Men in Trees

Read Between the Minds

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 19, 2008 on ABC

• A little piece of Elmo comes to New York.

This episode starts with Celia arresting Patrick for taking a lawn chair balloon ride. Annie gets caught visiting after hours and Celia tosses her in the pokie as well. It's o.k. since she has smuggled in snacks! Patrick and Annie get some nice time together even if it's in jail. Sam and Jane throw a party in New York to celebrate their marriage. Marin, Jack and Jerome come to New York to celebrate. Jerome is heartbroken when Mary Alice (Annie's mother) decides not to meet him. Marin and Jack struggle because Jack hasn't been sleeping and won't talk to Marin about his problem. He keeps coaxing her into sex instead. Marin ponders silence on her radio show by asking - does someone have the right to remain silent in a relationship. Good question!

My favorite part of the episode was Sam meeting Jane's parents. When Jane had previously mentioned that her parents were little, Sam didn't understand that she meant they were little people. The look on his face was priceless. Jane and Sam really touch my heart. Their chemistry is excellent and his speech about her at the very end of the episode had me in tears.