Memphis Beat

Polk Salad Annie

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 13, 2010 on TNT

• Good acting, good story, good pacing, and great cinematography - no jitter, no shaky cam, no nauseating "visual effects".

Kudos to the cinematographer / director / editor for not ruining the episode with "trendy" (i.e., bad) cinematography.

Instead, I could relax, and enjoy the clever story, the character development, and the tasteful snippets of fictional life in Memphis.

I am very very pleased with the episode, and frankly, the previous ones, as well. I was especially pleased that the car chase wasn't pumped up with pseudo dramatic shaky cam, or other video vandalism. It was so refreshing to be able to watch the whole episode without wincing.

I hope other producers / cinematographers take a lesson from this team - they're excellent.
  • I like this show.

I admit I want to like this show. I really do. I love Jason Lee & have a serious soft spot for D J Qualls. Possibly because he always plays the earnest loser. And don't get me started on Alfre woodard.

That being said, I was a little disappointed that this episode didn't really surprise me. You knew from the title Annalise would be the one trying to have her brother killed. I enjoyed the episodes much more. Still some funny bits in there. And my favorite line :

" You can't just fall for every would be murderess that comes along. "

Good dialouge & good actors kept this episode alive. Here's is hoping tomorrow night episode is better;0