Men Behaving Badly (US)

NBC (ended 1997)

fuddle2

Men Behaving Badly (US) Fan Reviews (2)

5.3
  • Hidden Gem

The first part is the description of the show from the cover of the DVD. Best friends and roommates Kevin (Ron Ellard, E.R.) and Jamie (Rob Schneider) are devoted to prolonging their adolescence. Kevin's girlfriend (Justine Bateman, Family Ties) is determined to civilize Kevin but his bad boy charisma teams with Jamie's immoral support are hard to fight.

I watched this show when it came out in the late 90's, I was disappointed when NBC was going to cancel the show after one season, then I read Rob Schneider fought to have the show renewed for a second season, but NBC agreed only if the show replaced Ron Ellard and Justine Bateman. Rob Schneider agreed and brought in Ken Marino (Veronica Mars) and the second season flopped. I loved the first season, laughed constantly, but I watched two episodes of the second season and never laughed once.

What made the first season good was the role played by Rob Schneider fit him perfectly, and Ron Ellard and Justine Bateman played the straight faced humor incredibly, something Ken Marino could not accomplish. When I recently bought the DVD I was worried that after ten years the humor would be outdated, but I was pleasantly surprised when I laughed through each of the first seasons episodes with almost no episode disappointing me. I cried through the second season, I have to believe the low ratings on T.V.com is from people who judged the show based on the second season. You can find the American version on the net fairly cheap, I picked up the complete series for less than $10. My all time favorite sitcoms are Two and a Half Men, Married With Children, Everybody Loves Raymond, Coupling (U.K.), and Men Behaving Badly (U.S.). If you have never seen Men Behaving Badly (U.S.) but you enjoy the other shows I listed, then I believe you will enjoy Men Behaving Badly because the humor is right down the same alley as those other shows.
  • A very funny show.

This is truly a great comedy show. I enjoy watching it over and over and over again. I can watch the same episode 2 or 3 times in a row just so I can catch things that I might have missed. I think I have all of the episodes recorded and I watch them whenever there is nothing good on TV. It is always entertaining to me. I will also have my friends and family watch the episodes with me and try and get them hooked. So far everyone has because it is that good of a show. Look for it on the air or come over to my house and watch my DVD's.