Men in Black: The Series

The WB (ended 2001)

maritimer00

Men in Black: The Series Fan Reviews (10)

• Lacks charisma like the films

1st ep (10)
  • Men in Black: The Series

This series has great sound editing in 2001.
  • The Men in Black Syndrome

This series was possibly one of the best of the 90's because it had a cool cast, cool stories, and furthermore, it was one of the last series developed, having a movie as its base (the others were obviously Beetlejuice, Godzilla: The Animated Series, Back to the Future and of course, The Real Ghostbusters and the Extreme Ghostbusters), not to mention its animation was very simple, but very fluid at the same time.

It was a really bonus when they decided to bring characters like the Worms, Frank the Pug, the Twins and even Jeebs to the series, because it gives you the feeling that you are still watching the original movie and all its awesome characters. A 10 is too little for the out-of this-world series, if you ask me.
  • Pop culture filled, movie inspired, animated nugget of J for joy!

Not many shows based off of movies do that well. Buffy and Mash are two that I most notably know. MIB has a special place in my heart with all the pop culture jokes from Klingons to Air Jordan's the one-liners will crack you up. The intro is an instant classic and the almost anime style really suits the series. A lot of new aliens were introduced, you find out that K has a love interest and they do a good job of tying back to the first movie. All in all, if you get the jokes it's a classic.

If you catch all the subtle humour you'll see it's more then just a kids cartoon and that's what makes it very watchable. That and all the crazy firearms they have mixed in with the special powers Agent J accidentally receives.

It was hard to watch the last episodes because I knew once I did there was nothing new for J and K to do, but this series is an instant classic - at least to me.
  • Good cartoon base off a movie.

This cartoon was base off a good movie and i think is on of the best cartoons to come out in the late 90's. I use to watch it every saturday morning. This is a cartoon a lot of people slept on but it was very good. They should bring it out on dvd. I know some people would buy it and some will not. This is one of the best cartoons base off a movie.
  • If the noisy cricket is funny once, it's funny a thousand times!

4.1
    Some things work fine in their nice little self-contained hour and a half universes. Like Men in Black. I'm not saying a Men in Black TV show was doomed from the get-go, but it hurt itself by not having the guts to venture from the safe little groove the movie had made for it. Jay is still the cocky and not entirely competent new kid on the force, Kay is still his inscrutible yet caring senior partner, and the show still tried, again and again, to get a reaction from Jay being knocked on his butt from the noisy cricket, the guy whose head can be blown off and grow back, and the jet car that can drive upside down. I remember one time they driving back home on the bottom of a bridge just 'cuz the writer thought it would look cool. They didn't even have to get somewhere really fast to save the world. I like Men in Black, it's a fun concept (and it made for the funniest Class of 3000 episode yet), but they just weren't willing to try to be different from the movie.
  • Off movie.

Yet another cartoon made to destroy the movie from which it was based on. I wish that studios would realize that when there is an extremely popular movie made, that the last thing they should do is make a cartoon based on it. It totally messed wish what happened in the movie, and I'm sure I'm not the only person that realized that.
  • a team of two agents from the most secretive organization on the planet who work to keep the knowledge of aliens away from the general public.

And it probably would have been best to keep this show away from the general public. Even though it was based on one of the best movies of all time, this show doesn't even add up to the show. "Why" you ask yourself "does every episode end in the word 'syndrome'?" can't they think up a good name other than something like "The big bug sweeper syndrome" or something like that? they don't even have any to-be-continued episodes, no cliff hangers all they have are episodes where they get into a situation, find a way to get out of it and get out of it, sure, some series pull it off well, but said series do have episodes that move a storyline along, I'm not saying it's a bad show, it's fairly decent, but one thing that could have been better was if they hired on Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Rip Torn to do the voices to the characters they did in the movies.
  • A decent animated kids show based on the movie.

This was a pretty good television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • Good show based upon the movies.

Great animated show based on the Men In Black movies staring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones. It way one of the few childrens shows to involve guns [because we all know america is scared of guns and kids now]. The alien gore was also appreciated. Vilolent for a kids show and thats why I loved it.