Melrose Place Forums

FOX (ended 1999)

The Fifth Season, Vol. 1

jra3209

[1]Nov 20, 2008
    • level: 15

Season 5, Volume 1 in a 4-disc set is coming February 10, 2009 with the first 18 episodes from the 5th season.

Season 5, Vol. 1

Edited on 12/05/2008 3:34pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jra3209

[2]Nov 20, 2008

The Set is rumored to include:

1. Living With Disaster

2. Over Dick's Dead Body

3. Moving Violations

4. Hunka Hunka Burin Love

5. Un-Jane Melody

6. Jane's Addiction

7. Young Doctors in Heat

8. Mission: Interpersonal

9. Farewell Mike's Concubine

10. Nice Work If You Can Get It

11. Sole Sister

12. Quest For Mother

13. Crazy Love

14. The Accidental Doctor

15. Escape From L.A.

16. Eyes Of The Storm

17. Better Homes and Condos

18. Great Sex-Pectations (Part's 1 and 2)

HeXxXeD

[3]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 17
    ugh that means we have to wait for five more sets if they go along with this vol. crap. and that means by the time they are done releasing the dvds we will be in 2011! argh.

jra3209

[4]Nov 21, 2008
    Yeah 6 sets counting this one. I really hope they don't this, ending the volumes on the Mid-Season episodes. But if they go with FOX's schedule for Season 6 it would be a waste on Volume 2 just like 12 episodes.

I hope Season 5 is the only season they do this with.

HeXxXeD

[5]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 17
    IA

michael1988_gr

[6]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    i hate that kelly rutherford's the only one not on the cover! she appeared in almost every episode that season.

jra3209

[7]Dec 5, 2008
    They could of photoshoped her in like they did with Taylor. Updated with the Final, Hi-Def Cover art.

degrassi_lover

[8]Dec 16, 2008
    • level: 21

Taylor looks like a mess on the cover.

I also think they should of put Kelly Rutherford on the cover. I hope they update. I don't really like it.

detroitpiston24

[9]Dec 26, 2008
    • level: 6
    I won't be buying this one. I don't do volume sets, it's the whole season or nothing at all. Plus with no special features, and this being one of the worst seasons of the show, I've got no reason to get it. And by the time CBS is finished releasing the series, they'll probably wait a year and then release a complete series set(like they did with Charmed) so I'm not gonna waste my money.

jra3209

[10]Jan 8, 2009
    detroitpiston24 wrote:
    I won't be buying this one. I don't do volume sets, it's the whole season or nothing at all. Plus with no special features, and this being one of the worst seasons of the show, I've got no reason to get it. And by the time CBS is finished releasing the series, they'll probably wait a year and then release a complete series set(like they did with Charmed) so I'm not gonna waste my money.

I would love a complete series set of the show with a booklet like the "Friends" set had. But I think it would be half-assed like this set. If I was you I would just wait for Volume 2 and then make the purchase. But I know where your coming from, Season 5 is the last really good season of MP. Season 6 is stupid and boring. It just goes around with dumb uninteresting stories. Season 7 is okay, I like the Series Finale.

Tv-series

[11]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 4
    love the cover

RHalladay

[12]Feb 3, 2009
    I think the reason that Kelly Rutherford isn't on the cover art is because she didn't appear in the openning credits in the episodes that are on the set. She wasn't added until the episode after Kimberly died. Everyone else on the cover were in the credits. When they release the second volume, Jane will likely be removed and replaced with Megan.

jra3209

[13]Feb 5, 2009
    I think the next cover for Volume 2 might resemble Season 1's with everyone's faces. I don't think they did another photo shoot.

ryan_ca

[14]Feb 14, 2009

HeXxXeD wrote:
    Season 5, Volume 1 in a 4-disc set is coming February 10, 2009 with the first 18 episodes from the 5th season.

I live in Canada and the set I bought has the first 20 episodes, not 18. Episodes 18 and 19 (Great Sex-pectations, Parts 1 & 2) are listed as one, so the episode description count equals 19, but the last episode on the set is episode 20, "Catch Her in a Lie". I realize your post was posted before the set was released, so just curious if the U.S. sets are the same as the Canadian.

jra3209 wrote:
    I hope Season 5 is the only season they do this with.

I hate when they split a season into two sets too. And, what's worse, is that they usually charge close to the same price for a half season set as they do for a full season. Generally, it is just marketing, a way for the studios to make even more money off the shows, but in the case of Melrose, I read that the ratings at the end of season 4 had dropped and the season 4 set dropped in sales also, compared to the previous 3 seasons, which is why there was such a long wait in between. Because of the low sales of season 4, apparently they wanted to see how well season 5 would sell, so only released a partial season this time around.

I also hate when they change the DVD packaging. If the studio starts using a new type of packaging, I think they should finish releasing already released show's season's in the same original packaging and use the new plastic DVD case packaging for shows that had no previous seasons already released. Maybe it is just me, but if I am going to collect an entire series on DVD by season, I want them to look the same (package design, not colors/artwork/width) and be uniform in appearance and height on my shelf.

Edited on 02/14/2009 2:56am
    Edited 4 total times.

peach_25

[15]Aug 8, 2009
    • level: 4
    tvshowsondvd have annouced that Melrose Place season 5 volume 2 is tentively being planned for a november 24th release. I hope so because I can't wait.