Men in Trees Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Men in Trees has been canceled

phf3947

[1]May 4, 2008
    • level: 71
    According to Mike Ausiello, Men in Trees has been advised by Jenny Bicks that the show has been canceled. Read the story here: Exclusive: ABC Chops Down Men in Trees.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mdstudio

[3]May 5, 2008
    • level: 5

I read about it here: http://tvseriesfinale.com/articles/men-in-trees-abc-cancels-anne-heche-drama/

Man, they really messed this show up. Its like they wanted it to fail.

hal9000_basic

[4]May 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    Its getting so bad that I'm reluctant to watch any new Episodic series for fear it will be cancelled, just when I get interested, and leave me hanging.

phf3947

[5]May 5, 2008
    • level: 71
    At least we won't be left hanging with Men in Trees. The producers suspected something like this could happen, so a final episode was written and filmed just in case

KireaI

[6]May 5, 2008
    • level: 4

Least they can do is give us a happy ending... for once I would like a couple to be happy in TV, and Marin and Jack do deserve it.

dpm1did1

[7]May 5, 2008
    • level: 6

Is this a surprise to anyone? The old cliche of 'the good die young!' comes to mind.

Perhaps it was just a bit to viewer friendly to survive. Low on big action scenes, riotous behaviour , or any real sense of false-reality-show syndrome. Instead it was simple relaxed entertainment with the added bonus of nice scenery!

SASUGA123

[8]May 5, 2008
    • level: 6

This is not right. Yeah Jericho got renewed by peanuts....but no one campaign ever planted 7,000 trees for families in developing countries. That really deserves to be recognized, it speaks volumes about your fanbases intergrity. Don't give up! Call newspapers! ABC should atleast bring back the show midseason run. Try Oprah's network Oxygen.

Kadodian

[9]May 6, 2008
    • level: 23
    I have to be honest. I don't really like this show but it is a good show. I am angry about how all these channels keep cancelling all these shows like Joey,Veronica Mars,The O.C,Jericho and now maybe Aliens in America and Reaper .

charmedNY2K

[10]May 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    It's said on DigitalSpy that the intentional season finale will serve as the penultimate episode, and a series finale has been written and will be in production soon!

nikomatic

[11]May 6, 2008
    • level: 13
    Well, at least the writers know of the cancellation beforehand so they can deliver a satisfying series finale to the fans... Most shows don't event get that.

vitaminjd

[12]May 6, 2008
    • level: 13

I love this show, and I'm really sad it's been cancelled. But I have to be honest, the last few months have been not been good.

It seems like we waited forever for a new episode and when it did come, nothing really happened.

I love every MiT character but there were so many of them (15-20) their storylines didn't seem to move along. I had hoped that they would in time... but I guess time ran out!

trixie08

[13]May 8, 2008
    • level: 1
    It's sad news to hear they cancelled the only show on ABC worth watching.I had to regularly search for it,because they kept moving it around,and taking it off the air leavng all the fans hanging for weeks on end,like they did not want anyone to watch a really good show.The show line up on ABC is GARBAGE!I hope a cable network picks Men in Trees up,so we can all enjoy a well written,positive,and heart felt, entertaining show.I'm sure ABC does not care about the loss of veiwers,by this action.I'll be watching CBS!

GGLuver

[14]May 12, 2008
    Man I am so annoyed also just found out that October Road is cancelled as well, 2 great shows that deserve to be on the air. I supose that the only thing about MIT being cancelled is that the producers know and we can have a proper ending of the show, but still this really sucks. 2 devestating blows for me today, 2 shows gone that truly had potential

kitkatter8

[15]May 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    Way to go ABC-the one show that was worth to take the time and watch and you cancel it!! The scenery in this show was amazing and the writing was really good too but by changing the schedule every week, what did you expect?Viewers can only do so much,you guys really messed up this time!I wasn't a big fan of your network to begin with and this doesn't make me want to be one either!!

Roncapham

[16]May 16, 2008
    I totally agree with you!!! They never kept it on the same day. I hope the fans freak and it is brought back again. Very sad! A-J

mmargaux

[17]May 21, 2008

ABC and all the major networks, seem to think we, the viewers, are mindless, drooling idiots - hence, all the inane reality shows - in my opionion, "reality bites"! Men in Trees is/was the best TV had to offer, and they never gave it a chance to take off!

If you are interested in letting ABC now just how many fans are up in arms about Men in Trees being canceled, join in on the Men in Trees message board at ABC.com. The fans are doing whatever they can to save Men in Trees from the ashes!

Don't forget to watch the final 3 episodes: May 28, 10:00 PM, June 4, 10:00 PM and June 11, 10:00 PM on ABC. It we can get the numbers way up, maybe ABC will reconsider and pull it out of the dustbin!

Bleumke

[18]May 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    I don't get it. October Road being cancelled just this sudden. They did it with Gilmore Girls. It looks like they just stop in the middle of something.

But I'm glad we get a decent farewell here, wrapping it up nicely leaving us with no questions afterwards

teamsmooth

[19]May 26, 2008
    • level: 2

Totally Bummed. There is no other show I look forward to watching

AND my husband loves to watch it with me too!

::::sigh:::: Time to pull out the ol' CDs. Most of the shows on are boring, or stressful to watch. MiT was entertaining. Made me laugh and smile and hope and dream.

Edited on 05/26/2008 9:00am

crocgirl71

[20]May 28, 2008
    Loved the show from the start but let's be honest, this second season was no good. They lost me at amnesia.