thats why The Producers got rid of her.........!!!!!!

Edited on 12/25/2009 4:25pm

sellie12

[10]Jan 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    Dec1964 wrote:

TheTenth10 wrote:

The jealously between Shannon & Alyssa was the other way around.

Shannon was jealous of Alyssa, Ashley Simpson cannot Act, Sing or Mime to her own songs, Ashley will not be missed.

Thats why The Producers got rid of her.........!!!!!!

Thank You.

kok_warlock

[11]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 11
    Wow, am I the only one who actually liked her in the show? Sure, she isn`t going to win any oscars, but neither anyone else in this show, also IMO, she was by far the hottest person in it, and had quite an intensity about her character, she was one of the reasons why I kinda liked this show.

CartoonFreak13

[12]Jan 18, 2010
    • level: 9
    kok_warlock wrote:
    Wow, am I the only one who actually liked her in the show? Sure, she isn`t going to win any oscars, but neither anyone else in this show, also IMO, she was by far the hottest person in it, and had quite an intensity about her character, she was one of the reasons why I kinda liked this show.

I liked her to and Violet is a good character in my opinion.

Hamzie

[13]Jan 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    but ashlee is the sexiest one !

thec0mebackman

[14]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 15
    kok_warlock wrote:

agree agree all the way. i liked Violet/Ashley

jasptv

[15]Mar 15, 2010
    kok_warlock wrote:

I also liked her on the show, her character was so awkwardly dark... I think with a mysterious character like that they could've done so much with her

plus her acting was perfect for this character, Violet, she pulled off the cute, but a hint of psycho and is one of my fav. characters on the show

funny thing, I've never heard of anyone but Ashley Simpson in the primary cast and I wasn't even her fan, but decided to watch the show online to see what Simpson was all about... I guess now that they've gotten bigger names I guess they don't need her anymore

loey12886

[16]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 10
    to tell you the truth, I didn't mind her really, I like watching Katie cassidy, she's an awesome actress. but anyways I'm more of a fan of Ashlee's music then her acting, I didn't care for her in 7th heaven either, she ruined the show for me so I stopped watching it. Katie is the reason why I'm still watching MP

PrettyBoyThug

[17]Apr 20, 2010
    I liked Ashley Simpson AS Violet...the character had to be one of the most interesting on the show because there was something so mysterious about her. She kept you wanting to know more. I think it was a big mistake getting rid of her.

Of course Ashley Simpson isn't the best actor or singer or lip syncher or EVEN best looking, but I found her character to have represented for the crazy red heads of Melrose well. The chracter was quite interesting in my opinion......