Men in Trees Forums

ABC (ended 2008)

Official discussion: "Taking the Lead" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 71
    It's nearly time to say goodbye to all our friends in Elmo. Please discuss "Taking the Lead" in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vitaminjd

[2]Jun 11, 2008
    • level: 13

Well, the finale has aired, and it looks like I'm the first to comment. For me, it was an underwhelming ending to a show that had great potential. ABC really dropped the ball with this one. So sad.

Edited on 06/12/2008 10:56am

teddy2288

[3]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 7
    It's a shame that Annie and Patrick didn't get back together.

kaya111

[4]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 10
    I couldn't believe that was the series finale! It wasn't emotional or anything. The one thing I'd wanted was for Patrick and Annie to get back together - the series was ending - so why not?

vitaminjd

[5]Jun 12, 2008
    kaya111 wrote:
    I couldn't believe that was the series finale! It wasn't emotional or anything. The one thing I'd wanted was for Patrick and Annie to get back together - the series was ending - so why not?

I just don't think there was enough time to do justice to the story since Annie had been so insistant that they were not getting back together. And I guess the fact that they didn't get together kept it from being an unrealistic "everyone lives happily ever after" kind of ending.

stdmitch

[6]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 4
    teddy2288 wrote:
    It's a shame that Annie and Patrick didn't get back together.

I agree. This was the only bittersweet aspect of the show. I never like the hockey team aspect or Ivan the player. I still disagree with the cancelation of this show. If only ABC had left it on in ONE steady timeslot its audience would have been tremendous. I was really charmed by the whole entire cast.

GGLuver

[7]Jun 14, 2008
    • level: 10
    To be honest this ending was Blah!! wasnt impressed at all at the ending, its a shame cause its a really great show and its a shame that it ended so poorly. I also cant believe that Annie and Patrick didnt end up together, that whole Patrick storyline was stupid anyway. Am very disapointed that the show is over and am disapointed at the way it ended.

vitaminjd

[8]Jun 15, 2008
    GGLuver wrote:
    that whole Patrick storyline was stupid anyway.

I'm guessing that they wrote the amnesia storyline as a way to drag out the love story between Annie and Patrick. After all, by the end of the first season everyone had pretty much gotten together already... Marin and Jack, Ben and Theresa, Sarah and Eric, Jane and Sam, Celia and Dick. It backfired in the end because the show didn't last long enough for the story to play out completely.

JaeBianca

[9]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 16

I was pleased with the finale. I probably would have been upset with Patrick and Annie not getting together had he not become such an @ss in the last season. Even once he regained his memory, he approached winning her back like a disrespectful @ss. I found Ivan to be both hot and sincere, and Annie deserved to have that to repair her shattered heart. If the show were going to continue, then eventually Annie and Patrick could have reunited, but now it would have been forced.

I was very happy that Sarah and Eric got engaged. When Paul Wingfield showed up, I was terrified that he (and his apparently sexy toes) were going to put a negative strain on their relationship.

I so cannot stand Jane--she is beyond condescending! I've lived in both NYC and Connecticut and there is no way anyone would not consider her to be obnoxious, so her rube of a husband must be an idiot if he finds it attractive. He must also be very good in bed, as there is nothing else about him that she seems to genuinely like.

Aloris

[10]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 11

Is Taking the lead the last episode of Men in Trees ever?

phf3947

[11]Jun 17, 2008
    Aloris wrote:

Is Taking the lead the last episode of Men in Trees ever?

Yes. That was the series finale

Aloris

[12]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 11
    Cuz on Imbd.com there is a 20th episode in season 2... are you really really sure?

phf3947

[13]Jun 18, 2008
    Really really really sure. There's a reason why responsible editors on this site won't accept submissions based on information taken from IMDb.com, and you've found one of them. Here's a link to tvguide.com describing "Taking the Lead" as the series finale.